RBS Mastercard / MINT C/Card ppi question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just been advised that my PPI claim with RBS Mastercard has been upheld.

I have most of my statements just a few missing and wondered if someone could kindly advise what is the correct spreadsheet to use in calculating amount of rebate ?

I am just awaiting an offer from bank but wanted to have a benchmark figure in my own mind.

Thanks

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

You will need this one for a credit card. Just follow the instructions contained in the sheet.

[ATTACH]49684[/ATTACH]

Thanks ims

Sorry for silly questions re entering figures but do I enter :-

1) Monthly spend - what it says or latest card balance ?

2) Monthly payment - what it says or new card balance ?

3) PPI Premium - what I've been charged this month ?

4) Interest rate - 17.90% APR ?

Thanks

Thanks ims

Sorry for silly questions re entering figures but do I enter :-

1) Monthly spend - what it says or latest card balance ?

Monthly spend is the total amount spent on the card in the month, including any interest, PPI premium, cash advances etc.

2) Monthly payment - what it says or new card balance ?

Monthly payment is the total of payments you made on the card for the month

3) PPI Premium - what I've been charged this month ?

Yes

4) Interest rate - 17.90% APR ?

If that is the rate they were charging you on the card then yes.

Thanks

ims

ims

Cheers again ims thats a lot clearer now.

Just another question if you dont mind, this account was defaulted a few years ago due to financial problems and I currently have a repayment plan with a third party handling this, in which I have been abiding to.

I know that if redress is less than balance owing RBS will offset against debt owing which I don't mind but what happens to the 8% Simple Interest amount - Is this also applied to debt ?

Sorry Ims just looking at spreadsheet again.

The card balance field - is that the latest monthly balance or previous monthly balance ?

Considering this account is from 1998 onwards, I am wondering whether it is worthwhile requesting a SAR for any missing statements that I might not have ?

You need to read the instructions on the sheet.

The card balance field is automatically calculated, you don't enter anything in there.

You can always SAR but you may not get anything older than six years.

You need to read the instructions on the sheet.

The card balance field is automatically calculated, you don't enter anything in there.

You can always SAR but you may not get anything older than six years.

OK many thanks for your help again

• 5 months later...

Ok received SAR details for both cards but RBS could only provide statements from October 2001 onwards.

Cards taken out late 1998 so obviously there were quite a few statements missing in which I have managed to find about 50% of them in the loft.

Original ppi claims submitted to RBS in April 2012 in which were rejected and passed to FOS who up-held my complaint but bank still holding out and apparently FOS are trying to negotiate a settlement figure ?

Anyway, I have taken copies of missing statements - do I now send to FOS adjudicator handling my case ?

probably yes you need to prove you were charged XX& interest on the PPI for that period.

give them a quick ring or email

might be easier to PDF them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

probably yes you need to prove you were charged XX& interest on the PPI for that period.

give them a quick ring or email

might be easier to PDF them.

dx

Cheers dx

I will do so tonight thanks via e-mail :wink:

• 4 months later...

Need some expert advice regarding my RBS PPI complaints.

Just to recap regarding my complaint :-

PPI Complaint Aug 2012

Rejected by RBS Oct 2012

Submitted to FOS Oct 2012

Upheld by FOS Adjudicator April 2013 but still rejected by RBS

Told to be patient by FOS as negotiating rather than going to Ombudsman ?

Well in November 2014, I finally received a letter from FOS advising that the bank would be making me an offer.

December 2014 receive a letter from RBS thanking me for accepting their offer ???

Also attached to letter was a customer offer calculations breakdown in which I thought was very brief. So I contacted the FOS adjudicator complaining in what I had received and that there was nothing to sign and return, to agree to their offer and they had quoted the above mentioned.

There is no mention as to what period the refund is in respect of, how many months paid, no mention of any interest APR % used etc

I added that I was expecting a more explanatory breakdown as I believed that I was entitled to this as per FSA/FCA handbook but I was basically told that due to complexed calculations that I may not receive anything further ????

Anyway I tried contacting RBS but the person dealing with my complaint was away, so I submitted a further complaint in writing on 13th December 2014 (yet to receive a reply) requesting details previously mentioned.

The account is with their in-house debt management team in which I have had a repayment plan in place for a few years, so I do not have a problem with the amount being deducted from arrears, it's just that I had calculated a larger figure and I would have appreciated a bit more detail, including the opportunity to accept / decline offer.

I am also confused regarding their comment on the offer sheet in respect of............."plus additional interest for delay from when we informed you the complaint was put on hold £0.00 " - Should I have been entitled to some sort of refund as the complaint was originally upheld in April 2013 ?

And today I received a monthly statement, and now they have already deducted the disputed amount from my balance !

Any advice what to do next would be appreciated and do I still have a case for further complaint, not only with the way FOS handled it but also RBS actions without my acceptance ?

I have attached edited letters for information and I would also be interested to know if anyone has experienced the same.

• 3 months later...

I originally had a PPI complaint up-held by the ombudsman in April 2013 in which the bank continuously refused. After various negotiations between the parties involved and being told to be patient I eventually was refunded by the bank in December 2014.

FOS sent me a letter advising that I would recieve offer details to agree to but on the sameday I recieved a letter from RBS thanking me for my acceptance and that the day before they had already applied refund to my credit card account arrears.

Therefore even though I had previously mentioned my financial hardship status and that I had priority debts to pay I feel that I was not given an opportunity to make an informed choice of acceptance to what was offered.

I had my own calculations in which differed to their offer, so additionally I requested a breakdown (monthly premium amounts plus interest ) of figure offered in which the bank have refused to submit. I contacted the ombudsman mentioning the above but they told me that this may have been due to the complexity of the calculations.

Am I still within in my rights to pursue my request or do I just accept the figure mentioned and be done with it ?

Thank-you

if you havent formally accepted anything, then within rights to object/complain?

fos and banks maybe are seemingly in 'cahoots', imo. as seen in another thread where bank went to fos without individuals knowledge.

if you havent formally accepted anything, then within rights to object/complain?

fos and banks maybe are seemingly in 'cahoots', imo. as seen in another thread where bank went to fos without individuals knowledge.

Well that's just it Ford, I didn't even get the chance to accept. It was negotiated apparently between FOS and the bank and I was basically told to not get involved as the matter was being dealt with.

Sounds similar to my situation but who do I further complain to if FOS are not addressing correctly ? Am I still within my rights to request a breakdown of the figure offered ?

not sure, fca maybe

i wld've thought you wld be given a settlement offer/decision, for you then to decide whether to accept or not. was it an ombudsman decision?

the thread i referred to is here # 72 on, apparently being reported

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?442013-I-have-issued-a-Court-claim-for-an-incorrect-default/page4

not sure, fca maybe

i wld've thought you wld be given a settlement offer/decision, for you then to decide whether to accept or not. was it an ombudsman decision?

the thread i referred to is here # 72 on, apparently being reported

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?442013-I-have-issued-a-Court-claim-for-an-incorrect-default/page4

Ok cheers Ford.

It was up-held by the adjudicator but the bank did not agree until much later. When I asked why were they disputing their decision, I was told that the parties involved were negotiating a settlement rather than being referred to the ombudsman. It was a clear cut case of PPI mis-selling but for some reason the bank didnt see it that way at first :shock:

Hi Baz,

I've moved this thread to the PPI Forum, should be better in there.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Ok cheers Ford.

It was up-held by the adjudicator but the bank did not agree until much later. When I asked why were they disputing their decision, I was told that the parties involved were negotiating a settlement rather than being referred to the ombudsman. It was a clear cut case of PPI mis-selling but for some reason the bank didnt see it that way at first :shock:

ok. did you accept the adj decision, the bank didnt, then the bank trying to negotiate with the fos something instead. then they accepted the adj decision? without the fos informing you? an adj decision usually allows for it to be progressed to an ombudsman.

seems then maybe an ombudsman decision cld still be open?

and if there has been improper fos procedure, then a complaint re that maybe?

how far off are they from what you want?

even if they have paid out something, you cld poss say what has been paid is not accepted in full settlement atm?

ok. did you accept the adj decision, the bank didnt, then the bank trying to negotiate with the fos something instead. then they accepted the adj decision? without the fos informing you? an adj decision usually allows for it to be progressed to an ombudsman.

seems then maybe an ombudsman decision cld still be open?

and if there has been improper fos procedure, then a complaint re that maybe?

how far off are they from what you want?

even if they have paid out something, you cld poss say what has been paid is not accepted in full settlement atm?

That's correct Ford but it took the bank over a year to finally agree to the adjusters decision. There were no figures mentioned until similtaneous letters in December 2014 from FOS and RBS thanking me for accepting the offer ???? There was no breakdown but just a figure in which I differed as I had older statements.

This is why I queried their figures and requesting a breakdown of monthly individual premiums and interest, in which they have refused to do.

Also they applied the amount to my credit card arrears a day before their dated offer letter to me, giving me no chance of submitting priority debt details even though both parties were aware of my circumstances.

Surely I am entitled to full breakdown of the settlement amount and any other compensation for the banks delay without any reason ? Also who would I submit a complaint to regarding the FOS actions, as I believe that they have negotiated a settlement for the bank to conform. I thought that FOS were an independant entity and that both parties are considered before their final decision ?

• 4 months later...

Received offer from bank only quoting Total Refund of PPI Premium plus associated interest paid to date figure.

No mention of any statutory interest less tax ?

Are associated interest and compound interest the same ?

I had previously requested a further breakdown but bank have refused and say it is in line with FOS calculations.

Am I within my rights to request a more detailed breakdown ? If not how am I supposed to check calculations ?

Thanks

yes

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...