• Tweets

• Stop worrying about bailiffs and read what dx100uk  has posted  ..........................................................
    • The two companies are lowell and cabot.   I'll get the information and come back with it.   I did do quite a bit of 'Google' research before coming on here. There's a lot of confusing information out there they seem to tell you half the story.   Just so I'm clear. Bailiffs in my situation, if authorised by a court. Can enter the property through an unlocked door and seizure goods? Or can they not do that with a consumer credit ccj? Or point me in the right direction so I can read up on it.   Thank you for your help. It's good to finally speak to somebody who tells you how it is.
    • I've just acknowledged the claim and im reading up on how to do the cca and cpr requests now.   Thanks for all your help         Edit:   I was jus reading the cpr 13 template and it says i am requesting: " (template removed - dx)
    • Hi dx   Post 23 letter has been hidden as has a name in it. I did read the thread and in post 7 saw mention of 'must complain within 3 years of being aware it was mis-sold' if this is what you are referring to? Also my policy is live currently.   I think you know this, but it seems the RBS/Halifax agent doesnt know, that 'I became aware it was mis-sold just before I raised my claim (2019) having read a media article'  as I dont think the PPi team showed them the original claim form maybe, who knows.   Expanding, sorry I missed the word PPi after 'loan' in my post you quoted and highlighted. To be clear, the life protector was not for a loan, but a mortgage, and that mortgage did have a mis-sold PPi on it which they have admitted and refunded.   If it helps, I have several mortgage offers here from 1999 and they say 'Minimum life cover to be assigned to the bank'    The odd thing here is, I started the mortgage and PPi in 1999 but it was 2003 this life assurance started. I do categorically recall being told it was something I had to have though.   Many thanks   E 
    • MP's are good for other things but for some reason are not very good for Council Tax.
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

keynes collections & welcome finance debt

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1605 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

ignore them.

did you sar welcome and reclaim the insurances and fees?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Never had any of their insurance products, boy was that a struggle how hard they tried to imply they were mandatory without actually saying so, worse than trying to not buy an extended warranty on an electric stones out of horses hooves tool from Comet, and only had one fee of 10

• 11 months later...

had a t/o gram from R&W re an hp agreement with welcome finance posted about this some years ago

In short Welcome despite a clear VOLUNTARY TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT UNDER S99/100 CCA 1974 attempted to claim this was a VS

they chased for money themselves, themselves calling themselves Atlas and so on

but eventually after being told shut up or put up gave up it surfaced occasionally as sold on but each time smartly put to bed

I responded to R&W saying the

y should read the file which they should have got from the vendor and realised there is no such debt,

they say they have no data and I should send them the letters the file is VERY large since as I was sure of the position I enjoyed having some interesting letters.

I have referred them to their own trade association rules regarding selling of accounts section 9 g,f which say the vendor should provide this on any sale of debt and any further info required after sale and intend to leave it at that no further response anyone any thoughts?

merged again

ignore them

MKDP/Hoist/HPH2/Robbersway

all the same lot

trying to spoof you.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...