• Tweets

• My bad. For some reason rather I thought it was the claim form. My site team colleague above is absolutely correct. Please will you post up a copy of the letter of claim here. Also, as I've already asked – how are you getting on with your own inspections and assessments?
    • as long as it says our client xyz on it...you must respond within 30days.   as for the contracts, the claimform POC when/if one ever gets raised through northants bulk must detail all the contracts concerned in the claim.   just because a scary letter of claim has been raised, that does not 100% guarantee a claim will be raised by their client.
    • Thanks. So effectively you paid by cash. Please follow the link to understand your position when you pay by cash or you paid by bank transfer for a used car or anything else. Of course it's a bit late now – but you should bear in mind in the future and other people who visit this thread will also benefit. The dealer says that you were provided with a copy of the warranty. I think it would be worth asking the dealer the date upon which this warranty was emailed to you. In the meantime, your statutory rights will help you to the extent that you are entitled to buy an item – even a second hand car – which is of satisfactory quality and remain that way for a reasonable period of time. What is "satisfactory quality" depends on all of the circumstances of the transaction. Although this car was very cheap, it was comparatively low mileage for a car of that age. It seems to me that for it to pack up so seriously after only about eight months of ownership and only 200 miles or so, that it was not satisfactory quality. You have had some benefit from it. Even though you only drove for 200 miles or so, that was your choice and you could have driven it more if you had wanted – even though this might have meant that the gearbox would have packed up earlier – but you will never know. We will say that you have had eight months of benefit from it.  This means that you wouldn't be entitled to recover 100% of the purchase price. You would be entitled to recover a reduced sum to reflect the use you have had from the car. If we say that a car of that value/age/mileage should normally have lasted you for, say, three years without any serious defects emerging, then we can say that you have probably had something like about 30% of the use. This would suggest that you would be entitled to recover about 65% or so of the purchase price. In principle this would mean that you might be justified in thinking about claiming about £1700. Of course we don't know what the warranty says. Whether it really does exclude work on automatic gearboxes. The reason it will be interesting to see the warranty and to understand what it provided for is that there is an outside chance that instead of relying on your statutory rights, we might be able to say that as you didn't know what the warranty was about, you were reasonable in assuming that it covered automatic gearboxes. Did you pay an additional sum for the warranty? Or was it part of the deal? I think we need to know more about the cost of repairs to understand whether a repair would cost less than £1700 in which case it might be worthwhile claiming for that – or whether a repair would cost more than £1700 in which case it would make economic sense to recover the £1700 and then move on. So I think that we need to understand when was the warranty apparently sent to you? We need to see the warranty. We need to understand what the cost of repairing the vehicle might be.  
    • With only 12% of Tesco Bank current accounts used as primary accounts, the organisation will discontinue this service from 30 November 2021View the full article
  • Our picks

Feel I've been mis sold Macbook Pro

plkinsey

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,I wonder if anyone could advise me please?

On Thursday, I purchased a MacBook Pro from PC World.

I inspected the display models, and saw one I liked. It was £100 more for the retina display model, and didn't really feel it was worth paying the extra, so paid £899 for the non retina display model.

When I took it home, I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but for some reason, I didn't like it as much.

I passed by another PC world branch on Saturday, and decided to pop in.

The retina model, is considerably thinner than my version, and also, my version is a 2012, the retina is 2014, now I feel that I purchased the machine. based on the display model. I asked in that store if I could exchange it, and pay the extra, but was told NO as I'd used it.

Do you think I have grounds for exchange, as I feel, the display model was not indicitive of what I was actually buying?

Many thanks in advance.

PLK

So was there a display model of the one you purchased? Or did you look at the display model for a different model and base your purchase on that without asking to see the one you were actually buying?

If you didn't actually check a display model for the one you wanted to purchase then I don't think you have much legal right to return it.

From the sounds of things, the display model wasn't the same as the model you were actually buying, so I'm not sure how you expect it to be indicative of something different.

Basically,I looked at the display model, which was advertised at £899, there was no other model, but on the price sheet, it showed the upgraded model.

As far as I was concerned, I was buying the one on display

Ok, I'm a bit confused here.

First of all, what was the model you physically looked at in the store? The Retina display model? Or the non-retina/older model?

The spec sheet attached to that. Was it the spec sheet for the retina model? Or the non-retina model?

There was a retina model on display, at £899, there clearly was a difference between the retina model and non retina model.

It wasn't made clear to the OP that there was indeed a difference or the OP made an assumption, the OP purchased the non retina model.

The retailer should of made it clear what the OP was buying, Sales, display, POS etc.

Yes basically, I was told the only difference was the retina display, which I could live with. I was not informed that the cheaper one (which was not displayed, just had spec sheet) was indeed an older, and thicker machine.

Send the following amended template, send it Recorded Delivery.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/action/letter-to-get-a-refund-if-your-item-is-faulty-

Contact your Card Provider, ask to carry out a Chargeback, amend and send the following template Recorded Delivery.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/action/letter-to-make-a-chargeback-claim-

You will need to stop using it and restore it to it's factory restate.

Ok, yes that's a bit different if they told you the only difference was the quality of the display. If the appearance/specification is different beyond that though then they should accept the return as mis-described/mis-sold.

From your original post it wasn't clear if you spoke to anyone, it read to me like you just assumed that would be the case and went ahead with the purchase without checking.