Harlands/CRS **WITHDRAW COURT CLAIM**

Federalez
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Fed,

I suggest you fire off the defence now, post a copy of it here, and keep us informed of further events.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry - the above information was based upon a conversation with MCOL this afternoon.

I've issued the defence:

"Please see the defence to the above resissued claim:

The claim is denied.

The claimant has not supplied an account dated 16/08/2014 detailing the amount claimed."

Cheers

looks like I'll have all this to come :-( and my mother. good luck federalez! sure makes for interesting reading, can't believe how long this has taken you and how much it must have cost them. utterly ridiculous, wonder how they're still in business wasting money like this.

• 1 month later...

Hi Crunchy

Good luck in whatever engagements you have with Harlands.

Guys - I have no idea what happened with the county court claim made against me, but after the submission of the latest defence I have received an offer of settlement.

The current "balance" is set at 386.33, which they've kindly offered settlement at £193.17.

Does this mean that Spratt Endicott / Harlands / CRS have chosen not to pursue the county court claim? How do you think I should proceed?

Cheers

You ignore them

File your claim fleecers or go away

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Fed,

Who made the offer and exactly what did they say.

I assume you have not heard anything from the court since your defence was filed but please confirm.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Slick,

The letter of offer was from Spratt Endicott. As below:

"SETTLEMENT OFFER - £193.17 - WITHOUT PREJUDICE

We refer to the above names matter and to recent legal proceedings and your defence submitted in this matter.

Our client is willing to accept a reduced settlement figure of £193.17 in order to draw this matter to a close. If you cannot pay immediately, we can arrange a different arrangement over a longer period. All repayment offers and settlement proposals will be considered, call us and see what we can arrange for you or alternatively you can email email addy removed.

Should you have any questions please telephone....

Can you please contact us within 14 days of this letter..."

Prior to that I received confirmation that my defence had been passed to the claimant - but nothing more.

What do you think the next steps should be.. I don't quite understand what they're playing at?

Cheers

Edited by slick132
removed email addy

Hi Fed,

I'd send a Without Prejudice reply to SE saying :-

Dear Mr xxxxxx,

Thank you for your letter of xxdate.

I maintain that I owe nothing in respect of this matter and have sufficient evidence to defend the claim successfully in court.

Accordingly, your Settlement Offer is rejected.

Yours sincerely,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have now received a letter from SE saying:

"Please be advised that our client the Claimant is withdrawing the Claim from the Court.

However this matter is now being passed back to our client Credit Resolution Services."

Seems I may have another bout of correspondence from CRS in the next few weeks....

Cheers

Hi Fed,

Yahoo !!

This is the best news I've had all week.

If CRS have the temerity to write to you again seeking a penny, we can laugh in their face and tell them where to go.

If they persist, you have excellent grounds to take THEM to court seeking a nominal award (at the court's discretion) which would stop their antics for good.

Delighted at this news !! :whoo: :whoo: :whoo:

Hi Slick..

Of course, I'm very pleased. They're clearly a persistent bunch, so I hold little hope they'll rest...

As always, your assistance and support in these matters has been nothing short of phenomenal.

Have a great B/H weekend.

Cheers

You have a good w/e too and, when I have a cheeky beer tonight, I'll raise a toast to your success.

Thread title amended to reflect your **WIN**

Excellent nice result Fed.Just check with your court that they have filed a Notice of Discontinuance......just for peace of mind.

Well done

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Excellent news :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi all,

Feels like a while since I've been in touch - so thought I'd catch up with my friends at CAG :)

While I should have, I absent-mindedly neglected to inform you all that the notification of discontinuance was filed on the 3 Sept 2015. I have heard/received nothing of this affair. Well, at least until Tuesday this week...

I've received an email from the solicitors (Spratt Endicott) who represented Harlands/CRS :

"We have been trying to contact you. Please could you contact us on 01295 204074 regarding our reference 1xxxxx.xx2 between 9.00 am - 5.30pm Monday to Thursday and 9.00 am - 5.00pm Friday.

Alternatively, you can reply to this email and we will respond accordingly, it is important that we speak with you."

Of course this comes as a surprise as I, maybe naively, believed this could be behind me.

Do you think I should acknowledge this?

Regards

Fed

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Fed,

You could safely ignore this if you want and make no response at all.

Or you could drop Spratts a brief email for a bit of sport :-

I refer to your email of xxdate and must ask why you are seeking contact from me.

It really annoys me that Spratts are happy to pester folk on the orders of Harlands/CRS but without bothering to check any paperwork or history, to satisfy themselves that any money is really owed.

See how they reply and then decide if they should be reported to the SRA.

Why do I get the feeling they will try legal again.?

Spratts have not "tried legal" with one single case we've seen here since they started acting for Harlands/CRS. :flypig:

If they "try legal" again on this one, I pledge CAG a Site Donation of £25.

Hi all,

Why do I sense that they were dipping their toe in the water again?

My response : "I refer to your email of 7th June 2016 and must ask why you are seeking contact from me?"

SE response : "In order for me to discuss the file with you for data protection purposes can you please confirm the first line of your address and postcode.

Once this is confirmed I can disclose the details of the account to you."

My response : Provided above details

SE response : "Sorry the email was sent in error."

This is despite the fact that it was sent P&C with a previously used reference!?

Maybe I read too much into it and an over zealous junior administrator took it upon themselves to reopen old files they chose not to waste time on, but what likelihood/sense of closure do I have here? This will continue to be an open case I presume!?

Cheers

Hi Fed,

You may be over-thinking this. I think Harlands/CRS just passed on a bundle of customers who they say were in arrears, so Spratts could send out begging letters.

I doubt Spratts had any knowledge of the court action taken previously by the other solicitors.

Just typical of Harlands/CRS to get things wrong.

Let us know if you get any further demands.