MINI lack of transparency: mileage quotation denied

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3532 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear members

In the last few years, I had been receiving excellent service from MINI, unfortunately, I have received poor customer service.

I noticed that my mileage allowance per year was very low (sadly, I did agree with it on day of making HIRE Purchase agreement)

Back in April (I have been accumulating charges that I will need to pay unless I purchase the car at the end), an advisor called Liam told me that I should pay £20 in order to receive a mileage quotation. He told me that I would receive the quotation after 5 working days. I made the payment.

After more than 3 weeks, I had not received quotation and I made another phone call and spoke with Dan (on a saturday). He apologised and stated that the quotation would be sent as soon as possible. He also told me that if I buy the car, no quotation for allowance was needed. I told him that I wanted to have my options open.

After few months (July) I made another phone call to find out about quotation. I spoke with Emma, who confirmed that MINI had decided to not to proceed with the quotation and the money I spent was refunded but I was not notified of it.

I was not informed of this and MINI did not even had the courtesy of informing me after they have failed to send the quotation in 2 occasions. I have been a trusted MINI customer for years and both my wife and myself have chosen MINI as our preferred car. We always found that MINI strength was outstanding customer service. The way this was handled by MINI was not in line with the excellent service we have been receiving in the last 6 years.

I found the conflicting approach and lack of transparency from MINI appalling. MINI showed a shameful disregard for my personal situation.

I can only think that they want to ensure that I would buy the car and sadly, they have achieved the opposite.

I would like to warn you that these type of companies appear to care for the client while the reality is the opposite

Be careful when signing documents and agreeing with a mileage quotation on the day of Hire purchase

Thanks for your support

Omar (DrO)