• Tweets

• Your page numbers should run through your WX and exhibits so im concerned its page x of 9.
    • Paragraph 18 – you are still talking about Boston stolen items. About time this was fixed??? Paragraph 19  In any event, the claimant's PS5 gaming device was correctly declared and correctly valued. The defendant accepted it for carriage and was even prepared to earn extra money by selling sell insurance in case of its loss or damage. New paragraph 20 – this the defendant routinely sells insurance in respect of "no compensation" items (a secondary contract contrary to section 72 CRA 2015) new paragraph above paragraph 20 – the defendant purports to limit its liability in respect of lost or damaged items. This is contrary to section 57 of the consumer rights act 2015. The defendant offers to extend their liability if their customer purchases an insurance cover for an extra sum of money. This insurance is a secondary contract calculated to exclude or limit their liability for the defendants contractual breaches and is contrary to section 72 of the consumer rights act 2015. New paragraph below paragraph 42 – the defendant merely relies on "standard industry practice" You haven't pointed to the place in your bundle of the Telegraph newspaper extract. You have to jiggle the paragraphs around. Even though I have suggested new paragraph numbers, the order I have suggested is on your existing version 5. You will have to work it out for your next version. Good luck!   Let's see version 6 Separately, would you be kind enough to send me an unredacted to me at our admin email address.
    • UK travellers have been turned away at airports because their passports are not valid for EU travel.View the full article
    • i think theres been MORE than amble evidence of that and am astonished that criminal proceedings haven't begun.
    • Yep, those 'requirements' not met to shareholders satisfaction seem to me to be: 1. Not being allowed to increase customer bills by 40% (of which well over 50% of the new total would NOT be investment) 2. 1 plus regulators not agreeing to letting them do 'things in their own time (ie carry on regardless)
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Banks to reopen 2.5m PPI claims after FCA inquiry

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What does this story actually mean for us.

Banks to reopen 2.5m PPI claims after FCA inquiry

I have a claim against Capital One which they made me a final offer in October 2013. Due to a few personal reasons I did not put it back to the Ombudsman until this month and Capital One have admitted that it was incorrectly calculated but are saying it is time barred so the FOS cannot get them to recalculate.

Does this story mean that they will be contacting me and coming clean about the miscalculation (I very much doubt this)?

Will they be forced to open all claims where the amount was disputed?

I fear that without the teeth behind it then not much will happen and who is going to be able to force the banks into recalculating - is it the FOS or the FCA?

How is the FCA involved in all this. Can we complain to the FCA, in one case against Mastercard they have lied to me throughout the whole process so if they receive complaints then I will do this. Don't suppose anyone has an email for Martin Wheatley, chief executive at the FCA?

if its statute barred it cant be from the date range they are reopening cases on in the report you posted

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

My claim was given a final response in October 2013.

Capital One are saying that they don't believe that FOS should look into it since it is more than 6 months since their final response - they called it time barred.

They are saying that it is their final response and they will not look into the calculations again and that is why I was asking if the FCA could force them into calculating correctly (they have admitted that it was incorrectly calculated).

hey read it properly dx.

I am unsure if cap1 are one of the banks concerned.

however, yes I think like you

cap1 should re open it

have cap1 replied since this new revelation

I expect not!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As a general note, an FCA requirement will override anything to do with fos.

However, much depends on who the lender is and which banks/lenders have said they will re-open cases. It might not be all of them. I would guess (and I have no evidence of this) that the likes of Cap1 were not one of the lenders involved in the consultations with the FCA but if anyone has more info on this then we would be pleased to hear of it (together with links to the source of course).

How is the FCA involved in all this. Can we complain to the FCA, in one case against Mastercard they have lied to me throughout the whole process so if they receive complaints then I will do this. Don't suppose anyone has an email for Martin Wheatley, chief executive at the FCA?

you can report matters to the FCA rather than lodge complaints

http://www.fca.org.uk/site-info/contact

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

My sons girlfriend was fobbed off and is now outside the 6 month time limit, wish they had told me before as I could have done something about it, as they are now re opening claims how do you go about getting the bank to look at it again or do you have to wait for them to contact you?.

My sons girlfriend was fobbed off and is now outside the 6 month time limit, wish they had told me before as I could have done something about it, as they are now re opening claims how do you go about getting the bank to look at it again or do you have to wait for them to contact you?.

Funny enough I originally had an old complaint with Lloyds in 2012-2013 that I missed the FOS 6 months cut-off (due to various reasons and partly my fault) in which FOS rejected on that basis.

Does this mean that a new complaint can be raised again with Lloyds or will they contact me ? Is it worth contacting the FCA asking for further information ?

I don't think I would be relying on the bank to contact me - it might be worth anyone caught up in this to resubmit their claim to the Bank's Head/registered office and quote the FCA

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I don't think I would be relying on the bank to contact me - it might be worth anyone caught up in this to resubmit their claim to the Bank's Head/registered office and quote the FCA

Cheers Citizen, I might do that.

Would you just re-submit a new PPI complaint letter and mention FCA announcement ?

Cheers Citizen, I might do that.

Would you just re-submit a new PPI complaint letter and mention FCA announcement ?

I think that is the way I would be doing it... but hold fire for a little while and I will ask one of the PPI gurus to look in and confirm if this the correct way :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

[quote=ims21;The FCA has agreed with lenders that the claims to be looked at again are those for 2012 and 2013 where the stats apparently show that there was a drop in the number of claims upheld.

From reading various sources I get the impression that it wiill be for the lenders themselves to re-open these cases but of course the banks cannot be trusted to do anything which is morally right and correct.

For those who feel they were unfairly rejected during that period there would be no harm in asking the lender to look at the case again though.

Baz, does this help.. is your claim from 2012/2013 ?

BCOBS

Baz, does this help.. is your claim from 2012/2013 ?

Yes it does thanks Citizen and was during that period and like I said I was continuously fobbed off by Lloyds (a bit green around the gills then) and missed taking complaint to FOS. If I knew then what I know now it would never have happened.

Would you know where to send Lloyds SAR details to ? Also do you think that I should contact their head office or go back to their PPI department ?

Maybe a silly question but what about those that where rejected by the banks during that period and then passed to FOS who also agreed with the lender ?

• 3 weeks later...