• Tweets

• Do you think I should send the CCA request now then instead of waiting? I really can do without the stress. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you for responding.
    • How was the "receiver" appointed and what is their role? Appointed by the lender under the terms of their security on the loan (sometimes referred to as "LPA Receiver")? Or are they acting for you in insolveny? What's the current role of the agent?
    • Wait for more replies, but that letter to me can be interpreted as a letter before action. Ignoring it can have consequences. The court to impose sanctions for failure in responding to a letter of claim.
    • I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

First Plus Mortgage - **PPI WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I logged on to a web site regarding the mis selling of PPI insurance and entered in my details. The company called me back some two days ago and said that I have an excellent chance of claiming the PPI contributions back.

They did some calculations and said that I would get £6,200 pound back, and save £8400 in future interest payments thats with them taking back 25% and the additional cost of £200 which is on a no win no fee basis. After mulling it over I have decided that I am going to do it myself, it cant be that hard (she says).

I am at the end of my five years and First Plus stated that at the end of my five years which will be in November this year I will be entitled to a cash back sum of £5,000. If the company could get me back £6,200 (after their 25%) then there is something not right isnt there.

The details of the loan are as follows:

Amount of Advance £21,000.00

Optional Payment protection premium £4,185.30

(Although I was told if I did not have this

Then I might not get the loan.

Total Loan amount £25,185.30

Monthly interest rate 0.716%

APR 8.9%

Estimates monthly repayments 300

monthly repayment £204.36

The monthly repayments has since gone up to £234.00

And the loan was taken out 26/11/04

Please help what is my first stage?

Thanks

2me2u2

Hello All,

I logged on to a web site regarding the mis selling of PPI insurance and entered in my details. The company called me back some two days ago and said that I have an excellent chance of claiming the PPI contributions back.

They did some calculations and said that I would get £6,200 pound back, and save £8400 in future interest payments thats with them taking back 25% and the additional cost of £200 which is on a no win no fee basis. After mulling it over I have decided that I am going to do it myself, it cant be that hard (she says).

I am at the end of my five years and First Plus stated that at the end of my five years which will be in November this year I will be entitled to a cash back sum of £5,000. If the company could get me back £6,200 (after their 25%) then there is something not right isnt there.

The details of the loan are as follows:

Amount of Advance £21,000.00

Optional Payment protection premium £4,185.30

(Although I was told if I did not have this

Then I might not get the loan.

Total Loan amount £25,185.30

Monthly interest rate 0.716%

APR 8.9%

Estimates monthly repayments 300

monthly repayment £204.36

The monthly repayments has since gone up to £234.00

And the loan was taken out 26/11/04

Please help what is my first stage?

First stage is do not use a reclaim company you will pay upfront and also have to pay 20% of your settlement. If you use CAG you can get assistance claim back yourself with no upfront fee and no percentage of any settlement that is agreed to.

There have been instances of people putting up a deposit never to hear from the company again :eek:

Firstly read up and get the information on the mis-selling of PPI.

there are links in the stickies at the top of the forum which should help. Some are containing more links on the subject of PPI, complaints to the regulatory bodies, advice from law companies etc.

Here are a couple to get you started.

PPI - Some Notes for Claimants..

Mis-sold PPI? Want your money back? use these links to help

Once you are ready to proceed post up and the next step would IMO be to send a Subject Access Request.

There is more on SAR in the stickies but please post up before you send one off.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Okay not a good start.

Should I send off my subject access form first or my prelim letter???

anxious to get this ball rolling as I would like it in time for christmas.

2me2u2

Okay not a good start.

Should I send off my subject access form first or my prelim letter???

anxious to get this ball rolling as I would like it in time for christmas.

2me2u2

Yes I was successful and recovered over £10k

you should start with a Subject Access Request fee £10 template letters here......Full SAR for ppi

and also here....Data Protection Act 1998 - Subject Access Request

You can be specific with what data you request although the Subject Access Request is really asking for everything. The Statutory fee is £10.00 Postal Order is fine but keep the details of the number for future reference. The post office will be able to confirm when it was encashed (just call 01246 542091 they will even send written confirmation if you request it) Send all correspondence by at least recorded to be signed for so you can track delivery through Royal Mail

You should request the following documents:

A true copy of your Consumer Credit Agreement with the Terms and Conditions that were applicable at the time you took the loan/card/mortgage.

Copies of all statements applicable to the loan/card/mortgage.

Copies of all correspondence that apply to you as a data subject ie letters, emails, faxes etc.

Copies of all recorded telephone calls or transcripts of the recordings.

Copies of any notes made by bank/loan company staff in their dealings with you as a data subject.

Do not be fobbed off by them citing issues such as relevant filing systems.

If they have any records/data on you as a data subject and it is held under your name, address, post code, account number/s or any other system where the data is identifiable to you then it is a relevant filing system. Even if it is a specific serial number on microfiche records and the serial number is applicable to you.

Please see also this

THIS LINK IS IMPORTANT TO YOU ON RECLAIMING IT IS FROM 2001 FROM THE FOS

loan payment protection insurance and a quote from this link...

Quote:

When determining whether a policy is suitable, a seller – whether a lender or an agent for the insurer – must obviously take into consideration any information the prospective policyholder volunteers. However, we do not consider the seller’s duty is limited simply to recording what the borrower discloses. It is only by asking questions that the seller can properly determine suitability. These questions cannot cover every aspect of a borrower’s personal position and should not be expected to do so. To paraphrase the ABI Statement, only those matters deemed to be relevant by the insurer should be the subject of questions.

For legal issues relating to Data Protection check this link...Lots of very useful info in understandable terms.

Data Protection | OUT-LAW.COM

it includes the following and much much more

Negotiating with the Data Subject (This should be important to Banks)

At this stage, it is advisable to negotiate with the data subject. The location information the data subject will have already given will give a clue as to what it is the data subject really wants to have information about. The benefit of the Data Protection Act 1998 is that it allows data controllers to negotiate with data subjects to get the data subject to specify the exact information he or she wishes to receive.

The data controller is entitled to ask for a fee of £10 and two further pieces of information. Firstly, the data controller must satisfy himself that the person making the request is, in fact, the data subject. The use of a subject access request form is advised, since the greatest breach of a data controller's security is for the data controller to satisfy a subject access request made by a person impersonating the data subject. The use of the form goes towards proving that the data controller has adequate identification and verification procedures in place. Secondly, the data controller is entitled to ask the data subject for further information to enable the data controller to locate the information which that person seeks.

When the last of these three pieces of information has been obtained, the forty day period starts to run. It is advisable to put procedures in place to ensure that the receipt of the request and the further information is correctly dated so that an organisation knows how long it has to satisfy the subject access request.

However, if the data subject is adamant that he or she wishes to receive a copy of everything the data controller holds on him or her, then there is very little the data controller can do about this, and a completely exhaustive search of the computerised and manually held data in the organisation will be required. (nice to know what you see in the Act is what you get)

The above is included in earlier links provided.

aa

Edited by alanalana
editing
  • Haha 1

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

We received an incomplete SAR response from First Plus and are waiting for our complaint to work its way through the ICO, but will hope to start the reclaiming process soon.

Best wishes.

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 1 month later...
aa

Thank you once again for your help, Going to send it off tomorrow.

Once again thank you so much

2me2u2

Any update on this you should see the latest news.

Two more links on the Financial Services Authority instructing the financial industry to review rejected PPI claims.

FSA demands firms re-open 185,000 rejected PPI complaints - IFAonline

FSA unveils tough measures to protect PPI consumers

Posted up by citizenB and cerberusalert. Thank you

and on the same subject more links from Pompeyfaith

BBC NEWS | Business | FSA orders insurance compensation

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/...09/09_23.shtml

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again everyone,

Okay I requested my SARs in August but didnt get it. So I asked for it again and still no answer. Anyway as I had a copy of the original loan agreement I decided to proceed with it anyway. I sent a letter in August asking for a refund in my PPI (the amount shown above) and was told that they were looking into it and I should recieve a reply before the 28th September (Surprise surprise) no response came. I then sent another letter requesting a refund and still no response.

Angry, I called the person yesterday who said that she would get back to me and was told that I would have to wait 8 weeks for them to investigate the matter. I informed her that the 8 weeks were up that day (yesterday).

Imagine my frustration this morning when I recieved a letter stating that they are waiting to download the original phone made in 2004 and that I should receive a reply by the 20th November 2009 that will make it twelve weeks in total. Two months to date to download a phone call!!!

I am even more angry because when I took the original loan out I was told that if I had not made a claim I would be reinbursed £5,000, I have now been told that since I had missed a few payments (even though I am paying off the arrears at £40.00 per month) I am not entitled to receive the £5,000 even if I bring the account up to date, surely this is wrong.

Please please help!!!!

2me2u2

Hi,

Ahh A First Plus PPI with Cashback single premium policy.. I have had a lot of dealings with this outfit and their policies. I got stung with one of these via a subsiduary company of GE Money (ring any bells..lol)

The Cashback option is a pure rip off too, as you have stated that you have missed a couple of loan payments you will not recieve the cashback at the end of the 5 years. This is in the terms and conditions of the Cashback, another sneaky one in their Cashback is that you have to claim the cashback within a certain time after the 5 years is up, I think it is 30 days or so..they put that in and hope that you fail to claim it within time.

As you stated you were told at the time of the loan application that the loan would not be given without the PPI, I think that should be your main issue, PPI cannot be made a condition of the loan, it should be optional.

Good luck and if you need any help just ask..

Ian

• Haha 1

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Hi,

Ahh A First Plus PPI with Cashback single premium policy.. I have had a lot of dealings with this outfit and their policies. I got stung with one of these via a subsiduary company of GE Money (ring any bells..lol)

The Cashback option is a pure rip off too, as you have stated that you have missed a couple of loan payments you will not recieve the cashback at the end of the 5 years. This is in the terms and conditions of the Cashback, another sneaky one in their Cashback is that you have to claim the cashback within a certain time after the 5 years is up, I think it is 30 days or so..they put that in and hope that you fail to claim it within time.

As you stated you were told at the time of the loan application that the loan would not be given without the PPI, I think that should be your main issue, PPI cannot be made a condition of the loan, it should be optional.

Good luck and if you need any help just ask..

Ian

Thank you for your response I cant believe that I was conned into it but at the time I was desperate and now surprise surprise I recieved a letter this morning stating that my PPI has now run out and I will have to make my own arrangements!!!

Question is it normal to have to wait nearly three months for them to download a telephone call??

I find that to be a long time???

2me2u2

Thank you for your response I cant believe that I was conned into it but at the time I was desperate and now surprise surprise I recieved a letter this morning stating that my PPI has now run out and I will have to make my own arrangements!!!

Question is it normal to have to wait nearly three months for them to download a telephone call??

I find that to be a long time???

2me2u2

Did you submit a SAR to them ? If so they have to provide the information within 30 Days (if my memory is correct), as they have failed to I would remind them of their obligations under the Data Protection Act 1980 and I would also put in a Complaint to the ICO regarding the with holding of Information.

Ian

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Hello again everyone,

Okay I requested my SARs in August but didnt get it. So I asked for it again and still no answer. Anyway as I had a copy of the original loan agreement I decided to proceed with it anyway. I sent a letter in August asking for a refund in my PPI (the amount shown above) and was told that they were looking into it and I should recieve a reply before the 28th September (Surprise surprise) no response came. I then sent another letter requesting a refund and still no response.

Angry, I called the person yesterday who said that she would get back to me and was told that I would have to wait 8 weeks for them to investigate the matter. I informed her that the 8 weeks were up that day (yesterday).

Imagine my frustration this morning when I recieved a letter stating that they are waiting to download the original phone made in 2004 and that I should receive a reply by the 20th November 2009 that will make it twelve weeks in total. Two months to date to download a phone call!!!

I am even more angry because when I took the original loan out I was told that if I had not made a claim I would be reinbursed £5,000, I have now been told that since I had missed a few payments (even though I am paying off the arrears at £40.00 per month) I am not entitled to receive the £5,000 even if I bring the account up to date, surely this is wrong.

Please please help!!!!

2me2u2

First plus are taking the mickey.

From the date they received your SAR with the appropriate £10.00 fee they had 40 calendar days to provide you with all the data applicable to you as a Data subject.

Timescales now exceeded by a wide margin :eek:

Deal with them only in writing, keep copies of all correspondence and the next step is to submit a formal complaint to the Information Commissioners Office about their failure to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 which is a legal statute that they are bound by law to adhere to.

Send the ICO copies of all correspondence both ways..

ICO information in here...Complaints - Information Commissioners Office

They now state the PPI has run out!! if the loan is still active and they have cancelled your cover without you making any claim on the PPI then this is even more evidence of mis-selling.

I would also start to claim your money back by submitting a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.....our complaints procedure and how to complain

Please also read the stickies at the top of the forum they should assist.

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Please have a look at this link posted by angrycat.

FTAdviser.com - The FSA has made a dog's dinner of PPI

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

• 1 month later...

Hello all its me again!!!

Okay First Plus have agreed to repay me the ppi insurance of £4,185.30 and approximetely £1950 in interest, but one the other hand they are adding that back on to my loan, so I am still in dispuite over the amount they owe me.

However, they have also said that they are just going to knock it off the loan amount so therefore I will owe less, I dont want that I want a cheque with my refund is that possible???

Please help I was relying on that money for Christmas

2me2u2

Hi,

The refund for the Mis-Sold PPI is your money, you have the right to choose how you want to use the refund, Ie Cash or go to lower your outstanding loan. Lloyds tried that line with me and surprise surprise they ended up sending me the refund by cheque.

One thing to check with them is how they have calculated out the interest owed to you for the PPI, No doubt the APR on your loan will be variable.

Ian