• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Collectica and Car tax fine - missed payments - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

just after some help if anyone is kind enough to give it:

my wife was caught on ANPR a few months ago driving with out road tax (she forgot to renew, was only 3 weeks out of date!)

and was sent a fine of £145.

As we are on a low income at present we made an agreement with the court to pay £5 a week back to pay the fine and costs etc which she did.

Got to around half way and our son was called into hospital for a vital operation

and she consequently forgot to pay the fine on the weeks she was in hospital.

We then, rather quickly got a letter from the court telling us that the fine was now in the hands of "collectica"

and that they would take over the fine from us.

My wife pleaded with the court to allow her to pay the balance off (we'd loaned some money from relatives £85.12) but they refused,

saying that Collectica would soon be in touch.

Weeks have gone by and no contact from them at all,

I realise that my wife should have contacted them but there you go!

Out of the blue, however, we have received a visit from the Bailiff and the fine has now gone from £85 to £385!!

As it happens my wife was at work at the time and I answered the door,

I told him that she would ring him when she returned.

She rang him and told him that she didn't get paid till the end of the month and that she'd have to discuss things then.

Now, at the end of the month she rang him, he wanted the total amount,

or he would visit again and take the value out of the house,

no compromises or otherwise!

My wife and I can neither afford or are willing to pay this new, inflated sum!

I have since spoken to both Collectica and the court and neither are willing to help,

enve spoke to the fines officer at the court and she has told me to write to Collectica about it.

we are on a very restricted budget and simply cannot afford this, what can we do?

any replies would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

You say you receieved a letter from the Court - was this a Final Steps Notice and did it ask that you bring the account up to date?

Have you received any letters from Collectica prior to their visit?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi there thanks for the reply,

Hand on heart, we received one letter and one letter only from the court

saying that the matter was now in the hands of Collectica and that they would be dealing with it from now on.

It was at this stage my wife rang them and asked them to take the payment in full (£85.12) and

they refused, stating that the fine was in Collectica's hands and they would deal with it.

Since then we have had NO communication from with either the court or Collectica

till the 18th of Aug when the Bailiff called with the "Removal order".

I rang the bailiff and he said that no payment scheme was acceptable

and that the "debt" needed to be settled in full within 3 days or they will visit and take goods.

Spoke to the court and the "fines officer" said that the debt was purely and completely in Collectica's hands

and that she had no power to do anything, she did, however advise me to write a letter to Collectica

to tell them of our circumstances (which I think will be a waste of time and paper tbh) and ask them to return the debt to the court.

Thanks

I'm concerned you appear not to have received the Further Steps Notice - this is a legal requirement. Also you should have received a Notice of Enforcement from Collectica inviting you to contact them to make an arrangement to pay. Dou you have any problems with your post?

I don't wish to pry but is there anyone within the household who is chronically sick or diisabled?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

our post is often slow (we live in a sleepy seaside town in Northumberland) but we usually get our letters eventually

but as, said, only the notice of transferral to Collectica is the only correspondence we have received

(aside from the hand delivered note from the Bailiff).

Our son was born with a congenital birth defect which means he cannot eat and needs to be peg fed,

we are in and out of hospital regularly which places an additional burden on our finances (which are already stretched tight by our IVA).

Infact, it was when my wife and I were in Hospital with our son for tow weeks that two of the weekly payment were missed and the trouble started.

THanks again for your kind help!

urm..I wonder if vulnerability status plays a part here?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

also whats this about an IVA?

start a thread in the general debt forum and tell us the story on that.

TBH that should be failed if you cannot afford to pay these priority debts

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

urm..I wonder if vulnerability status plays a part here?

Quite likely.

To the original poster - are you using your real name as user name, if so you will be easily identifiable. If necessary we can arrange a change of name for you.

It would appear from what you say that your family is classed as potentially vulnerable. Have you advised the Enforcement Agent & Company of this, it will also pay to inform the Court as well. To do this you will need to provide some form of proof of the issues you have. Also follow dx100's advice and start a new thread about your IVA.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, yes, it is my real name, how could I change it? Thanks so much for your help folks, it really means alot!

I will post about my IVA, although it's probably the same old story, couple have kids, realise they can't afford to pay all the bills with the reduced income they now have, panic and take the easiest route to avoid Bankruptcy!

There appears to be some confusion here. There is no procedure in place at the Magistrates Court that provides for them to write a letter to advise that the debt has been passed to an enforcement company (in this case Collectica Ltd). The only letter that the court can send is called a Further Steps Notice which is effectively a notice of default and advising the debtor (in this case your wife) that if payment is not made within a specified period (10 working days) that the court can take ONE OR MORE of the 'further steps' listed. One of this 'steps' is to authorise a 'Warrant of Control' to be sent to a firm of bailiffs and additional fees of up to £310 will become payable.

I am therefore concerned as to why such a letter would have been sent. Also, the court need to be asked WHY they failed to send a Further Steps Notice.

Of further concern is that when the new regulations were imposed on 6th April there is a legal requirement to send a Notice of Enforcement to he debtor giving a further period to pay BEFORE a personal visit is made.

Before going any further can you check whether your address is correctly recorded as this could explain why mail items had not been received.

Secondly...and most importantly, if evidence can be provided of 'vulnerability' all enforcement companies are encouraged to 'rewind' the account back to the Compliance Stage. This will mean that the enforcement fee of £235 should be removed. The Compliance fee of £75 will however remain.

The important word here is 'evidence'. Given what you have written above I am more than satisfied that 'vulnerability' can be established. I also assume that yur son has been awarded DLA. Can you past back asap as it would seem that Collectica Ltd need to be advised of the 'vulnerability' as soon as possible. Advice can be given as to how this can be done.

PS: I notice the mention of IVA. Are you under an IVA yourself? Is the IVA a joint one.

Hi, my wife caved in today and had to loan money from her mother to pay this fine as the bailiff has been round three times now. Yes, our son is on the Higher rate DLA and the IVA is joint between my wife and I. Spoke to Collectica about claiming the costs back as we are a vulnerable family and he poo pooed it, saying there was nothing that could be done now... Can something still be done as paying back this loan is going to be tough and I hate borrowing from family...