sewingkit

Help required - TKmaxx/Swapped price tags, 2 years ago, Police (?) and RLP Chargeback?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1847 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Everyone

Hi want to get some help for a close friend of mine who will I suspect follow this thread as a guest, i hope!

I have posted this as result of the monthly CAG email article about civil recovery, great news btw! Anyway....

Brief synopsis: 2 years ago, TKMAxx, swapped price tags, caught, taken in a room and police called (?),

they both went out of the room twice throughout the discussison, let off (we think), unsure if cautioned, could have been PCSO.

Banned, they took her mobile number and debit card details [removed] and RLP have been paid something like £250!!!

My friend needs to have an enhanced CRB check done for something and is obviously very worried.

This was a one off incident totally not in character for them in a moment at a time of great stress.

I have given my friend the chat about not being paranoid now about being followed

and they have have probably forgotten about it now, etc.

So, as result of this article and bunch of the threads in this section where I have this new eye opening knowledge!.

Firstly, we are trying to find out from the police exactly what happened at the time

and what was "archived" and what may come out on a CRB check,

this will hopefully let us know if it was a PCSO and they went over the 30 mins detainment,

the details if any.

What can we do, if anything, about the £250 that was paid to RLP?

Does anyone here have any accurate info about whether this can be charged back from her debit card (after 2 years)?

Does anyone have any accurate knowledge of enhanced CRB checks and what might be on it as result of this.

I know this may be difficult to comment on now as we need more info and the memory is a blur for my friend

and details sketchy of what was exactly said at the time?

Last thought, £250 for nothing taken, speechless!!!!

Thanks

Steve

Hi

If no police action was taken then nothing should appear on an enhanced CRB. Even if it did, a full and frank explanation can help.

The police should be able to clarify what details they hold (if any) but your friend could also get a copy of her CRB as well.

As for the money lost, I would put that one down to experience and forget it.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

hi Silver

Thanks for the prompt reply!

I did some research at the time into CRB (Now DBS) checks a

nd looking at it you cannot get an enhanced one as member of the public

https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check/overview

but you can get a basic one.

We will have to wait and see what record was held by the police I suppose

My intuition tells me that nothing will appear on one as the DBS guidelines state that whatever is recorded has to be relevant to the post applied for.

I doubt this would be tbh.

Yes, it sadly appears that ther £250 is lost but I will try and bottom that out for sure as it is a lot of money and there is the principle involved

Very doubtful youll be able to do anything about the money. Youve had 2 years to sort it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Very doubtful youll be able to do anything about the money. Youve had 2 years to sort it.

Yes, I think you might be right BUT i have only tonight realised who RLP are what they do. If I had known about this then, well it would have been a different story I can tell ya

Thats hindsight sadly :( rlp rrly on vulnerable people

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Little update

We are going to do a SAR to the local police after talking with a very helpful lady in their Data Protection department, that should get us what exactly at the time and indicate what might be on the DB Check

And I have sent a general query to the DBS service making an initial enquiry.

Lets see what happens

there will be nothing on a CRB check. An enhanced CRB willbe very unlikely to say anything either as there was no caution, nothing involving violence of anything to do with vulnerable people so unless it is a financial job there will be no possibility of it ever being a problem and if it is in the financial sector there is comeback if the record is untrue.