BankFodder BankFodder

Still_surviving

Old OPC parking ticket rears its head again

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 828 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can someone please help with a matter that seems outside of the POPLA remit, in that the original ticket was issued well before 1 October 2012.....

My brother came to visit me at the residential flats where I live, and parked in a visitors bay with my permission.

When he returned to his car he had been ticketed by OPC for failure to display a visitors permit. This was news to me as I had already lived here for 10 years by then and never been sent any such thing.

In any event, we ignored their speculative invoice as per the advice at the time and thought it had gone away.

Yesterday they sent a 'Without Prejudice save as to costs' letter offering to drop the penalty from £100 to £90 if paid within seven days letter. They also state legal proceeding are about to be commenced, and we cannot draw the letter to the attention of the court.

I will scan the letter up when I get home, but what is the procedure for dealing with claims where POPLA cannot get involved? Do I still appeal in writing to OPC and wait for a rejection letter and possible court papers?

Bit confused as to why theyve waited this long.....

Card 1 - Charges reclaim £464 + Interest...ongoing

Card 2 - Charges reclaim £520 + Interest...ongoing

Card 3 - Charges reclaim £396 + £1179 Imterest **WON**

Card 4 - Charges reclaim £296 + £147 Interest **WON**

------------------------------------------------------------

4 x CCA requests

1 received.....Blank Application Form

1 received.....Terms & Conditions

1 received.....Sent agreement relating to a previous card :confused:

1 response....Have lost the agreement :)

would just ignore, and should they issue a county court claim , you should be able to win it on the Not A Genuine Pre Estimate of Loss defence as well as y0u being a resident in that location.

other may be along to confirm

would just ignore, and should they issue a county court claim , you should be able to win it on the Not A Genuine Pre Estimate of Loss defence as well as y0u being a resident in that location.

other may be along to confirm

I would agree with that. .....

See what the "Legal Crew" think

But it perhaps wouldn't hurt to write one letter saying you deny any responsibility for the charge and will defend any proceedings vigorously. If they issue the court may not be happy with you ignoring and knowing you're not just going to roll over and pay up might stop them issuing anyway.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Sorry....wasnt accurate in my original post apparently.....we did write to them originally, just the once telling them he was parked in a visitors bay with the residents consent, but they werent interested (surprise).

In any event, here is a link to the letter received

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/Still_surviving/OPCLetter.jpg

Just out of interest, do these parking vermin carry sophisticated cameras? as it was dark and raining when the ticket was issued and it would take a good photographer to prove any permit was or wasnt displayed.

4 x CCA requests

as it was dark and raining when the ticket was issued and it would take a good photographer to prove any permit was or wasnt displayed.

And there lies another point for a defence, did you have access to the photos that the issuing attendant had taken?

Sorry....wasnt accurate in my original post apparently.....we did write to them originally, just the once telling them he was parked in a visitors bay with the residents consent, but they werent interested (surprise).

In any event, here is a link to the letter received

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/Still_surviving/OPCLetter.jpg

Just out of interest, do these parking vermin carry sophisticated cameras? as it was dark and raining when the ticket was issued and it would take a good photographer to prove any permit was or wasnt displayed.

Did you appeal the NTD ( windscreen ticket ), or a NTK( Notice To Keeper ) in the post?

Was the drivers name and address given to OPC?

The reason for the offer of a reduced amount is because they have no legal claim to get a penny, let alone £100. Just ignore. If they were really serious they wouldnt send a without prejudice letter but a LBA.

This is most likely one of a large number of begging letters sent out by these companies in the hope that people will be confused enough to pay up rather than consider the alternative-that the parking co has shot its bolt as far as going down the legal route is concerned.

Over 3 years later, my brother has had yet another OPC chase up letter....over 5 years since the original incident

Usual threatogram advising to him pay or will consider immediate court action. My initial reaction was to file it with all the others, however he was concerned that the advice on other consumer sites is now not to ignore such letters, and send in a sternly worded letter stating your intention to defend any action etc

Seeing as CAG has steered me right on all other matters, and that this is so old it is outside POPLA, I would appreciate some confirmation of correct action

Given that it was dark, peeing with rain, he was visiting me and can call me as a witness, surely this one is a load of old bull?

4 x CCA requests

who has sent the threatogram, the parking co or a dca? If the latter then it can be ignored like all other dca letters. If from the parking co then a letter in response may be wise according to the content. From what you say no response is required to this one.

The advice about not to ignore things is not the same as a need to respond, each letter has to be taken on its merits rather than binning the lot as was safe to do so before.

No need to mention POPLA, it didnt exist at ther time so they cant ever get involved.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

These fools are on a hiding to nowhere if they persist, truly desperate clowns.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

If they persist and start a bombardment of letters or get hold of his phone number and keep phoning and texting could always remind them about the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 about such contact especially regarding a debt they cannot lawfully enforce or take to court.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!