New DLA? Is This PIP?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2489 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I listened to an old (July 2013) recording I have of the Daily Politics on what I had logged down as being on PIP, but they kept on using the term New DLA, as well as PIP, and saying that it will be tougher than before. I couldn't tell if the people talking were just being sloppy in their language use or whether this was an accurate statement of the situation.

My situation is that I have just received a DLA form to fill in and am wondering if the assessment of this DLA form will be more rigorous than before (five years ago) and whether I should give attention to this to dot the i's and cross the t's more thoroughly.

And if it so, can anyone tell me how they may be more strict in the way they will assess the form this time so I can be more informed about what I'm facing?

If you have a dla form then it will be the same assessment as before with the same rules.

New dla is indeed PIP and will be assessed differently - it will take awards off some and increase awards for others - it is much more mental health friendly. However it is on a slow roll out and is only in certain areas. Any other areas are just doing standard dla reassessments.

If you're interested in PIP descriptors and points system, though it won't apply to you this time :

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales/benefits_w/benefits_sick_or_disabled_people_and_carers_ew/benefits_personal_independence_payment_e/benefits_the_pip_assessment_e/pip_activities_descriptors_and_points.htm

this has info and a link to the table of descriptors.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Thank you for that. When I got the form I rang DLA people to ask if a PIP form would also be following shortly and I was told no. I was also told that the full roll out or nationwide implementation of PIP would be from Oct 2015 but that it would be more likely that I would get the PIP form around 2 years after that.

I have long term depression problems so the fact that PIP is more favourable towards these conditions is promising but I have heard that they are looking to force people into therapy of some sort, though I forget the details of this.