DWP Investigation

Laceby

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2655 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I've just received a DWP letter stating they've received information suggesting I had capital over £6000 whilst claiming JSA. They are asking for my bank statements for the times I was getting benefits. I have only one concern and that is I borrowed £2010.00 over the period of one month from a kind friend and those deposits are showing on my bank statement. Is borrowing money classed as fraud whilst on benefits? Should I have told them about it? still owe some of the money. I definitely don't have anything anywhere near £6000.00 so I am not worried about that side of things. I assume when they say capital they mean money am I correct or not?

This is the first time in my life this has happened to me and I am both worried and confused my stomach is churning. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. I have not got anyone to talk to about it so I came on here. Has this happened to anyone on here?

Thanks.

Edited by Laceby
add more information

I was in a similar situation regarding a payment of compensation of approx. £4000. I took advise by ringing a QC who was doing a spot on LBC radio. I was advised that the monies were not classed as taxable income, also The amount was below the threshold for declaration. Loans are not something that you need to declare because they have to be paid back and therefore will accrue interest only to the lender.