BankFodder BankFodder

daisyoscar

Hit and run on my truck

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2054 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

In need of some advice.

Someone has hit my warrior truck on the passenger side and just drove off and left it.

The insurance company are sending me to arnold clark to have it looked at. One garage I called into today said that it would cost £2500 to put the work right as the truck has a double skin.

Now my problem is, that they are saying that if arnold clark finds the total amount to fix the truck more that 50% of the trucks value that it will be written off.

Can I try and buy the truck back from the insurance company?

Do I have the right to refuse any work done by anrold clark?

This truck is so special to me as this was the last thing that my late husband bought me as a huge surprise. So really do not want to get rid of this.

Any advice helpful, as I am totally on my own now I find trying to solve problems like this a total nightmare, as my husband did everything in the car department for me.

Kaz

if you are in surrey I know of a paintshop that are the cheapest anywhere

yes you can ask the insurance company to buy the truck back should it be written off......i have purchase 2 of the cars we have had written off without any problems.

UNDER NO circumstances allow that firm to work on your car.