Fredrickson anonamous text and phone blocking

RedVixen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3495 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Fredricksons are chasing for a water bill whichis currently being paid off and a very rapid rate of nots direct to Welsh Water - the surname on the bill is incorrect. I am ignoring them and paying direct each week.

They are sending daily texts asking me to get in contact with no name mentioned (ie mine) no details beyond a request for contact.

I am also getting regular phone calls however there is no real person on the end of the phone after a long pause there is an automated message.

Today another call I actually decide to answer it - complete silence, a voicemail is logged while the line is tied up with this silent call and then I can't end the call I have to switch the phone off nothing else would stop the connection - now OK its their bill but this can't be someting they should be doing.

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

You are correct, they should not be using the automated messaging where there is no one on the other end of hte phone.

If you are unable to block the call - then speak to your service provider and ask them to do this for you.

I am no longer sure who you need to report this type of problem to.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I have answered to one of the other numbers that they use and got along pause followed by the automated message. It seems they have no intention of putting a real person on the line

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

I will make the report

And I will look for some way of reporting the phishing texts since they don't even ask for a person by name on those - suggests thye aren't sure who they are contacting

The PPI Saga

I will make the report

And I will look for some way of reporting the phishing texts since they don't even ask for a person by name on those - suggests thye aren't sure who they are contacting

Block their numbers.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Block their numbers.

I haven't worked out how to do that on my phone and I know that Freds use a wide range of numbers I havce already had calls from 2 different area codes and they are not worth the time and effort of blocking every each on they use as and when they use them

I have beenin this too long to get worried but if I can inconvienience them I will

The PPI Saga

I haven't worked out how to do that on my phone and I know that Freds use a wide range of numbers I havce already had calls from 2 different area codes and they are not worth the time and effort of blocking every each on they use as and when they use them

I have beenin this too long to get worried but if I can inconvienience them I will

Well done!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

• 3 weeks later...

And next we have a letter with CONFIRMED RESIDENT on the top - talks about a debt owed to a client but no reference to who exceptt their own, no amounts or names of clients.

Not surprising they found me I am on the electoral role

Deary me

The PPI Saga

And next we have a letter with CONFIRMED RESIDENT on the top - talks about a debt owed to a client but no reference to who exceptt their own, no amounts or names of clients.

Not surprising they found me I am on the electoral role

Deary me

Ignore, if they are not sure of your ID they should not be sending letters like that vague or not.

I will although I am the only person in the UK with my full name shouldn't be much confusion - Freds just want me to respond in ANY way

I get CRB and security checks complete in almost record time

They are also using automated phone messaes which say if this isn't you press #.

BIggest debt they have chased for lowell is SB - water bill still going down they have used the correct surname this time so assume they are ohishing for Lowell

The PPI Saga

I will although I am the only person in the UK with my full name shouldn't be much confusion - Freds just want me to respond in ANY way

I get CRB and security checks complete in almost record time

They are also using automated phone messaes which say if this isn't you press #.

BIggest debt they have chased for lowell is SB - water bill still going down they have used the correct surname this time so assume they are ohishing for Lowell

That particular "style" of phone contact is bad business practice and is obviously intended to get individuals to make contact, (pressing # gets you connected to one of their desk jockeys who will start the " security details" script.

Freds and Lowell are all part of the same murky group now.

Brig is correct... Lowells purchased them last year.

Im guessing the confirmed resident was a yellow letter ... correct?

I recently spoke to Lowell and they mentioned they watch this site very closely along with others which we shall not talk about.

Agree with Brigg wholeheartedly, Ignore, Ignore, Ignore as they try it on all the time.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Someone mentioned Truecall somewhere else. May be good to reserch it.

Attempting to communicate to them via phone will lead to trouble.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Brig is correct... Lowells purchased them last year.

Im guessing the confirmed resident was a yellow letter ... correct?

I recently spoke to Lowell and they mentioned they watch this site very closely along with others which we shall not talk about.

Agree with Brigg wholeheartedly, Ignore, Ignore, Ignore as they try it on all the time.

There was a Lowell " sleeper" on the forums at one time registered but never posted.

Any idea if the FCA are looking into the way they try to get people to contact them using those automated messages 'If you are x press 1, if you are not x press 2' and SMSs in general.

With Freds and Lowlife ignoring their pleas to 'take financial responsibility' seems to work... along with short sharp letters stating that you will report if they do not stop.

Any idea if the FCA are looking into the way they try to get people to contact them using those automated messages 'If you are x press 1, if you are not x press 2' and SMSs in general.

With Freds and Lowlife ignoring their pleas to 'take financial responsibility' seems to work... along with short sharp letters stating that you will report if they do not stop.

Nothing apparent in regard to the FCA being interested in " methods of contact" used by DCAs.

Nothing apparent in regard to the FCA being interested in " methods of contact" used by DCAs.

Really?....the FCA say otherwise and are looking at the area debt collection agencies sending out misleading letters. This may or may not of course lead to their looking at other types of communication as well.

Really?....the FCA say otherwise and are looking at the area debt collection agencies sending out misleading letters. This may or may not of course lead to their looking at other types of communication as well.

Misleading letters yes I know but as the discussion was regarding telephone contact Yes really ims.

Firstly, Truecall is excellent - I have one bought through this site ages ago, but they are around £100+ unless you can pick up a second hand one. IMO it is not worth it unless you are plagued with calls from multiple sources or need phone recording facilities as we did. It does stop these calls instantaneously though.

Secondly, have you considered a claim for harassment? It was not long ago a person was awarded over £5000 for being pestered by a DCA via text and phone.

Secondly, have you considered a claim for harassment? It was not long ago a person was awarded over £5000 for being pestered by a DCA via text and phone.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?425654-Roberts-v-Bank-of-Scotland-plc-and-another-2013-All-ER-(D)-88-(Jun)-Telephone-Harrassment

Roberts v Bank of Scotland is the case you are referring to, coughdrop - details in the link above.

Once you have advised a creditor that you will not deal with your finances over the telephone no matter how many times they phone, then they really should cease. There is no point in their continual phone calls if you are not going to speak to them, so the only reason they would continue to do so would be to harass and intimidate.

There is a letter in the CAG library that can be sent in the first instance, it refers to the Judgment above.

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

:thumb:

BCOBS

• 2 weeks later...

Its has died down now Freds are texting to tell me they have an offer they think I might be interested in....... silly people

Not going to chase for harassment. I have not responded to any letters or calls so they have not been told to stop. Not harassed they can keep in wasting their money as far as I am concerned

The PPI Saga