wife job seeker disct pass

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3465 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone, a quick advice needed cause i meant to reply letter in 2 days.

my wife was on a job seeker discount bus pass,we had 3 oyster card in the family one was register in my name, the remainning 2 were not, just pay as you go,my weekly pass expired a day befor this incident,i alway make sure i have funds in my oysters incase of emmagency, on this day 2 of my oyster have a minimum of £12 each,but i wasnt sure of which,i took 2 oysters along with me not knowing one belong to my wife,on the bus i got cought by the inspector, cause the one i use was my wife's, i try to explain to the inspector but he said i should give him my details which i did,i wouldnt mind paying a fine cause criminal record will really affect my job, pls how do i write and not to complicate matter? cause in there letter i was ask to explain why i travel on a bus without valid oyster card that any thing i wrote could be use against me in court.

Hello everyone, a quick advice needed cause i meant to reply letter in 2 days.

my wife was on a job seeker discount bus pass,we had 3 oyster card in the family one was register in my name, the remainning 2 were not, just pay as you go,my weekly pass expired a day befor this incident,i alway make sure i have funds in my oysters incase of emmagency, on this day 2 of my oyster have a minimum of £12 each,but i wasnt sure of which,i took 2 oysters along with me not knowing one belong to my wife,on the bus i got cought by the inspector, cause the one i use was my wife's, i try to explain to the inspector but he said i should give him my details which i did,i wouldnt mind paying a fine cause criminal record will really affect my job, pls how do i write and not to complicate matter? cause in there letter i was ask to explain why i travel on a bus without valid oyster card that any thing i wrote could be use against me in court.

The transport companies usually prosecute abuse of discretionary passes, as this is:

a) an area of abuse of passes intended for the disadvantaged funded by the public purse

b) one of the major forms of dishonesty related to public transport.

The operator's prosecution team will have heard most of the excuses under the sun for why it wasn't intentional.

That doesn't mean that if it really was unintentional by you that they won't believe you : just that "we all had the passes in identical wallets, and I just picked up the wrong one" is a refrain they (& the Magistrates!) have heard numerous times!

So, tell us more : how did you manage to use the wrong pass? We need details to best advise , including why you didn't notice it wasn't your pass.

I've offered advice on similar threads in the past, some of which I've thought "seems plausible to me", but many I've thought "their story makes no sense" or "the story is changing to fit ....."

Be aware the transport company will be more used to this than you or I, and getting caught in a lie will make it almost certain they will prosecute.

Actually I own the 3 oysters but 2 were not registered, even this very one that got me into trouble was having £10 of mine on it unknowingly to my wife, before she bought her discount travel fare on it, I used her oyster not knowing I would be cut out with it, but please how do I go about it?

Actually I own the 3 oysters but 2 were not registered, even this very one that got me into trouble was having £10 of mine on it unknowingly to my wife, before she bought her discount travel fare on it, I used her oyster not knowing I would be cut out with it, but please how do I go about it?

I'm confused by your reply : did you use your wife's discounted Oyster deliberately or accidentally?

The approach I'd suggest is vastly different, based on that key piece of information.

When you say "not knowing I would be cut out with it" : do you mean caught out with it? Did you deliberately use a pass you weren't entitled to?

If it really was by accident, the details will "ring true" and they may accept your explanation.

If you try to claim it was by accident when it wasn't ; the details usually give you away, and they will almost certainly then prosecute.

If you accept it was deliberate, then honesty and a plea for mercy (by a settlement out of Court) MIGHT work.

It is a slim chance, but more of a chance than being caught in a lie.

Thanks for your response, my wife's oyster was picked accidentally, this was realise when I was caught by the inspector, he never listen to my explanation cause he was busy trying to confirm my details but the truth is that the oyster was picked wrongly by me though mine was valid too but I know this is not an excuse I just don't want to be prosecuted in court, how do I reply tfl

Thanks for your response, my wife's oyster was picked accidentally, this was realise when I was caught by the inspector, he never listen to my explanation cause he was busy trying to confirm my details but the truth is that the oyster was picked wrongly by me though mine was valid too but I know this is not an excuse I just don't want to be prosecuted in court, how do I reply tfl

I suggested earlier : "how did you manage to use the wrong pass? We need details to best advise , including why you didn't notice it wasn't your pass"

I've suggested you give the details a number of times.

I cannot help you without them.

I suspect others will struggle to help you without the details either : it will seem that you are saying it was an accident, but as I've mentioned : the company will have heard that before (it is the usual excuse), and it is the details that will help people help you persuade TfL.

As for me : I've asked for the details enough times, I 'm going to focus my (limited) time on people who show they want to help me to help them.

I can't help you if you won't help yourself BOTH

1) by being entirely honest and

2) replying with the full details .

The absence of either will risk you getting poor advice.

I'm not going to offer advice I know is likely poor.

Hi there wasn't any picture to identify the difference, and as I said before this card belong to me but was not registered on my name, and they all look alike, she was able to register it because it was a prepaid, so I can't identify it cause I don't know the numbers, this was a mistake and I accept my error but wasn't intentional and this was my first time either cause the discount travel card was just 3days old.

Hi there wasn't any picture to identify the difference, and as I said before this card belong to me but was not registered on my name, and they all look alike, she was able to register it because it was a prepaid, so I can't identify it cause I don't know the numbers, this was a mistake and I accept my error but wasn't intentional and this was my first time either cause the discount travel card was just 3days old.

So, do the cards (and their wallets) all look alike?

Yes they both lookalike.

If it was just 3 days old, how come your wife's photo card wasn't with it? (When you sign for the discounted rate, you get a photo card, are told that the pass must be with the photo card, and not to allow anyone else to use either the pass or the photo card).

Was the pass not changed into a different wallet too?

https://www.tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/adult-discounts-and-concessions/jobcentre-plus-travel-discount

"Once you've got your Jobcentre Plus travel discount on your Oyster card, please remember to:

Carry your Jobcentre Plus Travel Discount Card and Oyster card and Oyster card together at all times when you travel

Touch in and out on the yellow card readers at the start and end of your journeys

You must not let anyone else use your Jobcentre Plus Travel Discount Card or Oyster card. "

As I say, TfL will have heard "I accidentally picked up the wrong pass" as the default response whenever someone has been caught.

Her foto card wasn't in the wallet together with the oyster I only saw the oyster alone and I took it, it was after this incident I now realise that the oyster she use wasn't a new one, even the same oyster still have my credit of £10 onit and the wallet was the same with the other ones on the computer desk.

Her foto card wasn't in the wallet together with the oyster I only saw the oyster alone and I took it, it was after this incident I now realise that the oyster she use wasn't a new one, even the same oyster still have my credit of £10 onit and the wallet was the same with the other ones on the computer desk.

Write to TfL, explaining this. Apologise, and explain that you will in future ensure that your wife keeps her photocard with her Oyster, and that you will mark her wallet to ensure it is distinguishable, so that it can't be picked up accidentally again.

Ask if they would consider you paying any fare due, and their administrative expenses, as an alternative to court, as it wasn't intentional, but even though it wasn't intentional you fully accept your responsibility for events.

I don't hold out much hope, but this is the best you can try to persuade them not to prosecute.

hi good morning, this is what i intend to write to tfl, pls check if theres any way i have implicate or worsen matter.

I refer to your letter dated 15/08/14. In which you have ask for my explanation. On the 06/08/14, i left home to do some shopping, i took a travelling card from the computer desk where we normally drop our passes, i never check properly to be sure of which pass, because the wallets look alike, and there was no photo card in my wife’s wallet to able to identify them but i am very sure of my pre pay card that it is valid never realise i took the wrong oyster not until i was told by the inspector on the bus tried to explain to the inspector that i picked the wrong oyster that i have a pass that is valid for my journey but accidentally picked the wrong one but he requested for my details which i gave to him.

I sincerely Apologise for my mistake and mix-up, i do not know how i could be absent minded not to notice i have picked up the wrong travel card, this was my first time of committing such an error, i will in future ensure that my wife keeps her photo card with her oyster and will mark her wallet to ensure it is distinguishable so that it can’t be picked up Accidentally again.

Would you kindly consider me paying any fare due and any administration expenses as an alternative to court as it wasn’t intentional but even though it wasn’t intentional, i fully accept my responsibility for this event.

Please find a copy of my 2 oyster cards attached.

Yours faithfully..........

• 1 month later...

Hi thanks again, i received a reply this morning.the title reads TRAVEL IRREGULARITY. The reply reads Thank you for your letter, The oyster card you refer to serial number..........- was at the time of travel, a pay as you go oyster card which had not been validated for the journey you were taking, nor did it carry any product which would have covered you for that journey.

A pay as you go oyster card is only a valid ticket after it has been presented to the reader on the bus and the correct fare has been deducted for the journey.

Using someone else non transferable pass is a strict liability offence and proof that the act was commited is sufficient for conviction, regardless of whether or not it was intentional. i must point out that legal proceedings may still be taken against you. pls i am so worried about this cause i dont want to go to court.

Hello there.

I'm moving your thread to the transport forum and will leave you a short term redirect to follow from this forum. The transport guys should be along later.

Please can you type up what the summons says, leaving out any personal information? That will help the guys to advise you.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Yet another 'I picked up the wrong pass' thread.

Your wifes oyster must have the photocard with it to be valid, which begs the question, why was photocard not with her oyster.

All I ask is to be treated fairly and lawfully.

Yet another 'I picked up the wrong pass' thread.

Your wifes oyster must have the photocard with it to be valid, which begs the question, why was photocard not with her oyster.

there wasnt any foto card on it, i picked up a wallet not knowing it is hers.

there wasnt any foto card on it, i picked up a wallet not knowing it is hers.

Yet you still haven't been able to explain why (only 3 days after your wife got the discounted card and photo pass)

a) your wife's Oyster had moved apart from its photocard, and

b) it had moved to an Oyster wallet indistinguishable from a standard Oyster wallet.

TfL don't seem to have been particularly persuaded, either ... since they've proceeded to prosecution.

What offence have you been summonsed for?.

Hello there.

I'm moving your thread to the transport forum and will leave you a short term redirect to follow from this forum. The transport guys should be along later.

Please can you type up what the summons says, leaving out any personal information? That will help the guys to advise you.

HB

The summon says Requisition to attend..... magistrate courtyou are required to appear on tuesday ...befor the magistrate court to answer the following charge.That you on the 7th of ...... being a passanger on a public service vehicle operated on behalf of london bus services limited being used for carriage of passengers at separate fares, did use in relation to journey you were taking a ticket which had been issued for use by another person on terms that it is not transferable.contrary to regulation7(1)(b) of public service vehicle conduct of drivers inspectors,conductors & passengers) regulation1990 SI No.1020 and contrary to section25(3) of public pessenger vehicle Act 1981.An application will be made in court for a £130 contribution towards the cost of transport for london. there will also be an application for compensation of £1:45 fare in respect of fare avoided. further cost may be inccurred if additional documentation is required or if the matter is not resolved at the earliest oppotunity.

further cost may be inccurred if additional documentation is required or if the matter is not resolved at the earliest oppotunity.

I would be interested to know what they mean by resolving at the earliest opportunity.

HB

If the accused pleads not guilty the case will be adjourned, and relisted with all witnesses available to give evidence.

If then found guilty - this would represent additional events beyond the first opportunity....

If the accused pleads not guilty the case will be adjourned, and relisted with all witnesses available to give evidence.

If then found guilty - this would represent additional events beyond the first opportunity....

i really dont know what they mean by resolving at the earliest opportunity.i am thinking of calling tfl tomorrow to speak with someone regarding settling out of court, cause i am really worried about this issue.