One call & Judgement Order Listings - Court Order Notification

Rob Scrimper
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3500 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

May I ask has anyone ever been experienced that Judgement Order Listings has issued court proceedings against you?

My case with them is as follows:

- I had paid up the whole year of car insurance (no claim and no cancellation)

- when I moved home, I changed my address online with their website

- I was charged £40 or so on my credit card without any invoice or notification

- I told my credit card company I did not authorize the payment and they used the old credits card number (which was changed after bought the insurance)

- credit card company refunded me

- One Call Insurance requested £40 and when I refused to pay they cancelled my insurance

- then a few months later, One Call kept asking for the £40

- then they passed it to Judgement who is now asking for the money

- I have just received the "Court Action Notification" asking for £130 or so

Not sure if this is worth fighting for, and whether they would actually go to court. I don't have time to play game with Judgement who is full-time chasing people for money.

I think I have a case: as they charged me without any notification and they cancelled the insurance about one or two month before the 12 month term.

Any advice? Any similar experience?

Thanks,

R

basically its all fake and goes nowhere

just type in

onecall in our search of the top grey toolbar.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks, dx.

Although I think they are using scare tactic to extract as much money as they can from people, I also think I have no time if it ever has gone to court.

I worry I have to take a day off to present my case, and time to prepare for it.

What if eventually the court still awards them and I have to pay up...

R

Dreadful company who cannot be compliant with FCA rules and may be in breach of the administration of justice act section 40. They really cannot use Judge Order Listings and make it out that they have gone to court. It is an abuse and should be brought to the attention of the Ministry of Justice (MOJ).

Companies do charge admin fees for change of address and this will be noted in your policy documents. You should have been able to access revised documents online or they should have sent confirmation of the change of address. In the event of non payment of any premium adjustments for such things as a change of address, companies can cancel policies.

Suggest that you make a complaint and pass on to the FOS if necessary. You could also make a complaint to the MOJ about this companies dodgy documents. Perhaps you could send a copy to your local MP and ask them to bring this to the attention of the MOJ, that this company appears to be deliberately breaching the law by advising of court actions that don't exist.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

your exact letter will be in the threads about onecall already listed here

pers i'd simply ignore them.

if you care to look

you'll see the old justice scales logo and letterhead has now gone

to a rather less scary logo.

by all means complain, but all you have simply is a threat-o-gram.

dx

and they

Thanks unclebulgaria67.

I did recognize that admin fee may be charged. But I was not happy that they just took the money from my credit card without my authorization.

When One Call cancelled my insurance, I considered it "even."

Moreover, I consider that even if the fee was specified in the policy document but it should not mean I have to accept it. At the time when it happened (a change of address), they can ask for money according to the policy, and I can refuse. Then the policy is cancelled. I do not consider they can "enforce" the fee being paid up.

Does it stand legally?

R

Thanks unclebulgaria67.

I did recognize that admin fee may be charged. But I was not happy that they just took the money from my credit card without my authorization.

When One Call cancelled my insurance, I considered it "even."

Moreover, I consider that even if the fee was specified in the policy document but it should not mean I have to accept it. At the time when it happened (a change of address), they can ask for money according to the policy, and I can refuse. Then the policy is cancelled. I do not consider they can "enforce" the fee being paid up.

Does it stand legally?

R

When you took out the Insurance you accepted the contract terms. They can charge the admin fee, but should advise you before they put the payment through. If there was a change to the premium rates because of the new address, they would also confirm that before this is charged.

So admin fee correct, but the process appears to be wrong in not communicating with you about processing the payment.

All Insurance companies charge admin fees for policy amendment these days.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

but they are a penalty fee and unlawful regardless to if they are in any silly t&C's.

dx

and they

I accept your points.

Does it mean Judgement has a case and will prevail if they decide to go to court against me?

R

When you took out the Insurance you accepted the contract terms. They can charge the admin fee, but should advise you before they put the payment through. If there was a change to the premium rates because of the new address, they would also confirm that before this is charged.

So admin fee correct, but the process appears to be wrong in not communicating with you about processing the payment.

All Insurance companies charge admin fees for policy amendment these days.

but they are a penalty fee and unlawful regardless to if they are in any silly t&C's.

dx

I agree disproportionate " admin fees" are penalties and are unjustifiable, the insurance industry plays evilly on the fact that compulsory insurance make cash cows of all of us!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

dx

Hi dx,

Can you explain? I do not understand.

The key questions for me is that (1) will Judgement really go to court; and (2) if so, do they have a case?

FYI: when I changed address, there were no additional premium to pay.

R

I accept your points.

Does it mean Judgement has a case and will prevail if they decide to go to court against me?

R

They can charge the admin fee and you by not paying this have breached the contract. But I suspect that OneCall breached the contract as well by not informing you that they were going to charge the amount to your account.

They won't go to court, as it is not worth it.

These fees are not unlawful, as they don't represent a penalty or a profit to the Insurers. If Onecall were asked to justify the admin fee, they could do so, by putting together a list of costs they incurred. IT system, staff costs etc. I suspect that they have this information available on request.

but none of the banks or DCa's ever do

so neither would an ins co.

sighting it being confidential info

just like as what happened with the bank charges debacle.

if it were any other co bar onecall [who we think own JoL anyway]

then i'd worry

but not this lot..

it'll never go anywhere.

as long as your CRa file is clear

then i'd be ignoring them.

you start writing

and entering letter tennis

then they'll think they have found a mug

dx

and they

They can charge the admin fee and you by not paying this have breached the contract. But I suspect that OneCall breached the contract as well by not informing you that they were going to charge the amount to your account.

They won't go to court, as it is not worth it.

These fees are not unlawful,****** as they don't represent a penalty or a profit to the Insurers. ****** If Onecall were asked to justify the admin fee, they could do so, by putting together

a list of costs they incurred. IT system, staff costs etc. I suspect that they have this information available on request.

****** I seriously doubt that an insurer does not make a profit out of disproportionate charges, they have been " at it" for years.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

****** I seriously doubt that an insurer does not make a profit out of disproportionate charges, they have been " at it" for years.

I don't like these admin fees either, but Insurers been justifying them for years. The FOS have so far also agreed to the Insurers applying these charges. No court case challenging them as far as I know.

• 1 month later...

hi there

i was with one call insurance i was quoted on line £248 + £30 deposit for yearly car insurance , paid deposit

then noticed that i was paying £34 per month for insurance

i changed car and called them to ask for quote

they said i would be additional £400

i told them to forget it

i had been with them for 5 months and had paid £170 so far + £30 deposit o £200 in total

they wanted £56 cancellation fee and i thought no way.

when i went on their site as new customer the insurance was only £300 for new car.

i cancelled dd as no way where they getting anymore cash from me

i now ave letter from them headed "court bailiffs limited" saying i owe £146.04 if not paid further action will be taken.

oh and if i pay within seven days interest and further £27.00 charge will be lifted .

they are robbing me blind considering i thought it was cheap insurance quote .

is this real bailiffs letter or them chancing their arm ?

hi there

i was with one call insurance i was quoted on line £248 + £30 deposit for yearly car insurance , paid deposit the noticed that i was paying £34 per month for insurance i changed car and called them to ask for quote the said i would be additional £400 so i told them to forget it i had been with them for 5 months and had paid £170 so far + £30 deposit so £200 in total they wanted £56 cancellation fee and i thought no way. when i went on their site as new customer the insurance was only £300 for new car. anyway i cancelled dd as no way where they getting anymore cash from me i now ave letter from them headed "court bailiffs limited" saying i owe £146.04 if not paid further action will be taken. oh and if i pay within seven days interest and further £27.00 charge will be lifted . they are robbing me blind considering i thought it was cheap insurance quote . is this real bailiffs letter or them chancing their arm ?

No it is made up rubbish. There is no court or bailiff involvement.

What this company are doing looks to be illegal. They are not allowed to suggest any court involvement, as that is illegal per section 40 of the Administration of justice act.

At some stage in my opinion, One Call will end up being fined a huge amount of money for what they are doing. No serious company would act in this way.

can you scan up the letter please

if it implies things it should not

the FCA will want a copy

dx

and they