HSBC **WON**

Angel104
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4751 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone had dealings with Arrow Global only I received a letter of assignment from them today saying the FV-1 has assigned all of its prospective rights to them. Now I was being chased by FV-1 over an HSBC debt and in the end they wrote saying they had closed their file. Furthermore the address for payment is NCO Europe. I don't quite understand what is going on here who are NCO? Are they and Arrow Global the same company.

how old is this debt?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The debt is about 4 years old. I am confused by the fact that it has been assigned to Arrow Global by FV-1 because the first letter I ever got about this was from Global debt recovery. I have never had a letter from anyone saying that they bought the debt so how can 1 DCA assign it to another and who exactly are FV-1.

just a smokescreen to try and confuse you into paying.

phishing list debt me thinks

when was YOUR last financial in/out and what is the debt?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

there are no rules that govern this, they can try any trick they like to make you pay.........

now this o/d was it yours or made up of charges and when was the last time you paid the loan and did you sign a cca?

dx

and they

obv phishing trip then.

can i just ask additionally if you can remember if the OD was largely made up of bank charges, i bet it was as that would go with the way things have evolved on this debt.

dx

and they

you are hanging on this point too much

prob find they are the same dca just using a diff letterhead, i seem to remember something about these two before

just trying to con you.

get reclaiming.hit 'em where it hurts

dx

and they

Arrow Global have obviously purchased a portfolio of old debts from NCO Europe. I've recently had the same letter as you.

I did a lot of digging around (as was/is my style with DCA's) years ago when my debt was first assigned to FV-1. FV-1 are just another arm of NCO Europe, much the same as FIRE is with Cabot. Anyway, I got FV-1/NCO off my case with a CCA and a few well worded letters. My 'debt' became SB in February of this year.

Even though I'm a seasoned campaigner with DCA's I remain a tad confused with the fact that all future payments and correspondence should be directed to NCO Europe. I've written NCO a strongly worded letter basically telling them to P off and warned them to stop writing or else. Rather than send anything to the PO Box address they give, I sent my recorded letter to the correct address which is: NCO Europe, Old Docks House, 90 Watery Lane, Ashton on Ribble, Preston, PR2 1AU. In addition, I CC'd the company secretary of Arrow Global at their address in WC1 (London).

Just hate every DCA out there

• 3 months later...

A few months ago I had arrow global chasing me for an alledged HSBC debt and at the moment the account is in dispute because they have not complied with my cca request. Now I have had a letter from westcot demanding money for the same debt and saying their client is arrow global.

I have had no letter of assignment from either arrow global or westcot so should I write to westcot and query their legality to collect this debt.

A few months ago I had arrow global chasing me for an alledged HSBC debt and at the moment the account is in dispute because they have not complied with my cca request. Now I have had a letter from westcot demanding money for the same debt and saying their client is arrow global.

I have had no letter of assignment from either arrow global or westcot so should I write to westcot and query their legality to collect this debt.

Hi Angel

Just send Wescot this . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?426-A-letter-when-the-account-has-been-passed-to-another-debt-collection-agency

Amend it to suit and let them do the rest

Regards

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Hi Angel

And I also favour:

Consumer Credit Directive 2010 (this is law now):

"16. ASSIGNMENT OF RIGHTS

16.1 W

here any rights of a creditor under a consumer credit agreement (for example the right to be repaid the money) are sold or transferred to a third party, notice of that assignment must be given to the borrower as soon as reasonably possible, except in the circumstances described below. This requirement applies to all regulated consumer credit agreements other than agreements secured on land. This requirement is in new section 82A of the CCA43.

16.2 I

t is the responsibility of the assignee (the creditor acquiring the rights) to ensure that notice is given. However, he does not have to give notice himself, but can agree with the assignor (the creditor assigning the rights) that the assignor will give notice instead, depending on what is more sensible in the circumstances. It is important, however, that notice is given as soon as reasonably possible and in a way that is clearly understandable by the borrower.

16.3 N

otice does not have to be given where arrangements for servicing the credit are unchanged as far as the borrower is concerned. For example, if Creditor A sells his rights under a credit agreement to Creditor B but Creditor A still collects the borrower’s repayments in the same way and is the only point of contact for the borrower on matters regarding the agreement, notice does not have to be given.

16.4 W

here notice has not been given, and arrangements for servicing the credit do subsequently change, the borrower must be informed of the assignment on or before the date that change happens. Again, this must be readily comprehensible to the borrower.

16.5 T

he definition of “creditor” in section 189 of the CCA applies to this new requirement on assignment of rights. This means that when an assignee purchases debts (or otherwise acquires rights under a credit agreement) it also acquires certain obligations to the borrower including the duty to comply with CCA requirements (such as the rules on statements and notices and other post-contractual information). The assignee becomes the creditor under the agreement. This ensures that essential consumer protections under the CCA cannot be circumvented by assigning the debt to a third party.

43 Regulation 36 of the EU Directive Regulations.

71"

http://www.bis.gov.uk/assets/biscore...e-guidance.pdf

Although nobody else seems to?

x

v

• 1 month later...

I was being chased by westcot over an alledged HSBC debt I had received no letter of assignment so I wrote to westcot and told them that I did not think that they were legally entitled to collect the debt. This morning they wrote and said they have closed their file.

If only cabot were that easy to get rid of.

Nice one Angel.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.