Been served notice on workshop.

steve1963
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was not really sure where to post this and I'm in a bit of a flap so please forgive me and point me in the right direction if necessary.

I sub-let a small workshop for my business and have been in there almost 18 months. The lease states a start date and then goes on goes to say it continues on a year to year basis until the tenant or landlord terminates.

Today the landlord served me notice and wants me out by sept 14th the lease does have what I believe is called a break clause which is worded as this

10.Upon 1 months notice , the landlord may terminate the tenancy under this lease without cause or reason.

It also offers this option to the tenant in section 11.

I'd like to understand my rights as far as this goes 1 month is no time at all to find another place and shift my stuff, I'd like to stay if possible as I have spent quite a bit of money on the place.

Just to clarify I have not breached any conditions and rent is up to date.

Thanks.

Hi,

I was not really sure where to post this and I'm in a bit of a flap so please forgive me and point me in the right direction if necessary.

I sub-let a small workshop for my business and have been in there almost 18 months. The lease states a start date and then goes on goes to say it continues on a year to year basis until the tenant or landlord terminates.

Today the landlord served me notice and wants me out by sept 14th the lease does have what I believe is called a break clause which is worded as this

10.Upon 1 months notice , the landlord may terminate the tenancy under this lease without cause or reason.

It also offers this option to the tenant in section 11.

I'd like to understand my rights as far as this goes 1 month is no time at all to find another place and shift my stuff, I'd like to stay if possible as I have spent quite a bit of money on the place.

Just to clarify I have not breached any conditions and rent is up to date.

Thanks.

What interval is the rent paid?

Do you have "exclusive possession"?

How is the agreement described in its title?

not sure LL can end until end of lease, i.e towards end of yearly period! with six months min notice, see below!

you may need legal advice to check if lease is covered by LL and tenant act.

this may help.

https://www.gov.uk/terminating-a-commercial-property-lease-early

and http://www.propnews.co.uk/issues/2013/01/articles/77/how-to-end-a-business-lease/

and http://www.vertogrouplegal.com/how-do-i-terminate-or-renew-a-business-tenancy/