JSA will be stopped.

yesitsme
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, just had a bad morning with a new advisor at the job centre, handed in my work sheet, and she said is this it a piece of paper why not on UJM, i told her that i always write it down there is no problem with this with the other advisors, she than said she wanted proof of what i had applied for which is no problem i got them all on email on my phone, each date she asked for i had the email, she then got ****ty with me and told me i must show which ones are full time or part time because to claim JSA it must be full time only, do any of you know if this is true. thanks in advance.

I would argue untrue as there is nothing to stop you getting a part time job and looking for another part time job to fit around the other.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I think you are right, she just told me to come back before four o'clock and prove that they are all full time jobs or my payments will be stopped, i have done all what it states in my JSA agreement so there is no trouble with that,i will just have to find some proof that she has just made it up.

Wait for others advice but i would tell her you are seeking full time work even if that means multiple jobs. You would like her to put in writing that you are only supposed to be applying for full time jobs and show you the handbook extract that says you are only to apply for full time jobs.

Then ask to talk to the centre manager

I think you are right, she just told me to come back before four o'clock and prove that they are all full time jobs or my payments will be stopped, i have done all what it states in my JSA agreement so there is no trouble with that,i will just have to find some proof that she has just made it up.

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

to be honest u can apply for any part time or full time hours " to claim JSA it must be full time only" that is a lot of bull s*** as i am on jsa and i apply for part time or full time hours and they cant do a think if u apply for a job as you are looking for work so any work u can do is something u can apply for and dont take any crap of this adviser ask her to prove that to claim jsa it must be full time only.

I told her all what you have said, and she told me she has not got time to show me the handbook where it states that you must only apply for full time jobs, i asked for the manager and she said that there is none on duty, thats when i thought all what you have said is bull****.

yes you will be considered for sanction for failing to attend sign on or appointment. It also will be more than 4 weeks for subsequent failures.

OP - Demand to see the duty manager, dont take that BS. Say you wish to make a formal complaint. Stay calm but remain assertive

yes you will be considered for sanction for failing to attend sign on or appointment. It also will be more than 4 weeks for subsequent failures.

OP - Demand to see the duty manager, dont take that BS. Say you wish to make a formal complaint. Stay calm but remain assertive

ye thought this it is due to an appointment i was suppose to have on monday next week and when i went in for a weekly sign on which my adviser told me i did not need to come in took my monday appointment and did it on wed there and she gave me a new appointment for few weeks and called today to see if there the monday appointment was still on my job seeker profile but this person who i spoke to me told me there was no mention of a monday appointment on the system so should be fine eh? its just in case i did not turn up and basically put me down as not attend as they should know am not attending. yeh its been over a 2 year i think since i last had a sanction which i got my money all returned as there should never have been a sanction in the first place.

I told her all what you have said, and she told me she has not got time to show me the handbook where it states that you must only apply for full time jobs, i asked for the manager and she said that there is none on duty, thats when i thought all what you have said is bull****.

they will never show u anything to do with rules when they cant back up there story but if there is a rule u broke then they would not be long and showing you.

the managers never seem to be in at any time when u ask for them probably because they dont want to let the manager know that they are talking a lot of bulls*** and making up there own rules

Should i go back today at 4 without the proof of full or part time or leave it until next week, and just send some letters off today to complain.

if u have prove of some or all the jobs u have applied for then take them.

did your adviser say anything if u dont turn up at 4?

i would complain also as if the rules are u must apply for full time work on jsa then the adviser should prove this to u when u ask and also i am on jsa and i applied for part and full time work and no problems at all and why should there be its work that i can do that i am applying for.

I showed her proof of all the jobs i applied for, the only thing she said was that i must provide proof of the ones that i applied for was full time, she told me if they are not all full time then my money would stop, which some are full and some are part,so my money will be stopped if i go up there or no.

I showed her proof of all the jobs i applied for, the only thing she said was that i must provide proof of the ones that i applied for was full time, she told me if they are not all full time then my money would stop, which some are full and some are part,so my money will be stopped if i go up there or no.

i cant believe that they are saying this stuff to do! they cant use u must apply for full time work on jsa as a sanction as there are no rules to back them up surely and i hope other people on here who are on jsa will let u know more about this to.

u could phone them up and ask them how to complain as they can not do this to u as its not like you are sitting applying for 0 jobs u are applying for jobs so i dont see the big fuss about them telling u you must apply for full time jobs.

If they try to sanction you on these grounds you would have a good means of appeal, especially if there is nothing in your handbook that says you can only apply for full time jobs!

ye i agree u would surely have good means of appeal as i have never heard such silly made up rules in all my life!

When you go back, record the conversation on your mobile phone - you needn't tell her you're doing it - and get her to clearly repeat what she said so you have evidence which you can transcribe into a letter of complaint. She's talking utter b*llocks - you can apply for both full and part-time jobs and I've never heard of any other advisers saying that jobsearch should be 'full-time vacancies' only. Sounds like she's just trying to find something to keep her sanction targets up and hoping you don't know the rules.

Being 'too busy' to show you the official rules is the standard answer they give and just means that she knows she's in the wrong - I'm had this myself but was prepared with the correct guidance and it shut the adviser up immediately.

Hope you get it sorted out. If there's no manager about - and I find that hard to believe - tell her you'll take it straight to the District Manager.

When you go back, record the conversation on your mobile phone - you needn't tell her you're doing it - and get her to clearly repeat what she said so you have evidence which you can transcribe into a letter of complaint. She's talking utter b*llocks - you can apply for both full and part-time jobs and I've never heard of any other advisers saying that jobsearch should be 'full-time vacancies' only. Sounds like she's just trying to find something to keep her sanction targets up and hoping you don't know the rules.

Being 'too busy' to show you the official rules is the standard answer they give and just means that she knows she's in the wrong - I'm had this myself but was prepared with the correct guidance and it shut the adviser up immediately.

Hope you get it sorted out. If there's no manager about - and I find that hard to believe - tell her you'll take it straight to the District Manager.

i agree if he can record it then do it to give u evidence good to see u agree that u have never heard of u must apply for full time vacancies only plus if u dont apply for part time jobs as well that could go down as not looking for all types of work etc.

ye there rules only come out when there right and your wrong but not when they know they are wrong.

I don't know what sort of training this so called adviser had but to claim JSA you do not need to look only for FT work as your JSA is based on earnings. i.e. if you worked minimum wage for say 4 hours and earnt say £30.00 then your JSA is calculated accordingly i.e. £72.40 (if over 25) less the £30.00 earnt plus £5 disregarded (I think) so your JSA payment would be £47.40p/w. Please bear in mind the JCP/WP/DWP want their figures down and want you in work no matter how many hours or what the pay is as they see it as a result - you could end up being a lot worse off with travel, expenses such as prescriptions and council tax amount so be careful. My old adviser at INGEUS tried to tell me I would be better off working 16 hours a week in a town near me - little did she know I produced a spreadhseet after doing some research and calculations that showed my wage less travel and other expenses would mean I was £5.25p/w worse off than on JSA and that would also mean working for it and getting no reward - whilst I would love to work I won't work in a ****ty job paying sod all just so I can be seen as working - especially after being on a salary of £30k+ bonuses.

Due to the stress of JCP and INGEUS I had a minio breakdown from being treated like dirt and am now on a 3 monthe ESA claim which could be extended if I do not improve. No way am I working for sod all to satisfy these people. I hate claiming benefits but will continue to do so until I feel I am ready to work and the salary meets MY needs not others.

Hi all, thanks for all the advice, i have just come off the phone after 40mins making a complaint against the advisor the girl on the phone did tell me that if you apply for part time work only they would question my job seeking, but like i told her most of them were full time, i also told her that she refused to get me a manager when i asked for one, that did not go down well, i will get a copy of the complaint so will wait and see. thanks everyone for the help today will keep you posted on the outcome.

Hi all, thanks for all the advice, i have just come off the phone after 40mins making a complaint against the advisor the girl on the phone did tell me that if you apply for part time work only they would question my job seeking, but like i told her most of them were full time, i also told her that she refused to get me a manager when i asked for one, that did not go down well, i will get a copy of the complaint so will wait and see. thanks everyone for the help today will keep you posted on the outcome.

good on you! u had every right to complain they should not treat u like that!

ye it would be different if u were only applying for just part time as u need to apply for both part and full time jobs.

ye hopefully u get the complaint few days and ye do keep us posted anything .

Never thought of that, but they would have some reply to come out with, whatever you say they will make up some untruth to tell you, but i will remember what you have said for when i see them next.

The BS adviser is properly trying to prove she is worth the adviser job but really she is just bullying you!

At least u are applying for part time and full time jobs then I see no reason to sanction you?! If u did nothing then yeah sanction you but u are making the effort and that's all that matters. Back up everything. I DON'T trust them in there and never will do!!!!:-(

RLP are a con PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM TO DO MORE! IGNORE ALL LETTERS AND CALLS! :)

Plain and simple rule now for anyone attending JCP is to take some device capable of recording audio or video and audio.

Do not tell them your recording just do it, Then when they slip up trying to get a sanction to keep to their targets you have them

plain and simple. The audio/video can be transcribed and used as evidence.

George