Offer from Toyota Dealer **Resolved**

greigster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last week I went to my local Toyota dealer for a test drive of a new car.

I was given a written quote that included a Toyota (not dealer) contribution of £2000 towards the finance, on which it states the quote is valid for 14 days. I have decided to go ahead with the deal but now the dealer has informed me that the Toyota contribution has been withdrawn nationwide, even though I am only 7 days into the 14 day "valid" period.

I appreciate that the dealers hands are tied if Toyota has withdrawn the offer, but surely Toyota have some sort of obligation to honour the offer whilst still within the 14 day valid period?

Thanks for any advice.

They certainly have.

This was the main reason that drew you into signing and now it has gone. You can either take the car and claim the discount or pull out of the deal citing the reason.

Thank you for that. Just to add that I have not signed anything at this stage, the quote says it is valid for 14 days. I was under the impression that the deal was available for 14 days for me to decide whether or not to buy the car.

I can see that Toyota can change deals but surely they still have to honour quotes in the pipeline and any changes to their offers should not apply to those that have been given a quotation.

Hi greigster

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened (contribution of £2000 offer), how they have let you down (you want to take up offer, they have withdrawn it - dealer states it's no longer available) and what you want them to do (honor the contribution of £2000 offer as a goodwill gesture).

Send it to:-

Mr Matt Harrison

Managing Director

Toyota UK

[email protected]

Let us know what he says.

Thanks rebel11.

I have been dealing with the sales manager of my local Toyota dealer and as I said his hands could well be tied, but it is a family run dealer and when I have purchased Toyota`s in the past, the MD of the dealer has always written to me to make sure I have been satisfied with the service.

I will contact him on Tuesday (due to bank hols) and see if he is able to override the system. Failing that, I will take your advice and complain direct to MD Toyota.

Will do.

My post has now been allowed over on the Toyota Owners Club. The reply over there has been that, Quote:-

"Terms and conditions apply. Other finance offers are available but cannot be used in conjunction with this offer. Indemnities may be required. Finance subject to status to over 18s only. Subject to availability. Prices correct at time of going to press & include VAT, delivery charge, number plates, 1 years road fund licence and £55 registration fee. Toyota Centres are independent of Toyota Financial Services."

Although the above is not on my written quotation.

Hi greigster

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened (contribution of £2000 offer), how they have let you down (you want to take up offer, they have withdrawn it - dealer states it's no longer available) and what you want them to do (honor the contribution of £2000 offer as a goodwill gesture).

Send it to:-

Mr Matt Harrison

Managing Director

Toyota UK

[email protected]

Let us know what he says.

This won't be as a 'gesture of goodwill'. They offered an incentive and it is that incentive that brought the customer in, no other, so they can't just withdraw it saying it is no longer available.

To advertise an offer no longer available would be gaining advantage by false advertising.

If it comes from Toyota, it will be a 'goodwill gesture'. The 'Dealer' offered the 14 day trial, they also offered the £2,000 contribution from Toyota. Toyota have since withdrawn the offer.

It would be interesting to see the actual trial doc's, etc.

This won't be as a 'gesture of goodwill'. They offered an incentive and it is that incentive that brought the customer in, no other, so they can't just withdraw it saying it is no longer available.

To advertise an offer no longer available would be gaining advantage by false advertising.

If it comes from Toyota, it will be a 'goodwill gesture'. The 'Dealer' offered the 14 day trial, they also offered the £2,000 contribution from Toyota. Toyota have since withdrawn the offer.

It would be interesting to see the actual trial doc's, etc.

Agreed, this is the selling dealer not pulling the offer quick enough knowing the offer had ended. I believe the seller to be responsible for the aforementioned reason, not Toyota.

But whoever, the op is entitled to the discount as that was offered and that is what persuaded him to buy.

At the time of the test drive, the offer was in force and I was quoted on that basis. The quotation set out the details of the offer and states that the quotation including the Toyota contribution of £2000 towards finance was valid for 14 days. After 7 days, we decided to go ahead with the purchase but was informed that Toyota had withdrawn the £2000 offer the day before, i.e. 6 days into the 14 day valid period.

So the dealer, understandably, cannot offer that deal due to the fact that Toyota will not subsidise with the £2000 towards the finance.

I have spoken to the MD of the dealer, who happens to have a meeting with Toyota later today (not due to my problems) and has said he will discuss my case with them and get back to me.

I asked the question above on the Toyota UK Facebook page and I received a reply asking me to contact their customer relations department but strangely, the question was removed from Facebook within 24 hours.

At the time of the test drive, the offer was in force and I was quoted on that basis. The quotation set out the details of the offer and states that the quotation including the Toyota contribution of £2000 towards finance was valid for 14 days. After 7 days, we decided to go ahead with the purchase but was informed that Toyota had withdrawn the £2000 offer the day before, i.e. 6 days into the 14 day valid period.

So the dealer, understandably, cannot offer that deal due to the fact that Toyota will not subsidise with the £2000 towards the finance.

I have spoken to the MD of the dealer, who happens to have a meeting with Toyota later today (not due to my problems) and has said he will discuss my case with them and get back to me.

That puts a completely different slant on things and in my opinion "is the offer still on" should have been the first question asked when you returned. Personally I think you are entitled but Toyota (and it's salesmen), do have a lot of leeway on the final selling price so I hope you get it.

This was pressure selling at it's worse, an attempt to make you say yes there and then which is unlawful, so claim your £2,000 and tell him you will not report him.

The Toyota contribution (£2,000) should not have been included in the quotation as the dealer had no control over the offer, which is run by Toyota.

Assuming that the dealiership is an authorised dealership, then they would be offering the discount on the instruction of toyota and they are obliged to do so under their dealiership agreement. manufacturers very much pull the strings of the dealerships regarding offers and promo's.

It is easier to enter a rich man than for a camel to pass a needle

MD of my local Toyota dealer has spoken to Toyota and they have agreed to allow me to have the withdrawn deal.

Went down this afternoon and signed up. Should go through tomorrow. Odd thing is the Auris in the showroom is still emblazoned with the no longer available "offer"

Thanks for everyone's help and advice.