Marlin buys very old debt and adds to credit file

5pence
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

In 2009 I made a final (short) payment on a loan that I had with NRAM

and though I didn't request a letter of satisfaction as I had no contact

I believed the matter was dealt with.

About 9 months ago Marlin sent me a letter saying they owned the debt now.

I wrote to them saying that I didn't recognise their ownership of an old debt that had been paid years ago.

Over the course of 3 letters sent recorded delivery I issued them an estoppel

and a notice 10 as they couldn't provide me with various proofs that I requested from them within a reasonable time.

I believed the matter was completely dealt with by March 2014 (i.e. estoppel , no debt etc).

I recently decided to look at my credit reference file with experian and saw that Marlin added this old debt in April this year,

marked it as a loan,

stating that the 'debt' came down £1. i.e. that I paid a £1.

I didn't pay a pound and believe they did this as total malpractice to keep a debt active as I believe it is in estoppel.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do?

Thanks

so who did you originally pay

and have you got the letter refereeing to it being settled?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i paid NRAM not Marlin, my last payment was in either 2009 or 2010. Not 2014 to Marlin as my credit file suggests.

I don't have a letter of satisfaction or anything relating to the initial loan (as it was 4 or 5 years ago).

i paid NRAM not Marlin, my last payment was in either 2009 or 2010. Not 2014 to Marlin as my credit file suggests.

I don't have a letter of satisfaction or anything relating to the initial loan (as it was 4 or 5 years ago).[/quote

SAR to NRAM, put a notice of dispute on the credit files.

Formal Complaint to Marlin.

There seems to quite some confusion since Marlin was acquired by Cabot (US Bank JC Flowers).

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Did they update a record on your file ?

Or did they add a debt which had previously completely dropped off your file?

Thanks

Did they update a record on your file ?

Or did they add a debt which had previously completely dropped off your file?

Thanks

They added a debt which had previously completely dropped off my file.

Put a notice of correction against the entry, get the CRA to investigate, and meanwhile write a full letter of complaint to the Data controller at marlin. Make sure you are 100% sure that it was fully removed first though. Sometimes they will remove it temporarily then put it back after changing details. The key to knowing this would be the default and entry date on the marker.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Put a notice of correction against the entry, get the CRA to investigate, and meanwhile write a full letter of complaint to the Data controller at marlin. Make sure you are 100% sure that it was fully removed first though. Sometimes they will remove it temporarily then put it back after changing details. The key to knowing this would be the default and entry date on the marker.

Date Updated would be more appropriate.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: