benefit fraud

mccallum34
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been interviewed aggressively by two members of a investigation team for benefit fraud, they claim that from last June 2013 till April 2014 I did not inform them of a change of circumstances, i.e. a new bank account and the fact that over that period some £6000 was put in that account and a friend lent me £15,000 to buy a car, what Is going to happen.

I have been interviewed aggressively by two members of a investigation team for benefit fraud, they claim that from last June 2013 till April 2014 I did not inform them of a change of circumstances, i.e. a new bank account and the fact that over that period some £6000 was put in that account and a friend lent me £15,000 to buy a car, what Is going to happen.

Hello and welcome to CAG. The forum guys should be along later with advice for you.

Was this an interview under caution [iUC] that you had? And do you agree with their figures?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Im concerned.

You have 2 different threads relating to fraud but appear to be different cases.

Have you been arrested and charged TWICE?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?431835-arrest-for-fraud

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Have you been arrested and charged TWICE?

SS, I would think this was an IUC with the DWP's investigators, they don't arrest people.

mccallum, is there a reason why you didn't have a lawyer please? It sounds as if a good one would be helpful in both your situations.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

no two seperate matters, i guess they are both speaking to each othet, and as i dont think i have done anything wrong and i cant afford a lawyer, not sure what to do, only been arrested for fraud by police regarding not paying of finance on machinery, the housing benefits they wrote to me and asked me to coem in which i did and have frozen all my benefits

Simplistic view of what I can see.

You buy on finance Machinery A

You are currently on Benefits.

You sell Machinary A and recieve Figure X

You have other items B C D on the same finance company.

You have settled B C and D with the finance company

You have taken the money from A and it has gone into your bank account.

Somehow DWP have found out about this undeclared income. Prob from the finance company wondering where the money is from A to settle the debt. Effectivly selling A so that when they came to reprocess it they were unable to do so. Finance Company then makes a complaint of Fraud. As you know Information on Fraud is shared with DWP. DWP then checked your bank account saw figure X and Other things in there that has not been declared and therefore called u in for an IAC

This looks like a mess. Definitely seek professional legal advice if what I have surmised is correct.

On that basis I suspect that both threads should be merged, this is the same problem being investigated on multiple fronts.

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Two totally separate events, the finance issue relates to 2011, however I was only arrested last month, I guess the police then pass to all other authorities info, one being local council, the police did search my house and take away my computers.

Tomorrow I answer bail , no idea is what is going to happen, as I see it I made a genuine mistake and would happily pay back both the outstanding money to the finance company and to the guy who I sold a machine to, however he used it for nearly two years making money from it.

As for me claiming housing benefit last year, all I see I did wrong is not tell them that I had some £6000 in my bank account

Just curious

1) What benefits were you claiming?

2) This expensive plant machinary along with the other 3 you said you had on the other thread PLUS the "15,000 you had go into your account for a car" all sounds like a "Business"

You need professional legal advice like yesturday

The reason I say merge the threads as its the same facts for both cases. Asking for info on the same set of facts in two different threads is tiresome

You were arrested and your computers taken for having £6000 in the bank? And is all this because you never told the council about the money or was the arrest for something else? That must be an awful experience.

Housing , benefit,

Business failed in 2012

Someone lent me £15000 to buy a car it showed in my bank account beginning of this year council claim I should have told them, it was in the bank account about two days

Housing , benefit,

Business failed in 2012

Someone lent me £15000 to buy a car it showed in my bank account beginning of this year council claim I should have told them, it was in the bank account about two days

Is that the reason they arrested you because you never told them about the money straight away?

Whats happened is the Finance company triggered the whole thing

The 15,000 to them is undeclared income. doesnt matter where it came from or what it was to be used for.

a 15,000 car is an asset which needs to be declared for benefit purposes.

The DWP may seek a repayment/prosecution in addition to this.

I am not sure the finance company are aware of any of this not heard from them for over two years, it is a police matter who then passed my details to local council who got hold of my bank accounts, I had been claims for ten months housing benefit of £250 per month

Actually after checking im not sure a car counts as a capital asset.

Regardless the money went into your account. eurgh,