• Tweets

• This is the other sign  parking sign 1a.pdf
    • 4 means that they need to name and then tell the people who will be affected that there has been an application made, what the application relates to (specificially "whether it relates to the exercise of the court’s jurisdiction in relation to P’s property and affairs, or P’s personal welfare, or to both) and what this application contains (i.e what order they want made as a result of it) 5 just means that teh court think it is important that the relevant people are notified 7 means that the court need more information to make the application, hence they have then made the order of paragraph 1 which requires the applicant to do more - this means the court can't make a decision with the current information, and need more, hence paragraph one of the order is for the applicant to do more. paragraph 3 of the order gives you the ability to have it set aside, although if it was made in january you are very late. Were you notiifed of the application or not?    
    • These are the photos of the signs. At the entrance there is a 7h free sign. On some bays there is a permit sign.  Also their official website is misleading as it implies all parking is free.  I can't be certain of the exact parking bay I was in that day, and there was no PCN ticket on my car and no other evidence was provided.  parking sign 2.pdf
    • Hi, In my last post I mentioned I had received an email from SS who were asking me to hand over the keys to my mother’s flat so they could pass them to the Law firm who have been appointed court of protection to access, secure and insure my mother’s property.  Feeling this, all quickly getting out of my hands I emailed ss requesting proof of this. I HAVEN’T HEARD BACK FROM SS.  Yesterday, I received an email (with attached court of protection order) from the Law Firm confirming this was correct (please see below a copy of this).  After reading the court of protection order I do have some concerns about it:   (a)   I only found out yesterday, the Law firm had been appointed by the court back in January.  Up until now, I have not received any notification regarding this.  (b)   Section 2   - States I am estranged from my mother.  This is NOT CORRECT    The only reason I stepped back from my mother was to protect myself from the guy (groomer) who had befriended her & was very aggressive towards me & because of my mother’s dementia she had become aggressive also.  I constantly tried to warned SS about this guy's manipulative behaviour towards my mother and his increasing aggressiveness towards me (as mentioned in previous posts).  Each time I was ignored.  Instead, SS encouraged his involvement with my mother – including him in her care plans and mental health assessments.   I was literally pushed out because I feared him and my mother’s increasing aggression towards me. Up until I stepped back, I had always looked after my mother and since her admission to the care home, I visit regularly.   .(c)    Sections -  4, 5 and 7  I am struggling to understand these as I don’t have a legal background.  I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to explain what they mean.  It’s been a horrendous situation where I had to walk away from my mother at her most vulnerable because of; ss (not helping), scammer and groomer. I have no legal background, nor experience in highly manipulative people or an understanding of how the SS system operates, finding myself isolated, scared and powerless to the point I haven’t collected my personal belongings and items for my mother’s room in the care home.  Sadly, the court has only had heard one version of this story SS’s, and based their decision on that. My mother’s situation and the experience I have gone through could happen to anyone who has a vulnerable parent.    If anyone any thoughts on this much appreciated.  Thank you. ______________________________________________________  (Below is the Court of Protection Order)  COURT OF PROTECTION                                                                                                                                                                                   No xxx  MENTAL CAPACITY ACT 2005 In the matter of Name xxx ORDER Made by  Depty District Judge At xxx Made on xxx Issued on 18 January 2024  WHEREAS  1.     xxx Solicitors, Address xxx  ("Applicant”) has applied for an order under the Mental Capacity Act 2005.  2.     The Court notes (my mother) is said to be estranged from all her three children and only one, (me) has been notified.  3.     (Me) was previously appointed as Atorney for Property and Affairs for (my mother).  The Exhibity NAJ at (date) refers to (me) and all replacement Attorneys are now officially standing down.  4.     Pursuant to Rule 9.10 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 and Practice Direction 9B the Applicant 2must seek to identify at least three persons who are likely to have an interest in being notified that an application has been issues.”  The children of (my mother), and any other appointed attorneys are likely to have an interest in the application, because of the nature of relationship to (my mother).  5.     The Court considers that the notification requirements are an important safeguard for the person in respect of whom an order is sought.  6.     The Court notes that it is said that the local authority no longer has access to (my mother’s) Property.  7.     Further information is required for the Court to determine the application.  IT IS ORDERED THAT  Within 28 days of the issue date this order, the Applicant shall file a form COP24 witness statement confirming that the other children of (my mother) and any replacement attorneys have been notified of the application and shall confirm their name, address, and date upon which those persons were notified.  If the Applicant wishes the Court to dispense with any further notification, they should file a COP9 and COP24 explaining, what steps (if any) have been taken to attempt notification and why notification should be dispensed with.   Pending the determination of the application to appoint a deputy for (my mother), the Applicant is authorised to take such steps as are proportionate and necessary to access, secure and insure the house and property of (my mother).   This order was made without a hearing and without notice.  Any person affected by this order may apply within 21 days of the date on which the order was served to have the order set aside or varied pursuant to Rule 13.4 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 (“the Rules”).  Such application must be made on Form COP9 and in accordance with Part 10 Rules.              
    • Unless I've got an incorrect copy of the relevant regulation: The PCN is only deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch "unless the contrary is proved" in which case date of delivery does matter (not just date of posting) and I would like clarification of the required standard of proof. It seems perhaps this hasn't been tested. Since post is now barcoded for the Post Office's own tracking purposes perhaps there is some way I can get that evidence from the Post Office...
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

collectica and CTAX payment account confusion

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3494 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi could someone please advise me as to where I go next with Collectica? .

Had a visit back in Jan from them regarding council tax arrears from the last property I lived in

(wasn't aware i owed it and when i did contact them the council wouldn't take the debt back) .

I started making random payments as when i spoke to collectica they would not accept a payment plan

so just thought i would pay what i could when i could which was around £20 per fortnight

never heard from them so assumed that its was getting paid and i wouldn't hear from them ...

. Then got another visit in May ,

2 blokes from collectica saying i haven't made any payments

told him i had been paying a £20 per fortnight no set dates just when i was paid

but made sure i got 2 X £20 payments in within the month

after looking slightly confused and phoning head office he told us the law had changed

mumbled on about people on low income didn't really understand what he was talking about if i'm honest

and told us to pay £40 a month no dates just to carry on as we were as long as i got 2 payments to them within the month

and if any other debt collectors came from collectica

tell the we are vulnerable and to p**s off (his words)

he also left no paperwork other than something to say he was going to take our car

and told us to ignore it and he would change the paperwork .

So since Mr H**** came to see us we have paid £40 every month always within the end of the month

but and here's the but ..

.i have been paying it into their account using the client ref and not their ref

so had a lovely gentleman (not) on the phone this afternoon telling me we haven't made a payment since July !!!

what !!

got my online banking on and reeled off the dates i had paid it in

always with the same standing order details i have been using since jan

and now they are telling me i have defaulted on the agreement

and now want £100 a month .

I think it is rotten that for 8 month i have been paying it using the wrong ref

and they have only just let me know and now they are saying that i have to pay £100 a month and thats that.

Is there anyway i can get the original agreement reinstated as £100 is just too much ,

struggle to get the £40 together each month never mind £100,

told him this on the phone and he said the original one at £40 should never have been set up anyway

so thats the best your gonna get and hung up on me !

Im sooo angry any advice would very much be appreciated ,

Many Thanks

Make a formal complaint to the council in writing explaining the situation and send a copy to Collectica.

If Collectica agreed to a payment arrangement which you kept to, then I don't think they can change it. I would be pretty unfair.

I would suggest that when you write to the council, that you ask for full details of the liability order they have obtained and proof that there was outstanding council tax.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank You for the reply . There was a debt with the council they have sent me out details of this when i phoned them i also asked

if they would take the debt back which they declined to do .

Im just worried as when they visited in may they had taken details down about the car and gave us a copy never signed anything and he did say to ignore it and he would sort the paper work out at his end ?? but does this mean they have the right to take it if i cant get this resolved as my partner starts a new job next week after looking for months and he will need it .

The lad on the phone was horrible no manners and up his own backside i said to him how can u say we haven't paid when i have it all in front of me he then changed tac and said its cos i was paying it on the wrong ref so they wasn't getting it till at least a week later as they had to search for it ...not convinced as i pay it by faster payments so leaves my account straight away and surely it still shows going into their account within the month , we have nothing in writing regarding the payment plan just don't know what to do he wasn't interested on the phone said it wasn't his problem :(

Just to update .... Phoned the council and they wont help or take the debt back as they would be liable for any charges that have been added by collectica :(

The council gave us a number for complaints dept that turns out to be collectica's complaints number and that doesn't exist anymore rang the number what the complaints line advised and thats just collecticas normal offices so cant see much been done there.

Sent collectica an email with attachments of the bank statement showing the transactions to their account also asked for a statement of all charges/fees added by them as the debt was for £465 and has now risen to £750 even though we have paid the £280 and not defaulted ???

Not heard anything from them as yet ...any advice on where to go next would be muchly appreciated .

Many Thanks

The council have got to deal with your complaint and cannot shirk their responsibilities. They are responsible for the actions of Collectica.

As far as I can tell, you are not asking the council to take this debt back. You are unhappy with they way Collectica are dealing with the account. So the issue about the council being responsible for bailiff fees is not relevant.

Think you will have to speak to a local councillor about the problems you are facing with the council tax department refusing to deal with your complaint. Most local councillors are quite willing to make phone calls on residents behalf to senior people in the council and you will get a quick resolution.

If you check your councils website, it will have the telephone numbers for your local councillor. Give them a phone call now or if they are not there send an email with your telephone number and what your problem is. They won't mind helping you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks for the reply

when we spoke to the council the person we spoke to 1st said they had sold the debt to collectica and are no longer responsible so we asked to speak to his manager.

she called called back and said council bailiffs wont deal with it now as we live in a different council borough and our only option was to complain through collectica .

I can't see how complaining to collectica will help as the man who we spoke to there wouldn't listen to us he said he made the rules and we don't tell them what is going to happen ! plus the number for the complaints dept is the same number we spoke to the little weasel on thursday .

Will email our local counselor a.s.a.p

We just want this resolved as we can not afford the £100 per month they have demanded and really don't want them turning up on the doorstep

I cant understand how they can do this we have not missed a payment and surely all the ref no's will be linked ???

Council rep is lying

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

We did a bit of reading up before we phoned them so knew he was lying thats why we asked for the manager

although she didn't say they had sold it she was adamant there was nothing they could do .

As renegade imp has stated the cxouncil are liars, they own the debt at all times, and can recall at will, as suggested above get your local elected councillor involved.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Unfortunately if you are saying you now live in a different Council area then your local Councillor will be of no use.

Good point PT

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

The bill if from council tax at our last property and was not aware we owed it until collectica came knocking at our new address .

I have e-mailed the council a complaint regarding collectica and asked we pay the council direct .

I have also sent a complaint to collectica as they will see from the bank statements we have not defaulted just paid it on the wrong ref . Which to me if they were reasonable people would except it was a genuine error , the money still left my account and went into theirs on time . and if it was such a big issue why didnt they contact me after the 1st payment in feb they have our tel no and address .

They have allowed it to be paid in on that ref number for 7 months .

I am going to make an appointment at the citizens advice bureau see if they can help us .

Yes thats why I came here 1st my friend told me about Cag and i am so glad she did ...Never been to cab before just thought they might help if the counsellor cant .

If you contact the councillor related to where you previously lived and this tax is apparently due from or your local councillor if still within the same authority area, they will help you.

I think you can get this resolved tomorrow, if a human decides they can be bothered.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to update ....

After writing to the councillor from our previous area we have had no rely we also wrote to the council through there complaints procedure and had no reply !

Called the council on Tuesday and was told someone would call us back still not heard anything tried to call today but was told they were closed .

We have today though recieved a letter from Collectia after complaining to them apologising and as a gesture of good will they will reinstate the the original agreement . They also acknowledged that the call was not handled in line with the high standards they expect their operators to adhere to and he will be monitored .

Just the charges we are trying to get our heads round now , they have sent us copies of our statements but we only pay £20 payments and there are payments made on the statements they have sent of £15.50 , £9.00 , £11.00 ,£4.50 so where has the rest of the £20 payment gone ?

Also been charged £235.00 +VAT as enforcement and another for £26.50 for costs incurred ?

We will try to contact the council again as we would prefer to pay them direct .

I will update when we do .

Just to update ....

After writing to the councillor from our previous area we have had no rely we also wrote to the council through there complaints procedure and had no reply !

Called the council on Tuesday and was told someone would call us back still not heard anything tried to call today but was told they were closed .

We have today though recieved a letter from Collectia after complaining to them apologising and as a gesture of good will they will reinstate the the original agreement . They also acknowledged that the call was not handled in line with the high standards they expect their operators to adhere to and he will be monitored .

Just the charges we are trying to get our heads round now , they have sent us copies of our statements but we only pay £20 payments and there are payments made on the statements they have sent of £15.50 , £9.00 , £11.00 ,£4.50 so where has the rest of the £20 payment gone ?

Also been charged £235.00 +VAT as enforcement and another for £26.50 for costs incurred ?

We will try to contact the council again as we would prefer to pay them direct .

I will update when we do .

Write back asking for more detailed information on payments and fees due. Say you are confused why they are deducting so much from the £20 payments you are making. They will deduct sums related to their fees, but they should explain this.

The £235 is the enforcement fee due.

In order to provide an accurate response can you post back to let us know the following:

How much was the Liability Order passed by the council to Collectica Ltd?

Had the bailiff previously (by this I mean before 6th April when the new regulations took effect) levied upon any goods of yours? If so..when and on what items?

The bailiff is permitted to charge £235 but this is wholly dependent on whether or not goods had been 'levied' upon before 6th April.

Can you please provide a list of the exact fees charged and the dates.

Hi ,

There are 2 accounts they are from an over payment of housing benefit , we since moved and was not made aware until jan 2014 .

I did ask collectica for the liability order but they said the council concerned had it so still trying to get this as they have not replied to emails or telephone calls .

On the statements Collectica sent it says initial debt one for £294.91 and another for £309.64 .

The bailiff never levied on any items . it says in the letter ......

Our agents attended your address on the 16th of january and spoke to you . Our agents imputed notes on both accounts and following the attendance , removed themselves from both accounts to allow you to contact our contact centre and set up payment arrangements . You contacted us on the 16th jan and were offered an arrangement of £109 per month but it has been noted on both accounts that you were unable to commit due to financial constraints . We are aware that you made payments but as payments were not made as part of an arrangement that we could accept ,action continued on your account which led to the attendance of mr ..... & mr ...... on 14th may 2014 and the addition of the enforcement fee of £235 on the same date .

Regarding the fees and charges

the 1st account ......12/12/2012 debt £294.91

16/01/2014 Sch 5 head H £ 24.50

14/05/2014 Enforcement £235.00

2nd account .......12/12/2012 debt £309.64

16/01/2014 Sch 5 Head H £ 24.50

22/01/2014 payment by D/C £ 2.00

I can scan and upload the letter and statements if needed .

Many Thanks .

Thank you for providing the above. There is no need at all to provide a copy of the letter.

Collectica have wrongly stated that the amount of £24.50 is a 'Head H Fee' when in fact it should have been referred to as an 'attending to levy' fee. Despite the wrong title the fee is correct on both account and I am pleased to see that Collectica have properly charged only one 'enforcement fee' of £235 against both accounts. The new fee scale introduced on 6th April provided that enforcement companies should combine all accounts together and apply just one 'enforcement fee'.

A query that I do have is that in your post number 16 you stated that Collectica had charged £235 plus VAT. An enforcement agent is not permitted to charged VAT on bailiff fees when enforcing either council tax, road traffic debts or magistrate court fines. Can you clarify that VAT was not charged?

Just received a letter from the council after trying to speak to someone all week !!

1st complained on 30th august ...should have had a reply within 14 days according to their complaints procedure .

letter dated 10th sept so has taken 16 days to be delivered !! mmm dont think so ! (no postmark on the envelope )

They state they wont let us pay direct to them as we no longer live in the area and the council does not have enforcement agents who can visit out of the area . They also state they cannot let us pay direct to them as it is being held and collected by Collectia . They have added fees and charges to the amount owing for the action that they have taken which you are liable to pay . Any payments should be made to Collectica so that it can be deducted from the amount you owe .