Queue jumping charge for calls to EE ***How stupid can they be?***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2432 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

??

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Mobile phone company EE has introduced a charge for jumping the queue on customer service calls.

Callers are invited by an automated message to use the priority service for a flat fee of 50 pence.

Some customers, especially those who have been with the company for years, are unhappy that calls are not treated equally.

But EE said that they had set high standards for their customer service operations.

One customer - Andrew Griffiths - told BBC Radio 4's You and Yours that he would consider switching if EE was the only firm to do this.

It added that the "small charges" for certain services contributed to the investment in this side of the business.

'Bad idea' The priority answering system is similar in some ways to queue jumping charges at airports and theme parks.

The service has been available for a week to customers on pay monthly on Sim-only plans.

"I thought it was a bad idea for a company to offer to provide what really ought to be a standard level of customer service for a fee," he said.

"It makes you think that perhaps they might not be trying too hard to answer the non-prioritised calls."

If it's even remotely successful (well, profitable) then you can guarantee that EE wont be the only one to do this, and it almost certainly wont stay unique to the mobile phone industry either.

I called EE earlier today and heard the automated message offering me to queue jump for 50p. I obviously wouldn't pay, so chose the option to wait in the queue. I was answered approx 10 seconds later and had my query dealt with.

This then poses the issue on how many people will pay the 50p, when there simply is no queue to jump? A little bit like the queue jumping charged schemes at a theme park, but there's no one waiting anyway, but you're blindfolded and can't see that. (sorry for my poor analogy!). Maybe only making this service available when the waiting time only longer than 4 minutes might make this fairer, and therefore a little easier to stomach. Just my thought.

They've got it all wrong, they should have Bronze at 50p, Silver at 75p and Gold at £1.00.

The Gold greeting, 'yes me lord',

The Silver greeting,'how can I help you?'

The Bronze greeting, 'yeah mate'

My daughter spent over 4 hours trying to get her contract cancelled with Orange last night! Would paying 50p have speeded this up? And what ever happened to the British way of first come first serve?

Rebel11

You seem to have overlooked Diamond £2 (for government employees)

and Platinum (they call you) but this is only for people on a special top secret list

which I haven't managed to hack yet

Stay focused

• 3 weeks later...

If true that is shocking. Record it.

EE charge PAYG customers 25p just to speak to a customer service advisor, not even to queue jump ... said advisors then helpfully hang up on you so you have to ring back again, sit in a queue for another twenty minutes to pay another 25p to speak to an advisor.