mall Claims hearing as defendant against former Landlady , PLEASE HELP!!

KennyOye
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help please: I have 5 days left to submit my witness statement to a claim initiated by my ex-landlady that we failed to honor the surrender of terms agreement and claiming for £2000.

The conditions of the Surrender are as follow:

a) That we pay £500 by March 15, which we did pay by March 14

b) A further £500 by March ending. We weren't able to physically pay this but we mandated the Deposit scheme to pay her the amount from the £1000 deposit. This instruction was obeyed and she did receive the £500 although by early April

c) Property is given back in accordance with the terms & conditions of tenancy agreement.

The property was given back to the best of our ability but the agents observed some repair issues. We were able to accept some of the repair issues and paid £240 but we vehemently disagreed with some.

In my statement I have given a chronological state of events but I want to be sure I stand a good chance in front of the judge.

Please what are the key legal details I need to include in my case to proof that we DID honor the surrender of terms conditions:???:?

In response to your thumbnails:

Name of the Claimant : ** EDIT **

Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to.

Date of issue: May 14 2014. The Judge has set out directions, under fast track, for hearing which is fixed for September and I have up until 14th August to send my Witness Statement to court

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? I'm claiming for 2 months of rent outstanding as the tenants have failed to fulfill their financial obligation with regards to rent payment up to 15th June which is expiry of the signed 6 months fixed term tenancy agreement. The tenants have also failed to honor the surrender in terms agreement which has been drawn up in order to waive the last 6 weeks of rent. Unfortunately, they have failed to oblige with the terms and conditions stated in the surrender of terms agreement. The Claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1964 at the rate of 8% a year from 15/03/2014 to 14/05/2014 on 1990 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgement or earlier payment at a rate of £0.44.

What is the value of the claim? £2095

Is the claim for a current or credit/loan account or mobile phone account? Landlord/tenant rent payment

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? after 2007

Please use these further information to answer my question in the earlier post. "Please what are the key legal details I need to include in my case to proof that we DID honor the surrender of terms conditions?"

Thanks

Edited by citizenB
Removed name

What exactly, the landlord is actually claiming here? The 6 weeks rent?

Does the surrender agreement say you are liable for the outstanding rent if the agreement is not complied with?

I don't think there is any real legal magic to a witness statement in a case like this.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

What exactly, the landlord is actually claiming here? The 6 weeks rent?

Does the surrender agreement say you are liable for the outstanding rent if the agreement is not complied with?

I don't think there is any real legal magic to a witness statement in a case like this.

Hi Steampowered,

The landlord is claiming 2 months worth of rent. The terms of the surrender states that, "if any of the terms are not met the landlord, will without further notice, exercise her right to enforce the full contractual term via the small claims court".

The point I'm making, in my witness statement, is that ALL the conditions were met and I'm seeking clarifications on the third condition in that how can the landlady proof we didn't honour the third condition.

Moreover, if the conditions weren't honoured but the landlord DID receive the sum of £1240, which was indeed what the first two conditions in the terms required, does that NOT defeat her case?

Thanks