BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Tiz Wurse Den Wonga... Mai Hert Iz Bruken       
    • Hi all, the company have just called me and offer me £500 to get myself a sat-nav...   So if admin team want to scratch this topic from the record, please feel free...   If not then thank you anyway 😃
    • use our search top right as you should be ... Lowell claimform   dx
    • Well I don't really want to go to court but I will go all the way no point in giving up now!!!
    • Hey everyone, I am hoping I can get some guidance with a car I recently purchased.   I have been looking around for a newer car and thought I would check out those internet car seller folks.   I found a car I liked and the description said it had all the things I wanted, so I paid the deposit, applied for finance, which I got, and opted for a PCP contract, paid my deposit and got my order confirmed. The car was delivered on Monday 1st June. First I must say that overall I am really very happy with the car, it is almost exactly what I wanted, I am delighted with the general condition, the way it drives and would not be too keen on letting it go if I have no need to do so.   So, the first thing, it was just under 700 miles over the quoted mileage, and I know that's not a lot. Still, that's not the point, the number is excessive, considering the place it came from is only about 200 miles from me. I have spoken to them about the mileage. They said it was a clerical error, which I do not believe, they have however agreed to refund me for 400 miles, which I decided to accept as I figured at least they have agreed to pay for just over half of the miles and did not want to be too unreasonable about it.   The second thing, and this is the one that is really the stumbling block. The cars headline said: 'FORD FIESTA HATCHBACK 1.0 EcoBoost 125 Titanium X Navigation 3dr'. Though the full advert is no longer visible, part of it still is, https://www.buyacar.co.uk/ford/fiesta/fiesta-hatchback/1-0-ecoboost-125-titanium-x-navigation-3dr-73955 and this is the car I bought.   So after checking it over upon delivery, and going around it with the delivery chap, all looked fine, and I decided a little drive was in order.   So off I went to put some fuel in, and while at the fuel station figured I would check out the sat-nav and this is where the problem is, there is no sat-nav. I checked the book, there is no slot for the navigation sd card, no button to turn on the nav, aka, no nav, none.   So I emailed them, and the response I got was: 'Thank you for your email, and I am sorry to hear you are not fully happy with your new purchase. This vehicle was not advertised with Sat Nav, so I am unsure where you feel you read the description you have provided?' ... ... 'In regards to the description of the vehicle, I have checked this on the order form, and the finance documents that were both sent to you and signed and the description of the vehicles reads as FORD FIESTA 1.0 TITANIUM X 3d 124 BHP hatchback.'   So I have pointed out the fact that there was not only a headline stating that the car was Navigation version but further, down the page, there was also a mention of it.   I also said to them, despite me signing said documents, I felt no need to recheck it because the wording navigation appeared several times in the advert which was enough for me to accept it was a version with navigation.   I also said, the order form nor the finance documents also make no mention of other stuff either like climate control, automatic folding mirrors, infact they do no mention any features, only that it is a FORD FIESTA 1.0 TITANIUM X 3d 124 BHP hatchback, so I have refused to accept this as an excuse and an attempt to lay the blame for this mistake at my feet. I honestly thought I was purchasing a car with sat-nav, based on the information provided by them.   I am awaiting a call from them but they have so far today failed to get in touch so figure I would use this waiting time to ask some of the more experienced members about their thoughts on where I stand with this.   Am I in a position for example to ask that they fit sat-nav? If they ask for the car back and put me in a position with no car again how does this work out? Am I flogging a dead horse?   Any advice please would be very much appreciate.   Thanks all.
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2108 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

From another forum but really worth repeating here.

No one wants to take responsibility for the appalling cover-up of the sexual abuse of kids. On Sky News this morning the big boss of Doctor Barnardo's, Javed Khan, refused point blank to condemn anyone or say if anyone should either resign or be disciplined.

In my eyes, this refusal makes him as guilty of the crimes as those that did it, covered it up or shoved it under the carpet. Perhaps it's he who should resign.

I do agree with what some of the papers are saying that Political Correctness played a big part in the inaction or failure to act. How many of us are scared out of our wits to say anything against an immigrant or any foreigner for that matter, as we will automatically be classed as racist.

It's time this political correctness cr@p ended and we were able to call a spade a spade.

Link

I agree that someone does need to take responsibility for this, Conniff - sadly the culture of today is to make incredible mistakes - mutter "lessons will be learned" and for those at the top of the tree to be promoted, or given handsome farewell packages !

If it is true that this disgraceful situation arose because of "political correctness" then it is almost certain that lessons will NOT be learned.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I agree that someone does need to take responsibility for this, Conniff - sadly the culture of today is to make incredible mistakes - mutter "lessons will be learned" and for those at the top of the tree to be promoted, or given handsome farewell packages !

If it is true that this disgraceful situation arose because of "political correctness" then it is almost certain that lessons will NOT be learned.

Going back to when this horrendous scenario first appeared I don't think there is any doubt that "the minds" of those in authority were closed due to "political stupidity".

I seem to remember some pretty foul comments about white females and an "excuse" that the behaviour of the abusers "is part of their culture".

The refusal of Khan to acknowledge any responsibility is a disgrace, one wonders what pressures are upon him to take this stance.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I actually watched it, Homles had a right go at him, he asked him several times in a determined fashion, 'do you think such and such should resign?' some might argue that Holmes went to far, Khan represents an organisation, so maybe he can not comment on behalf of the organisation without a press release, but could he comment personally? Homles had a government minister who he was going to interview but point blankly refused to comment on the matter, we were informed of this before Khan was interviewed.

https://twitter.com/EamonnHolmes

To be honest they should bring back 'Transportation', I'm sure land can be found somewhere.

I actually watched it, Homles had a right go at him, he asked him several times in a determined fashion, 'do you think such and such should resign?' some might argue that Holmes went to far, Khan represents an organisation, so maybe he can not comment on behalf of the organisation without a press release, but could he comment personally? Homles had a government minister who he was going to interview but point blankly refused to comment on the matter, we were informed of this before Khan was interviewed.

https://twitter.com/EamonnHolmes

To be honest they should bring back 'Transportation', I'm sure land can be found somewhere.

#

#Anywhere with a distinct chance of contracting Ebola???

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

That's too pleasant, I was thinking the Sahara, they tell me it's nice and warm 24/7, 365, oh they get snakes to boot.

#

#Anywhere with a distinct chance of contracting Ebola???

That's too pleasant, I was thinking the Sahara, they tell me it's nice and warm 24/7, 365, oh they get snakes to boot.

Bl**dy Freezing at night too.