Mamakin v HBOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ah right well I never had an overdraft at all..........theonly time the account is overdrawn is if they have taken charges to make it go overdrawn!!

I only have a cardcash account which doesn't allow me to buy anything or take cash out without it being available in my account.

So does that mean I shouldn't add interest except 8% at court stage??

I know they rec'd my LBA yesterday so just sitting waiting.......

Hi Mackem

Yeah in that case it's just charges for you. I wasn't going to bother with the overdraft interest...until I added it up and seen how much it was! Almost wish I hadn't now cause I would have been VERY happy with the £1800 offer. Oh well.

yeah mamakin...I will be overjoyed if I get my £2008 back, am wondering now though about the years previous to 2001. We incurred a few charges before then and have read the thread about claiming more than 6 years.

Don't know how to do that though as my LBA has already been received by halifax on 13/04/2007.

I have also sent SAR to our other account which is on hold/enquiry only and is actually a cardcash a/c OD by £29 due to charges.(this account is NOT allowed to go OD unless they do it themselves lol)

it has been that way for a few years so just waiting to see whats on those statements!!

Bit of advice needed.

I'm claiming £1833 total charges and £487.22 overdraft interest. Once a court claim is submitted it'd be a further £315.

They're tellimg me that at this stage, until a court claim is submitted, that can only offer me the total charges (£1833) and I would need to file to get anything else. Does this sound right, or has anyone heard of overdraft interest being refunded before court stages?

They don't like to pay overdraft interest, some even get it confused with the S.69 court interest (most who deal with the day to day claims are just admin staff), they said the same to me.

Personally I would file, I think you have given them more than a fair time to offer.

If you don't stick to your original timescale, the longer you give them, they will assume you are trying to avoid the court route, which is what we are trying to do.

Time for a bit of pressure.

Hang in there.

Sharkie

Sharkie - V - Woolwich = Won

Sharkie - V - Sainsbury's Visa = Won

Sharkie - V - HSBC = Won

Perscriptio in manibus tabellariorum est.

Sharkie

I caved.

Full charges £1833 accepted.

I really didn't want to, but it seemed the sensible thing to do. Although I could certainly use the extra that taking it to court would have given me, I needed this amount more, as it will clear my debts now and I can stop stressing about them.

All kinds of silly thoughts went through my head. What if this takes 3 months to run and in the meantime they find 'THE' loophole they're looking for. What if the OFT ruling states all charges above £12 have to be paid back. Silly I know, but I couldn't afford to risk losing the £1800.

It was the right decision. For me.

Well done mamakin. I too accepted the offer before court stage.

Congratulations again.

Jo

:)

• Haha 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

CONGRATULATIONS..!!:D :D

If the amount you claimed for has been offered then that is a win!

Well done. That is a nice amount to see appearing in your account.

And to be stress free is an added bonus.....:D

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Well my total asked for amount was £2300, but the charges only amounted to £1833.

I think what really spurred me on to settle was seeing how some people have had such a hard time and been really messed about. 40 days for statements, no offers, HAVING to file in court, waiting for a hearing date etc. And still not having any of their charges back as yet. This was offered to me so easily, that it seems rather reckless and a little greedy to press on for more, when this amount will help me immensely.

Thanks for all the help and support. Special thanks to Seaside Lady, Jowalshy and Alanfromderby :-)

I will be donating as soon as funds clear!

Well done mamakin

Its £1833 more than you'd ever think you'd have a few months ago. I feel the same way too,but sadly mine has a place to go so no spending spree for me(that is when i ever get it!)

Prelim Sent -27/02/07....

Response Letter rec'd -13/03/07....

LBA Sent -15/03/07...

Court claim due-30/03/07

Offer received(10p/cent short)-declined for full amount-28/03/07

Success FULL 6yr amount offered-29/03/07:D

........not yet received because they want me to accept conditions!!:(

That's very true. Thought I'd seen the last of those charges. Was a difficult decision. the extra £900 through going to court would have been spending money, but I went the sensible route and getting the bills paid is what needs doing.

How long have you been waiting for yours?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks