Alliance & Leicester unsecured loan PPI Reclaim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My OH had a unsecured loan with A & L in 1995 in which she settled early but recalls that in order for her loan being successful ppi was added.

It wasn't a large loan but nevertheless she paid monthly ppi premiums for about 3 years.

The problem being is that she cannot locate the original agreement details but does have a couple of letters in relation to early settlement and rebate figures with loan account number and old address details.

So she sent off the usual SAR letter to Santander and has now received the attached response. Has anyone received one of the same or is it the usual Santander reply letter ?

Cheers

did you send copies of those letters?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i sometimes find it better with an sar

to actually not 'naildown' what you are actually after.

I know the SAr indicates to do so.

but they sometimes close their wings when they cant find 'that' exact number.

as IMS21 will tell you - HFC/bennys were masters at this

adding and taking away pre and post account letters and numbers to hide data

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i sometimes find it better with an sar

to actually not 'naildown' what you are actually after.

I know the SAr indicates to do so.

but they sometimes close their wings when they cant find 'that' exact number.

as IMS21 will tell you - HFC/bennys were masters at this

adding and taking away pre and post account letters and numbers to hide data

Thanks again dx

So can you tell me (sorry to sound stupid as still learning lol ) when you submit a SAR, do you request everything as per name or account number ?

And cheque payable to Santander ?

an sar is on a person, if you include 'an indication' to what data you are after

there should already be a line to state, including all data but not limited too

dx

and they

yes cheque to satans bank

and they

Think yourself lucky you got a reply. after 103 days with no response to my request and to my reminder I had to go to the ICO to get them to acknowledge they had received my request. The ICO ordered them to get it to me within 14 days which in itself would be a feat as I am an expat living is SE Asia and post usually takes up to 35 working days (Sat and Sun excluded).

• 2 weeks later...

I Originally submitted SAR to Santander 4th July 2014 by recorded delivery in respect of A & L Credit Card from March 1998 to March 2003. I was after some missing statements that I could not find in order to submit a PPI miss-selling complaint.

I received acknowledgement letter 10th July 2014 advising £10 fee had been cashed and matter being dealt with. I then received another letter dated 16th July, 2014 advising that they had located an MBNA account (from 2003 to 2006) and that I was to contact their Data Controller and that recent fee had been cashed for their searches.

I contacted Santander again advising that the MBNA (who also contacted Santander) part had been dealt with and eventual PPI had been settled and that they were responsible for SAR details prior period up to March 2003.

Today I received a further response from Santander (see attached letter) in which seems a bit confusing so I thought I would give them a call.

After being passed from pillar to post, I eventually got transferred to the PPI complaints department and spoke to someone who advised that she maybe able to help :shock:

Well she basically told me that she couldn't find any trace of any SAR detail request :-x

She then proceeded to lodge a complaint, bless her and then had the audacity to start asking me questions about how the PPI was sold ???? I told her in no uncertain terms that I refuse to discuss this over the phone (was I within my rights to do so?) and that my original complaint was in respect of submission of SAR !

Are this lot for real ? They must be the worst in the industry for their customer services !!!

So my questions are in respect of what to do next ? Failure to comply letter as 40 days exceeded and cashed cheque but no details ? A formal complaint to the ICO and FOS ?

Also perhaps an e-mail to Santander CEO regarding the appalling customer service ?

Sorry to bleat on but they are so difficult to deal with, especially with such a straight forward request in which after all this time has not even been addressed. :mad2:

formal complaint to Ana Botin usually gets matters sorted

Santander (Abbey, Alliance & Leicester)

Ana Botin ([email protected])

Abbey National House

2 Triton Square

Regent's Place

London

NW1 3AN

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

formal complaint to Ana Botin usually gets matters sorted

Santander (Abbey, Alliance & Leicester)

Ana Botin ([email protected])

Abbey National House

2 Triton Square

Regent's Place

London

NW1 3AN

Thanks theoldrouge,

Would you put it in writing or would via email be suffice ?

• 2 weeks later...

I Just had my PPI claim up-held by Santander and they have now made me an offer.

Please can someone kindly confirm that the following calculations look correct :-

First PPI payment April 1998

Last PPI payment Feb 2003

Full refund of PPI Payments £379.90

plus 8% simple interest £425.35

Less Tax from gross interest £ 85.06

Net interest paid £340.29

Net offer figure £720.19

Thanks for looking

g/l

There is no way for any of us to know.

Have you got all of the statements?

Sorry ims21 what I meant was, the way they have explained / worded the calculation.

And no I did not have all of the statements but they made a fair assumption regarding missing info.

Cheers

Baz

Hi

I have recently sent in a SAR request to Sanatander regarding and Alliance & leicester credit card i took out in 1999. I received a letter similar to yours asking me to contact MBNA, which I had already done. The letter is not very clear so I am not sure whether they are going to do a search for the years they are responsible for or if they are just saying contact MBNA its nothing to do with us.

I notice you got a refund from them in the end. Did you make a complaint to the CEO and did you ever receive anything back from your Sar or did you just put a claim in for the PPI.

Just after a bit of guidance as to what to do next.

Hi

I have recently sent in a SAR request to Sanatander regarding and Alliance & leicester credit card i took out in 1999. I received a letter similar to yours asking me to contact MBNA, which I had already done. The letter is not very clear so I am not sure whether they are going to do a search for the years they are responsible for or if they are just saying contact MBNA its nothing to do with us.

I notice you got a refund from them in the end. Did you make a complaint to the CEO and did you ever receive anything back from your Sar or did you just put a claim in for the PPI.

Just after a bit of guidance as to what to do next.

Hi Jec,

My card was from 1998 - 2005 in which Satander were responsible up to March 2003 and MBNA thereafter.

I had originally had my ppi claim refused by MBNA but after recent publicity regarding the handling of complaints by banks, they wrote to me and made me an offer in which I accepted. Then they advised me that they would be contacting Santander regarding the pre 2003 period but I did anyway and I also requested an SAR.

Well the SAR is another story, kept getting fobbed off with no this, no that, contact MBNA etc etc but in the meantime I had found some old statements in which I sent to Santander and after refusing their first offer, I have now accepted their latest. I also mentioned that if any new details turn-up in which I did not previously have, I will be submitting a further claim for the difference !

Once funds are in my account, I will then send something off to all and sundry regarding my complaint as they are the worse of the worse ! I have logged everything and I will be putting in another claim to the CEO for the inconvenience etc.

So my advice is do the same and keep asking for details don't give up !