On Universal Credit and missed the last 2 days of Sector based work academy

Ludichris19
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello I agreed to take part in a mandatory sector based work academy placement that I didn`t have to agree to but I took the opportunity to agree as it was only for 1 week. The big question is on the 4th and 5 th day I was and still am having some serious personal trouble at home.

I sent an email to one of the work programme staff at the centre to let them know that I was having personal trouble and I received an email saying "OK Kevin," in that exact format.

I saw my work coach advisor the following week and he never said anything to me but I did tell him I was/am having trouble at home and told him exactly what face to face but that was it.

The sector based work academy ended approx 3 weeks ago and I haven`t heard anything about being sanctioned or received a letter asking me questions about what the reason was and I do get paid Universal Credit in a week.

In the past I have received letters when I have informed them about a change in my circumstances and have also been told by letter when there was a slight rise in Universal Credit payment and when there the local jobcentre gave a wrong appointment date and I received a letter asking me questions why I did attend on that day which went in my favour due to the jobcentre admitting it was a fault on there part.

I still feel uneasy and anxious maybe its due to matters at home but a touch of it is because I keep thinking I will be sanctioned and not receive anything next week on my Universal Credit.

Really sorry on the long winded message on this issue. I`m just in fear if I have been sanctioned or could still get sanctioned as this whole system confuses me.

Edited by Ludichris19
Paras.

Sorry you've not had a response to this - Universal Credit is still very new to most of us here, and I think we may not be too familiar with all the rules and procedures.

Still, you should not be sanctioned before you have been given an opportunity to put your side of the story to the Decision Maker. So unless you hear from them, I'd say you should receive your benefit as normal next week.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Whole system is about scaring people more and more as opposed to actually happens it seems

The lack of a letter could be just human error but the lack of it makes you fearful in case of anything bad

Could be they accepted it but never posted a letter, I do think if they were to try sanctions they would have told you immediately so I would bet you have nothing to worry about