Egg/Barclaycard CC Default

zoookii
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2917 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

After splitting with my ex partner in 2008 I defaulted on my then Egg c/c. Since then I haven't made a payment or made contact.

Egg was taken over by Barclaycard and they started chasing me via letters for payment.

Recently MKDP have started sending letters demanding payment.

They have threatened to send round a debt collection guy to collect payment, and gave me 14 days to settle.

When this happened I found this forum and sent them a letter requesting the original credit agreement, as suggested on here.

Today they replied saying they are unable to resolve my query ATM. They are conducting a review which may include liaising with my original creditor.

What would be the correct next step please?

Thank you in advance.

Russ

Hi Zoookii and welcome to CAG

Did you send MKDP a formal CCA request with the £1 fee. If so, you need do nothing more for now - just wait and see how they come back.

Meantime, can you check whatever records you have to identify when you last made a payment to Egg.

If it is 6 years or more since you last paid Egg or made a written acknowledgement of the a/c, the debt may be Statute Barred. No need to mention this to MKDP for now though.

Please let us know about this date as best you can.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Zoookii and welcome to CAG

Did you send MKDP a formal CCA request with the £1 fee. If so, you need do nothing more for now - just wait and see how they come back.

Meantime, can you check whatever records you have to identify when you last made a payment to Egg.

If it is 6 years or more since you last paid Egg or made a written acknowledgement of the a/c, the debt may be Statute Barred. No need to mention this to MKDP for now though.

Please let us know about this date as best you can.

I did send a cca request with a £1 PO.

Looking at my credit report the last payment was actually made in Nov 2011 although that doesn't sound right...

Also I have noted that the account has changed back to Barclaycard on the credit report. It was showing as MKDP.

Cheers Russ

I did send a cca request with a £1 PO.

Looking at my credit report the last payment was actually made in Nov 2011 although that doesn't sound right...

Also I have noted that the account has changed back to Barclaycard on the credit report. It was showing as MKDP.

Cheers Russ

Not the first example of this I've seen over the last couple of months, it could be due to the

"problems" BC and Barclays have had with the way in which it has reported data to the CRAs

What is the default date on the new record from Barclays.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Zooo,

If that doesn't sound right to you, when do you think you last made a payment ?

As regards who now owns the a/c now, this can be looked into further as necessary when you get the CCA response, or further demands.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

What is the default date on the new record from Barclays.

The default date is showing as 09/06/2011

Hi Zooo,

If that doesn't sound right to you, when do you think you last made a payment ?

As regards who now owns the a/c now, this can be looked into further as necessary when you get the CCA response, or further demands.

I really can't remember...

Equifax are showing its barclays debt now. I have attached a pdf of the MKDP to barclaycard ammendments on my credit report.

The default date is showing as 09/06/2011

I really can't remember...

Equifax are showing its barclays debt now. I have attached a pdf of the MKDP to barclaycard ammendments on my credit report.

The CRA entry is showing the new data as being under MKDP?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

No, there is no entries under the MKDP name on my credit report.

Interestingly though the barclays entry shows that the balance has changed from £8,888 to £ 7,848??

Very strange

No, there is no entries under the MKDP name on my credit report.

Interestingly though the barclays entry shows that the balance has changed from £8,888 to £ 7,848??

Very strange

If you have not done so a SAR to Barclays would be a good idea.

The CRA Report in May looks to me like BC have written off the debt and MKDP have logged it under their name.

Send the SAR to BC at Northants by RM Signed For delivery.

Give them the last 4 digits that you have, your full name and the address(es) you were at when the a/c was running and your DoB.

Include the £10 Fee.

The CRA Report in May looks to me like BC have written off the debt and MKDP have logged it under their name.

Send the SAR to BC at Northants by RM Signed For delivery.

Give them the last 4 digits that you have, your full name and the address(es) you were at when the a/c was running and your DoB.

Include the £10 Fee.

Sent today :)

Thank you.

Excuse my ignorance and maybe stupid question..

If Barclays have written the debt off and MKDP logged it under their name, would MKDP not have to have a credit agreement signed by me to mean anything?

Surely I was in contract with Barclays?

Cheers

Excuse my ignorance and maybe stupid question..

If Barclays have written the debt off and MKDP logged it under their name, would MKDP not have to have a credit agreement signed by me to mean anything?

Surely I was in contract with Barclays?

No when debt are sold it is with the minimum of data, name/address/name of creditor/amount owing/ any available contact data, just one in portfolio of debts possibly with a face value in the millions of pounds.

Edited by slick132

• 7 months later...

Hi Guys,

Not been on here for a while now..

While I wait out the 6 years for the debt to go SB, is there a way to get my credit file looking better?

Currently due to the default im 321% over my card utilization.

Equifax says - The total amount you have borrowed on credit cards is a high proportion of your available limits

Anything I can do?

Cheers Russ

To correct your credit file, unlikly

However there is a way to fight back and potentially have some debts written off and maybe removed.

For credit cards, over limit fees and late payment fees are reclaimable with interest in restitution on top. A card with various fees going back to 2004 totalling £900 could be reaclaimed with 29.99% apr interest and depending on when they were levied, can be worth 4-5k

One such rough guide is here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?423713-Barclaycard-Link

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

• 11 months later...

Hi Guys,

Started using Noodle now as it's free.

Noticed that "Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Limited" are now listed on my credit file instead of MKDP

They are showing Defaults for Feb & March of this year.. Is this correct?

Cheers in advance.

doesn't matter

as long as they have not changed the original defaulted date

entered by the original creditor .

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...