Sparks_

Carrier bags

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1399 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Has anyone noticed if you use the self service tills in M&S you are expected to pay for them but if you use a manned till you dont? Is this really fair?

Could the Site Team remind all CAGGERS to take note of the site rules.

Posts have had to be removed.

Welcome to Consumer Action Group

'Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.'

Joshua J. Marine

1) CLAIM BACK ALL PENALTY CHARGES CLICK HERE

2) CLAIM BACK ALL MIS-SOLD PPI CLICK HERE

3) COMPOUNDED CONTRACTUAL INTEREST CLICK HERE

4) REQUEST CCA FROM CREDITOR CLICK HERE

5) OFT- UNENFORCEABLE AGREEMENTS CLICK HERE

6) CAREY V HSBC (2009) CLICK HERE

7) DON'T BE BULLIED BY CREDITORS / DCA's CLICK HERE

8) IN DEBT DON'T PANIC CLICK HERE

9) FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT CLICK HERE

10) SALE OF GOODS ACT-EDUCATE YOUR RETAILER CLICK HERE

11) DISTANCE SELLING-EDUCATE YOR RETAILERCLICK HERE

12) SOGA SUMMARY CLICK HERE

13) WHICH? TEMPLATES [/url]CLICK HERE

14) DOES YOU BANK TREAT YOU FAIRLY BCOBSCLICK HERE

15) EVERYTHING HOUSING CLICK HERE

16) UTILITY BACKBILLING CLICK HERE

17) OFGEM - COMPLAINTSCLICK HERE

18) OFCOM - COMPLAINTS CLICK HERE

DON'T GIVE UP, THIS SITE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH GUIDANCE AND EMPOWERMENT

Don't forget to donate to this site

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers

I refuse to pay for them and take my own.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Could the Site Team remind all CAGGERS to take note of the site rules.

what rule have I broken?

I refuse to pay for them and take my own.

I do as well, but yesterday I hadnt brought enough and noticed they were free at the manned till

None.

what rule have I broken?

'Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.'

Joshua J. Marine

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers

I do as well, but yesterday I hadnt brought enough and noticed they were free at the manned till

The small bags are free which you get at cashier tills, they have been charging for the normal size plastic bags at these tills for some time. You can't get the small free bags at the self service tills.

You can get all sorts of bags, it's a non-issue.

Joshua J. Marine

Those who don't take their own will be paying in most places from October. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27884278

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Maybe people can place orders with HM Prison Service, mail bags, canvass bag etc.

Joshua J. Marine

Just been in my local tesco and they have a sing up saying from 5th oct the bags will be 10p each !!!!!

Should be 5p

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Aldi do not give out bags, never have, so you either need to take your own or buy one

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Your bound to have people get to the checkout and refuse to pay for bags and just leaving the trolley load of goods and walking away..

If they had plain bags, then I would have no problem paying for them. Darned if I am going to be paying to do their advertising for them.

Not that I go shopping in Tesco or anywhere else for that matter (OH does the shopping) but we use our own bags - strangely enough, made from hundreds of carrier bags that have either been knitted or crocheted :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Your bound to have people get to the checkout and refuse to pay for bags and just leaving the trolley load of goods and walking away..

Yup sadly many I spoke to today still do not understand that the retailer WILL BE FINED for giving away bags (unless raw meat etc) and even then you ar enot allowed to put anything in with the raw meat and excluded products.

How are they going to stop the customer putting in other stuff in with the raw meat, after all the bag now belongs to the customer..

Another example of why this is imperfect legislation

If they had plain bags, then I would have no problem paying for them. Darned if I am going to be paying to do their advertising for them.

Not that I go shopping in Tesco or anywhere else for that matter (OH does the shopping) but we use our own bags - strangely enough, made from hundreds of carrier bags that have either been knitted or crocheted :)

That's what we do in Scotland where this has been the law for a year or two now. Everyone takes their own bag. It works just fine. At my local Sainsbury's, you can't get the disposable carrier bags at all any more - if you pay 5p you get a re-usable one that they say they'll replace when it wears out. They do advertise, though, which would be annoying but I've never actually needed to buy one.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

We've been paying for our bags in Wales for a while now, never seen anyone stupid enough to do that... Just take them with you or dig deep for the 5/10p and not make a scene because someone's following legislation. It's like rolling on the floor and having a strop because someone's asked for your ID before selling you alcohol/cigarettes.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

I don't understand why they have to use plastic anyway - I like the really strong recycled paper brown bags, that our farm shop uses. If you spend over a certain amount, I think it is £15.00, you don't have to pay for them.

If I buy dry goods, then I can re use the bags for storing potatoes and when they get too shabby I can put them in the compost heap.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I don't understand why they have to use plastic anyway - I like the really strong recycled paper brown bags, that our farm shop uses. If you spend over a certain amount, I think it is £15.00, you don't have to pay for them.

If I buy dry goods, then I can re use the bags for storing potatoes and when they get too shabby I can put them in the compost heap.

They're also excellent if you've a coal / log fire. Fill the shabby bag with coal and a few firelighters and then you can put the whole thing in the grate and light the paper without getting covered in splinters/coal dust.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.