Harlands and CRS problems

strathster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok quite a long story here but im in a similar situation and help would be much appreciated......

I have had a problem with Harlands then passed onto CRS.

I was made bankrupt in 2012, apparently it only lasts for 1 year, however, i still have to pay any disposable income to my official receiver, which technically leaves me with not a penny to spare after all major bills are paid (they entitled me to paying for a gym membership).

My £18 per month membership bounced 2 month into my years membership, i then got a letter saying i owe them £43 as it bounced and they have added £25 admin charges! that on top of my £10 direct debit charge i got from my bank this £18 per month membership has came a little costly, too costly considering i dont have a spare penny to pay any admin fee.

They set a date on when it would come out of my bank so i cancelled the direct debit and then got another letter saying they have added another £25 for the direct debit being cancelled! so now my £18 monthly membership was going to cost about £78 just for one bounced payment!

I phoned them up and explained i couldnt pay that as i dont have a penny spare all my money is accounted for with my bankruptcy. They told me to send a letter proving im bankrupt and if im honest i said i would and just never got round to it then completely forgot.

I then receive a letter to my old address (my mother still lives there) i've no idea why it went there because my membership was set up with my own address i currently live at, the letter was from CRS saying they have added £127 admin charges and i know owe £382!! I told them they need to change the address and explained i cant pay that and that im not willing to pay that money for a membership im not even allowed to use anyway!

They then said if you dont pay it you will go to court and get a CCJ i tried to be a bit cocky and think it was a bluff so i said 'take me to court then as im not paying it' and they said 'ok thanks for your time goodbye'

i quickly flapped and said 'how much could you accept on a payment plan?' they told me the minimum was gonna be £10 per month and the first payment had to be £15, i was going to swallow my pride and just pay it until he said 'we charge a £2.50 handling fee for every monthly payment' so basically for every £10 i pay only £7.50 comes off the balance!!!

this is an absolute con, i have already got £127 in admin fees! I dont know how they get away with it, we come to the agreement I was going to send in an income and expenditure form but thinking about it now i cant be bothered pratting about doing all that because i know the next thing will be send in your payslips etc, my pay changes by the week as sometimes i get overtime and sometimes i dont so it will be a right mess on!

Should i just pay the £10 per month with the £2.50 handling fees or is there something else i can do?

Thanks!

Edited by slick132
Spaced with paragraphs so the post is readable

Hi Strathster and welcome to CAG

Your post has been moved into your own new thread and I've used paragraphs to make it readable. Please use spacing in future, thanks.

Can you tell us approx when you joined the gym.

When did you last speak with them about paying them off monthly.

The Admin Fees they added in the past should not be paid and the monthly £2.50 Fee they want now is bonkers.

I will draft a letter to send when you give answers to the Q's above.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)