early completion

johnmayhew
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I will keep it brief. I bought a house at auction, in the auction it stated that exchange of contracts must be with-in 14 days. On the day I instructed a solicitor to carry ok the conservancy work and ask then if they could complete with-in 7 days which they said there would be a fee of £150 for early completion. The company also dealt with the seller but from a different office. Right long and short of it all. It took nearly four weeks to exchange contracts and further more they asked where did I want the keys to be sent, I asked to pick them up from there offices which were 50 miles away. I went down to pick them up 6 days later and they informed me that they had not got the keys that the seller still had them. So I had spent money on fuel and to change the locks. Do I claim for the £150 plus loss of travel and change of locks from the company or seller?

Hello there.

You've posted in the forum that's about CAG itself. I hope you would get some answers in the General Legal forum, so will move your thread there and leave a redirect for you to follow.

HB

thanks not sure where to post

I will keep it brief. I bought a house at auction, in the auction it stated that exchange of contracts must be with-in 14 days. On the day I instructed a solicitor to carry ok the conservancy work and ask then if they could complete with-in 7 days which they said there would be a fee of £150 for early completion. The company also dealt with the seller but from a different office. Right long and short of it all. It took nearly four weeks to exchange contracts and further more they asked where did I want the keys to be sent, I asked to pick them up from there offices which were 50 miles away. I went down to pick them up 6 days later and they informed me that they had not got the keys that the seller still had them. So I had spent money on fuel and to change the locks. Do I claim for the £150 plus loss of travel and change of locks from the company or seller?

To claim anything you will have to determine who is actually responsible.

1. Did the solicitors fail by not requiring the seller to relinquish the keys/ failed to follow up at completion, causing your expenses.

2. Did the seller ignore requests for the keys

3. Did the seller refuse to relinquish the fees?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thank you BRIGADIER2JCS for your response.

The Solicitors were working for both party's. They asked were would i like the keys sent and i informed them that i would pick them up from thier offices if this was a problem to let me know.

They never informed me that the keys were not there.

With regards to the early completion fee (£150) i have asked for the refund and they in all cases the Solicitors have said its not down to them.

Thank you BRIGADIER2JCS for your response.

The Solicitors were working for both party's. They asked were would i like the keys sent and i informed them that i would pick them up from thier offices if this was a problem to let me know.

They never informed me that the keys were not there.

With regards to the early completion fee (£150) i have asked for the refund and they in all cases the Solicitors have said its not down to them.

Hi John,

To whom was the fee paid?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: