Wonga Identification check on Credit report - why???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could be part of the new thing they have been told to do regarding compensation for the people they lied to.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Email or write to them and ask why - do not telephone them.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It will be part of the compensation thing, they must have searched me as well to find my new address but the search isn't showing on my file mind you.

That is correct, there's been 100s if not thousands of such checks, only thing you see is the alert, no one else can see anything.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks all for your responses' date=' I just thought it was odd as I'd heard nothing since 2010 when I had the loan and haven't been in touch since.[/quote']

It's nothing to worry about!!

Dis you ever receive one of the " solicitors" letters?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

No letters of any kind as the loan was repaid on time?

Good grief Wong are being thorough!!

• 5 weeks later...

Quick update.

I raised a complaint to Wonga via email, they acknowledged by return, sending me an automated reply saying they'd investigate and respond within 7 days. Despite this being a month ago, i've received nothing else. Is this standard procedure that they don't bother investigating?

Also, I raised a dispute with Noddle, the id check has now dropped off and/or disappeared from my credit file? I find it odd Wonga would deal with the credit agency but not tell me anything why they placed it in the first place?!

I think you emailed them didn't you ? Did you head it FORMAL COMPLAINT ? Did you obtain a read receipt ?

IMHO, I would either send them another email or send a letter using tracked mail to their head office. If you raise a formal complaint, they should respond asap with an acknowledgment and the complaint should take no longer than 8 weeks to deal with - after which you can then escalate to the ombudsman.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Citizen B,

Thanks for the quick response.

I did email the complaint to the mailbox detailed on their website. The acknowledgement is copied in below. the Customer Complaint procedures they sent me clearly states complaints can be made by email also.

As far as I can see, they've had 4 weeks of the 8 allowed for FOS to investigate? I'm just a bit surprised considering the FCA giving them a shoeing a while back, they've decided not to properly investigate?

"Thanks for your email on 24/08/2014. Our escalations team is looking in to this matter.

We’ll do our best to resolve it asap and we’ll send you an update within 7 days of receiving your email.

A copy of our complaints policy is attached. This includes useful information on how we deal with complaints.

If you want to speak to us directly about this, please don’t hesitate to call 0207 138 8330.

Yours sincerely,

Escalations Team

Wonga.com"

If you marked it formal complaint then they have 8 weeks. Wonga use the 7 day thing simply to acknowledge your complaint. Nothing more.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 4 weeks later...

So, the 56 days has expired with no explanation from the company. That said, the marker has been removed? Noddle can't provide any additional reason why, just referred me back to Wonga?

All seems a bit odd? I know Wonga are under the cosh at the mo from the regulator but is this standard treatment from the company?

I would send them a gentle reminder - you have a complaint in with them that should have been dealt with by now.

Either they respond to the issues in your complaint or provide you with a final response letter which you can provide the Financial Ombudsman to enable the escalation of your complaint.

BCOBS

I would send them a gentle reminder - you have a complaint in with them that should have been dealt with by now.

Either they respond to the issues in your complaint or provide you with a final response letter which you can provide the Financial Ombudsman to enable the escalation of your complaint.

Noddle is slow it receives it's data " 2nd hand" provided by its parent company Call Credit.