fathers esa completely stopped

stardust80

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2664 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My father has dementia and had his benefit stopped completely from the 4th March because he did not attend his medical assessment, and his excuse for missing the interview wasn't good enough and hasn't recieved a penny since.

He had to re-apply for ESA as a new claim, even though he's been on long term. 10 years+.

When we phone the jobcentre and dwp, they just say his claim is still processing and when the doctor gets to read his file or some thing then they will get back to us. But how long will this take? He's had no money for 5 months now.

Please help someone.

Just about all you can do is pester - phone every day if you can until something is done. You also may be able to get your MP interested. It may not make things go any faster, but you should also make a formal complaint, in writing, to the benefit delivery centre concerned.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Hi stardust80

Get a letter from your fathers doctor/consultant, regarding his dementia. Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such, explain that the delay is unacceptable, that further information has been provided by your fathers doctor/consultant (attach).

Send it to:-

In the Subject field write the name of the Delivery Centre - XXXXXXXX benefit centre dealing with your claim. Don't forget to add a Ref. No.

Send it to :- [email protected] uk