style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This sign has been placed so that we can have a mobile library, there seems to be something missing. Is it legal and enforcable?

Is there a marking on the road (such as a yellow line?) that sets a default prohibition eg 8am - 6pm Mon-Sat that will cover eg for Wednesday morning.

If so, it would appear valid to me. No one is then allowed to park on a Wednesday daytime to preserve the space for the Mobile Library, whose permit allows them to park from 1-5 p.m.

On other weekdays short term (1hr) parking, with no return within an hour, is permitted.

As a pedant, the "s" of "sat" ought to be in upper case to appear in the same style as the other days listed, but that wouldn't prevent the sign being valid.

Seems a very sensible and fair approach to me, with the sign compliant, provided the associated road marking is valid.

It appears that on a Wednesday, the only restriction is ML permit holders only between 1pm and 4pm - no restrictions before 1pm or after 4pm. Whereas on Monday & Tuesday and Thursday to Saturday, the restriction is 8am to 6pm, only 1 hr, no return within 1 hr.

It appears that on a Wednesday, the only restriction is ML permit holders only between 1pm and 4pm - no restrictions before 1pm or after 4pm. Whereas on Monday & Tuesday and Thursday to Saturday, the restriction is 8am to 6pm, only 1 hr, no return within 1 hr.

Unless there is a road marking setting a default prohibition.

See my post above.

I expect there will be at least a single yellow line +/- at least one yellow stripe on the kerb .....

I expect there will be at least a single yellow line +/- at least one yellow stripe on the kerb .....

As parking is permitted for 1hr Mon - Tue & Thur - Sat, I would expect there to be parking bays, as, according to the sign, parking there is restricted to permit holders only on a Wednesday between 1pm and 5pm and no restriction for the rest of the day

What would happen if I parked for 2 or three hours on a Wednesday morning?

You have to have a permit on Wednesday between the hours stated, so you'd get a PCN.

No he wouldn't. restricted hours are in the afternoon 1-5pm, so in the morning the bay is unrestricted