BankFodder BankFodder

jren

Calculating interest on unpaid rent

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2041 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi I am new to the forum and am looking for a little help.

I have a tenant who has basically stopped paying her rent.

After some abortive attempts to evict her I am nearly there but she has run up over £1000

in unpaid rent.

Can someone advise how I calculate interest on this unpaid debt as it is increasing every month so there is no specific date that the debt is incurred.

The only way I can think of is to treat each monthly payment as a separate debt and

add up the interest charges individually.

Will money claim online accept this as I don't want to jeopardize the claim by calimng the interest incorrectly.

Many thanks

Hi I am new to the forum and am looking for a little help.

I have a tenant who has basically stopped paying her rent.

After some abortive attempts to evict her I am nearly there but she has run up over £1000

in unpaid rent.

Can someone advise how I calculate interest on this unpaid debt as it is increasing every month so there is no specific date that the debt is incurred.

The only way I can think of is to treat each monthly payment as a separate debt and

add up the interest charges individually.

Will money claim online accept this as I don't want to jeopardize the claim by calimng the interest incorrectly.

The County Court Rate is set at 8% per annum on the amount claimed.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: