Caravan Blackhorse - Caravan HP problems.refund issues..**WON VIA FOS**

Surfer01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Surfer

Were you made aware of the £25 charge before as a separate cost within the £279?

Write a letter (£200), send it Recorded Delivery. Lets see if they do respond.

Contact CAB, get a Ref no., write 'CAB/Trading Standards Ref:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX'. Write that on the letter.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Surfer

Were you made aware of the £25 charge before as a separate cost within the £279?

Write a letter (£200), send it Recorded Delivery. Lets see if they do respond.

Contact CAB, get a Ref no., write 'CAB/Trading Standards Ref:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX'. Write that on the letter.

Nope never made aware of this charge at any point as no T & Cs with invoice. We were away from home at the time and they were aware of this.

I will draft up a letter to the caravan dealer and see if they respond.

• 3 weeks later...

On the 12th of June 2014,

we made a purchase for the installation of a tracking device on a new caravan on 24th June 2014.

Approximately 24 hours prior to installation,

we contacted the supplier by phone to cancel as we decided not to purchase the caravan.

The supplier refunded the money less £25 stating that the installer would bill them

the £25 for the time booked.

Surely under the new Consumer Contract Regulations the retailer has to give a full refund.

I have contacted by email regarding cancellation which triggered the partial refund.

I contacted them again for the balance of the refund through the "Contact Us"

form on their website but no response.

In that communication I advise them that I will pursue it under DSR

as I was not aware at the time of the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 replacing the DSR.

I have since without luck tried to raise an official complaint with Trading Standards

but I cannot find a link for sending email or written complaints.

I have also checked the Citizens Advice Bureau for an email address

or physical address where to send a complaint, but no luck.

Previously you completed a form online and submitted it, but that is not available either.

Seems they are making it difficult to complain in writing?

ease advise how I woulddl go about raising an official complaint about the retailer.

Thanks.

i can find nothing either except " Inc Fitting & VAT".

You have a really good case to take forward here should it become necessary.

There is none of the regulatory information about returns or cancellation displayed on their website.

Write to them by recorded delivery letter and 'tell' them they have 14 days in which to refund the outstanding amount or you will take further action.

It's too late now but you should have put the name of the company in your subject header and then it would have gone out on twitter and facebook as well.

I will write to them and send it my registered mail. At the moment I cannot find the name of the CEO for the company so will address it to the Managing Director. Correct me if I am wrong but I think that the website does not comply with the regulations for a UK business website?

1. Overview

You must provide certain information for your customers if you’re selling goods online, through digital TV, by mail order or by phone, text message or fax.

Before an order is placed

All distance sellers must follow certain rules before and after an order is placed.

You must display information such as:

your business name and contact details

a description of your goods or services

the price, including all taxes

how a customer can pay

delivery arrangements, costs and how long goods will take to arrive

the minimum length of their contract

conditions for terminating contracts

information about the customer’s right to cancel within 14 days

You must tell the customer if they will be responsible for paying for the return of goods if they cancel. If you don’t, they’re not liable for the costs.

After an order is placed

You must get in touch with your customer in writing after an order is placed and before the goods or services have been delivered.

You must tell them:

details of what they have purchased

the total cost

arrangements for delivery

the minimum duration of any contract and arrangements for terminating the contract

how and when they can cancel an order and who pays for returning goods

an address where complaints can be sent

any guarantees or after-sales services you offer

conditions for terminating contracts

any helpline call charges that are more than calling an 01, 02 or 03 number, or a mobile or free number

There are extra rules if you’re selling online or selling overseas.

Sale of Goods Act

All businesses that supply goods, including online and distance sellers, must follow the ‘Sale of Goods Act’.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 4 months later...

On the 14th October at the NEC show we ordered an 300 caravan air awning and an electric air pump together and paid for them upfront by CC. On the 15th October we changed the order to order a bigger awning plus some extras and keeping the electric pump.

We received the awning within days however we have not received the electric pump and most of the extras. We were told the extras would be with us mid November, which then became beginning December, then mid december and now mid January 2015! We have waited for more than a reasonable amount of time.

We erected the awning to try it out within days of delivery. As we need the electric pump to set it up and one of the extras to prevent condensation we have not been able to use it since.

We are tired of waiting and wish to return the awnings and the other item received with it. Can we do this under the Consumer Contracts Regulations as none of the items are custom made and altogether cost us over £1100?

Send them a letter by recorded delivery informing them that time is of the essence and if you do not receive the remaining items on the order within seven days that you will return all the items you have so far and reject the contract without any further notice to them.

Tell them that in that event you would expect them to refund you but if they will not then you will take the matter up with your bank under section 75 of the consumer credit act and have the money refunded that way.

When you send the items of make sure that they are beautifully packed – but before you do that make sure everything is photographed so that there is no argument about the condition. Photograph the contents and then photograph the packaging and make sure that it is all sent off correctly packaged and insured. If you want to claim the costs of these, then you will have to claim them directly from your supplier.

The only thing we have unpacked is the caravan awning which was the most expensive part. As they have not fulfilled the contract, then surely it is their responsibility to collect once I have them a Letter of Cancellation? The awning weighs over 20kgs so will not be cheap to send back.

We do understand that it is the manufacturer that has badly let down the supplier as we are not the only one in this situation. Apparently all the stuff comes from China. Until recently we were under the impression that it was a British company manufacturing the awning in Britain not realising that they had contracted a firm in China to manufacture the awning. The other concern is of course if a fault develops will it take several months for the problem to be rectified?

It would certainly be their responsibility to pay any expenses. You could insist on them collecitng it but that is likely to complicate matters. Best to get it back to them and claim losses if you can

Thanks for the above reply. I am having a bad run of luck with suppliers at the moment. I cancelled another order with another supplier prior to despatch, but they still sent it and charged me the full postal fee of £4 for a part order with a value of less than £7 (tablets for the dog). Not worth sending back due to value of consigment.

On yet another order I inquired about next day delivery for items with a value of £13 and was told the cost was nearly £10. I declined this and proceeded with the transaction for the tablets however on checking the confirmation email received this morning they had charged me the £10 for next day delivery and for an amount that I had not authorised on my debit card. the items arrived this morning so not time to dispute it. I have emailed them, but no response.

• 3 weeks later...

On the 14th October 2014 we ordered an air awning for our caravan plus an electric pump. On the 15th we upgraded the order to a bigger awning and also ordered a roof liner, a carpet for the awning and storm straps.

We received the upgraded awning within 2 weeks and carpet however no electric pump which is essential to us as we both suffer from arthritic joints. The roof liner helps prevent condensation in the cooler months.

We unpacked the awning and erected it as we needed to make sure that there were no issues with the awning. We have not used it since.

We are still waiting for the roof liner, storm straps and electric pump. We are now consideering canelling the order as 3 months later and still no sign of the other goods is getting a bit much. We have been told the electric pump may be with us in Feb and the roof liner sometime in March but we have heard these stories previously.

We have written to the supplier by snail mail, but they have not bothered to reply. The manufacturer is the one that gave us the updates on delivery and the manufacturer has not had stock of any of the itemns since October 2014!

As only part of the order has been received, can we cancel as it is beyond a reasonable time and also does the supplier have to pay for the collection service. The items were paid for by credit card.

Did you order these items online? If so then you are still covered by the distance regulations – as updated. The contract is not complete and so you still have your cooling off period.

Even if you didn't order the items online, it's clear that the delivery time is now becoming excessive and not acceptable.

Send them a letter and give them seven days telling them that time is now the essence and if the order is not completed within seven days then it is cancelled and they must organise collection of whatever items have been delivered.

Make sure you do all of this in writing – you have been here long enough to know that.

If there is any monkey business then start reclaiming the money from your credit card company under section 75 of the consumer credit act.

In fact if I were you I would copy the credit card people into all the correspondence so that the suppliers are aware of where this is going and also that there will be no surprises for the credit card people.

Contact the credit card people and tell them what you are doing and that you may well be claiming your money back from them if the supplier is uncooperative.

Thanks. I initially ordered the items at the NEC show and then updated the order over the phone. I have already written to them by snail mail giving them until the 15th January to produce the goods or we want them to collect the goods at their expense. They have not replied to my letter. At this time I have not contacted the CC which is Barclaycard as decided to wait until the 15th which makes it 3 months since ordering.

I have now received a response to my letter. they state that they are happy to refund etc but are requesting that the items are unused in in the original packaging. This is an issue as you have 14 days from receipt of goods to return them etc. We had to remove it from the packaging and erect it to make sure that there were no issues with the awning.

At that stage we were under the impression that the rest of the goods would be with us within a week or two so did not see any reason for keeping the goods in the original packaging. Obviously we no longer have the packaging which consisted of a large number of tissue sheets in between the folds and the large box haas long ago been recycled. How long do they expect you to keep packaging?

Perhaps we should ask for some form of compensation to make up for the delay instead fo returning the goods.

do a chargeback with your card provider and tell them that the demands from the supplier are unreasonable and probably unlawful (if awning no use without other parts). The company will then deny everything but if you are resolute with Barclaycard they will refund you and take the money from the supplier under their business terms.

That is good news, surfer :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 3 months later...

Last year at a show in Oct we ordered a Kampa Air Ace porch awning with an electric pump for our caravan paying for it with a Barclaycard.

We changed our minds the next day and ordered a bigger awning plus an awning carpet paying the balance with the same card.

The awning and carpet arrived in November.

We were only able to erect the awning at end of November for 1 night and all seemed well,

however on first use we found the carpet to be faulty and returned it.

This was exchanged for another type of carpet.

Both carpets are "custom made" in bulk for this particular awning.

The electric pump only arrived in late February so we could not use the awning in between as we both suffer from arthritis

and pumping up the awning by hand was difficult and painful.

We then used the awning again over Easter and then noticed quite large marks on the roof in the centre of the awning which only shows up in a certain light.

Another mark was a large X with the number 2 next to it.

We tried to brush it out but to no avail.

We also used the curtains for the first time and found one to have a broken clip.

We then used the awning again 3 weeks ago and one of the other curtains on second use had started to fray at the bottom as the stitching was coming apart.

We also noticed that we had heavy condensation in the awning.

We do expect some but not to the extent where you touch the awning roof and it is like an Amazon forest rainfall inside the awning.

We also has some heavy rain and this gathered in a large puddle on the roof of the awning

and the concern here is the weight of the water stretching the material.

We had to keep emptying the area every hours.

Luckily we were at the caravan as if we had been out for the day, who knows what may have happened.

We have approached the supplier who has bent over backwards to help us

however the manufacturer cannot supply replacement curtains until later in the year when the caravan season has ended for us

and neither can the manufacturer supply a replacement awning until later in the year as it has to come from China.

BTW there is a label on the awning of the Union flag with the words "Designed in UK"

which could possibly be construed as being manufactured in the UK.

As we think waiting several months for replacements is unacceptable is unreasonable

and even then the replacement may suffer from condensation or water pooling on the roof,

the supplier has agreed to take back the awning only at this point for an inspection

but how will they test it for pooling on the roof and condensation?

At this point all we want is a refund for the anwing and other associated items.

Is this a reasonable request even if they inspect the awning and cannot actuall "see" any issues like the water pooling and condensantion issues.

Many other people have complained about the latter two issues and a Google shows up these issues.