BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hi, I had no WS for this case but it is being bulk processed/heard together with my other case for a separate car park for which all WS are in place. Are they allowed to have this case heard without a separate WS for it?
    • Okay – were in that case I'd like to disentangle the thread a little bit please. First of all who is the independent Nissan car dealership? – Presumably they are the ones who came back to you and said they wanted 10 quid? They were the ones who are rude to you on the phone and you want to get a copy. I have to say that I'm a bit surprised given how long you've been here that you are relying on some company to provide you with evidence against them instead of having recorded the court yourself as per our customer services guide. You have also made a statutory disclosure request to Nissan themselves. It will be very helpful if you could just go through the chronology of each request – in bullet pointed fashion. Frankly will be helpful to start new threads
    • I would love to have been able to do so, but David Howie was storing my belongings at a third party location and wouldn't tell me where it was. I now know where they are and delivery has been scheduled for 2 March. If the experience of other customers is anything to go by, I expect to be receiving a lot of damaged goods. But at least I will no longer be at the mercy of Mr. Howie.
    • Debt, evicted, homeless. Property remains unsold, big interest accrued til no equity left. Bank employed pi to harass elderly parent on assumption 'child' living with parent. Parent advised they're only person at their address.  Pi been questioning neighbours too - with same answer.  Bank has # and email details. No address.  'Child' staying temp with friends - nfa.  Mail diverts to box - so get post.  Until new perm address, old address remains on files. Parent has no knowledge of 'child' temp address/es.  Parent wishes to put a stop to the harassment. No return address on envelopes - so opened last letter.  Advance notice to return certain time to serve "B" petition on 'child' who they know doesn't live there. How can relative stop them. It is intimidation. Aren't there rules on how many times a debt collector can hassle a relative? And isn't it illegal to disclose financial info to relative/ neighbours? In letter there was a # to call (pi).  Should relative call the # to say go away?  Or does that mean relative is admitting opening mail not for them, and then has knowledge of the potential petition and thus implicated? Also, if unsold - how can bank issue B petition?  Confused on best action.  
    • Thanks for this fkofilee. I am happy to take legal action.   When it comes to the recovering of money, am I asking for the £150 compensation and the £49.17 I had in the account? Should they be compensating for the unfair CIFAS, and the fact that it has been 3 months since they agreed to sort all of this out? When the FOS said they were happy with the £150 compensation amount, none of us knew of the CIFAS and that is quite a big issue, plus the damage that has been caused by it upto November 2019, and the further damage caused in the past 3 months when all of it should have been removed? Barclays sent paperwork to the FOS that stated I did have a strong case, but against Amazon, and this decision was made pre May 2019, so they are saying there was a case for a refund, yet issued that CIFAS at the end of May 2019 saying I had committed 1st Party Fraud. So they were saying I had a strong case which would mean they didn't suspect me of fraud, and then issued a CIFAS against me saying I have committed fraud. That doesn't make sense does it.
  • Our picks

Chris.Marsh

Changed energy supplier without Authority!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1999 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

It would appear that I have been moved to another energy supplier without my authority!

This started back in November last year when I was contacted by Unicom sales and offered a better deal on my electric supply

all sounded pretty reasonable on the phone and they e-mailed me a Letter of Authority to sign and return.

On reading this Letter of Authority which gave them the authority to contact my current supplier

and gather information about my account and rates;

but I noted that there was a paragraph that gave them the Authority to Terminate my contract with my current supplier

and move it to them, so at this point I left it.

I soon received a call asking for the Letter of Authority,

I explained that I wasn't happy with the Termination Clause and that I wouldn't sign such a letter.

I was assured that they wouldn't terminate my current supplier contract without my say so;

so to be sure I edited the Letter of Authority and removed the offending paragraph, signed it and sent it back.

I never heard any more until

a couple of months ago when I noticed that my DD payments to Unicom had jumped from about £30/Month to well over £1,000/Month.

I immediately rang Unicom to see what was going on and

they told me that it was because of my electric supply which they had taken over,

I found this to be quite distressing as I had been paying my previous supplier in the region of £700/Quarter.

I asked on who's Authority had they transferred my contract?

I was informed that I had signed a Letter of Authority and that they had this letter on file;

I asked for them to e-mail me that letter which they did and I can confirm that the copy they have is the edited version that I sent.

So my question is did they have the authority to terminate my contract?

Regards

Chris

no!!

get the ofgem involved quickly

contact your old supplier and get them to reverse the switch

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

Get a subject access request off to them immediately so you get back a copy of the amended letter you sent them.

I have a copy of the original Letter of Authority, I have the edited version and I have the edited version again but this time e-mailed from them so this proves that the version they have on file is the one that I edited.

so do I have enough?

Is the next action to contact them again and ask then to read the Letter of Authority again and point out the edits I made?

Regards

Chris

also chrish

go have a read of the BES threads in this forum.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

First off, do as dx100 says above and report it to Ofgem.

Next is to send them an official complaint and marked as Official Complaint and include a copy of the amended contract.

Also send an email with your complaint to the CEO - chris.earle@switchingon.com and see what he has to say.

When you have gone through the formalities, then you can start moving higher. It's not an overnight fix though.

OK and thank you Guys, I'll get the process under-way on Monday.

Regards

Chris