Could I get sanctioned for not going for the job?

Alfie29
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Yesterday I was asked if i wanted to apply for a office job I said yes but was never told it was mandatory. But the pay was quite low and I need to pay my parents rent, get food and bus there and back also my fone bill (mobile). I would be worse off with the job to be... but I'm scared they will not understand that as it was my personal adviser who pointed this job out to me and foned for me to go for the interview which is on Friday.

I'm worried :/

RLP are a con PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM TO DO MORE! IGNORE ALL LETTERS AND CALLS! :)

Go for the interview. There is no guarantee you would get it anyway and there are (subtle) ways to make sure you don't such as appearing to only be interested in how long you get for lunch and what time you go home and how much holiday you get.

Unless it's huge travel expenses I can't see how you'd be worse off anyway - they have to pay at least minimum wage.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

But I choose to try for the job and the man weren't my adviser as the other guy I see was off ill.
That doesn't matter, as they will have logged it into the system and will contact them to ask about the interview and how it went. Also your travel expenses will be paid for by the DWP in the form of a bus pass.

And you need a very good reason to choose to turn down any suitable job, regardless of who found it/told you to apply for it. As I said, unless the travel costs are horrendous I can't see how you'd be worse off even if it's minimum wage.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

And you need a very good reason to choose to turn down any suitable job, regardless of who found it/told you to apply for it. As I said, unless the travel costs are horrendous I can't see how you'd be worse off even if it's minimum wage.

The OP said that they would be worse off so talking about minimum wage is irrelevent.

Adviser does not know that I have an interview and hope that he don't find out. It's not fair for me to lose out and the money is less that I can afford. I'd rather get an sanction if that is the case!

I'll just cover my tracks.

:-(

Belive me I want a job but the job is a nightmare to get to etc... sorry!

RLP are a con PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM TO DO MORE! IGNORE ALL LETTERS AND CALLS! :)

Would this have been a full time job?

£50 per week = 10 hours at £5 minimum wage (without tax). So at a 39 hour week should be around £195 a week.

I also find it hard to understand why you would be worse off.

My current job is a bus, and two trains, or a car ride and a train. About 1 and half hours to two hours.

The job center would find this reasonable.

I must agree.

There's plently of people out there on minimum wage who have loads of qualifications and experience (previously on high paid jobs) and who do not have the benefit of living with parents.

Explain why you would be worst off? Perhaps then you can be better advised.

Just a quick question - how do you expect to have a mortgage without getting a job first?

Also:

Looks like they are trying to find you a job, but you're maybe you're too comfortable on JSA?