Erudio chasing 1997 CCJ

damer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2673 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In 2002 whilst buying a house, I discovered I had a CCJ that had been served on another property I owned in 1997. I paid it and had it discharged. I have a letter from the Court in 2002 that there are no outstanding CCJ lodged against me.

Since that time I have bought a house, remortgaged, received numerous sources of credit, all of which I have never fallen into arrears with. I have also been a Director of several companies, and appeared numerous times in trade and professional publications. I also have an unusual name so I have been easy to contact if people wanted to get in touch, old school friends ex-colleagues etc etc.

I have now been contacted by someone claiming another CCJ was issued against me in 1997. If it had I knew absolutely nothing about this, and as I say it wasn't uncovered in 2002.

Am I being scammed? I don't want to get into protracted dialogue with these people and I'm tempted to just ignore it.

Any advice?

In 2002 whilst buying a house, I discovered I had a CCJ that had been served on another property I owned in 1997. I paid it and had it discharged. I have a letter from the Court in 2002 that there are no outstanding CCJ lodged against me.

Since that time I have bought a house, remortgaged, received numerous sources of credit, all of which I have never fallen into arrears with. I have also been a Director of several companies, and appeared numerous times in trade and professional publications. I also have an unusual name so I have been easy to contact if people wanted to get in touch, old school friends ex-colleagues etc etc.

I have now been contacted by someone claiming another CCJ was issued against me in 1997. If it had I knew absolutely nothing about this, and as I say it wasn't uncovered in 2002.

Am I being [problem]med? I don't want to get into protracted dialogue with these people and I'm tempted to just ignore it.

Any advice?

Hi welcome to CAG,

This1997 judgement will not appear on credit reference files now and cannot be put back.

If the claimant has not made any attempt to enforce the judgement since 1997 the likelihood is that no court will allow further action.

The debt if that what it is still exists, but getting any benefit from the judgement is as said very unlikely.

Who is claiming that this judgement was made, have they stated what it for?

A little more information will allow better advice.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

They claim to be acting for a company that bought apparently bought a portfolio of Student Loans debt from 1990.

I don't know about anyone else but I don't keep paperwork going back 24 years.

Which company? is it erudio?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yes

There are a number of these cropping up now, another CAG user has the same problem right now.

In my opinion ignore them, with a CCJ this old although the debt is still payable it is highly unlikely

that a court would entertain any attempt to enforce it.

So don't worry, it is not on credit reference files and cannot be put back, so all Erudio can to is ask/beg for payment.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

own thread created.

third one rodeo have tried to spoof people on this week.

little fleecers!!!

that's arrows DCA for you!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I think your spell checker turned erudio into rodeo?

I sent a letter yesterday to them saying I know nothing of alleged debt, & I believe any claim would be statute barred regardless. Then today they are making the CCJ claim.

Hence why I have been asking.

Sorry not sure what the last line of your post meant.

I think your spell checker turned erudio into rodeo?

I sent a letter yesterday to them saying I know nothing of alleged debt, & I believe any claim would be statute barred regardless. Then today they are making the CCJ claim.

Hence why I have been asking.

Sorry not sure what the last line of your post meant.

The day a County Court Claim is issued the six year Stat Barred clock stops.

The debt does not become SB the Judgement takes precedence overall.

The debt remains payable But it will be extremely difficult to attempt to enforce the judgement.

no spelt it right

they try and run rodeo over al the rules governing debt collection and student loans.

no the debt sadly is not SB'd, no debt is once a CCj has been attained and the CCJ remains unsatisfied.

however

as explained, they were not the claimant

who

have and 13yrs now to enforce the CCJ.

they have not

so not only would any judge tell the Original Claimant, in simple words ,

were they to try and enforce through a court, you're are too late, you've have XXyrs

anyone purchasing a debt with a CCJ, would NOT be the original claimant

so

they would have to get themselves substituted as the claimant

[even rarer than hens teeth]

they'd also have to convince the judge to enforce it.....urmm..pigs will fly too...

quite hnstly I would have ignored rodeo.

now you've started letter tennis

and got it wrong

they'll think they can mug you.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...