Vanquis Default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

pdf please

Hi Dx

I've converted the files to PDF. But my ipad won't allow me to upload them. I'll try again.

I find this application/credit agreement quite concerning for a number of reasons. The most notably are:

1) On page 2 of the application it asks for the home phone number. The number inserted in that particular field is in fact my parents number. Why, when I never lived with my parents on opening this account would I give my parents telephone number as my home number? I would have given them my actual phone number!

2) It asks for my email address. Why have they got my ex wife's email? Again, I would have inserted my own personal email address!

3) there is NO tick box to indicate that I agree to the Ts & Cs

Any advice?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dx

I've converted the files to PDF. But my ipad won't allow me to upload them. I'll try again.

I find this application/credit agreement quite concerning for a number of reasons. The most notably are:

1) On page 2 of the application it asks for the home phone number. The number inserted in that particular field is in fact my parents number. Why, when I never lived with my parents on opening this account would I give my parents telephone number as my home number? I would have given them my actual phone number!

2) It asks for my email address. Why have they got my ex wife's email? Again, I would have inserted my own personal email address!

3) there is NO tick box to indicate that I agree to the Ts & Cs

Any advice?

From what I know of Vanquis agreements/app forms and the way they are processed my feeling is this document (s) that you have Eagle has been reconstructed from "search" data they have cobbled together when you have made a CCA request,

I have seen a number of these recently all from around the same period I firmly believe that these do not satisfy a CCA request and will not stand if subject to litigation.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

From what I know of Vanquis agreements/app forms and the way they are processed my feeling is this document (s) that you have Eagle has been reconstructed from "search" data they have cobbled together when you have made a CCA request,

I have seen a number of these recently all from around the same period I firmly believe that these do not satisfy a CCA request and will not stand if subject to litigation.

Hi brig,

I believe that something smells with these.

The reason I think this is because,

I haven't paid a penny to them for almost two years,

the debt has been passed to Lewis, Mucky Hall and now Cabot.

And the strange thing is, they have never attempted any court action.

I have no ever denied that I owe them money, I do. Just not the amount they say, because £600.00 are penalty charges.

Also, In 2012, I wrote to Vanquis asking them to update my address details as I moved home. I never heard a thing.

Although it clearly states on their comms log that I had written to them to update my address.

It even has my address documented.

However it also states, unable to update as we can't contact card holder on his mobile.

That is strange because I didn't have a mobile.

Even, the application/CCA states so,

the field which asks for mobile phone is empty, so how can they call my mobile, when it doesn't exist.

This then goes on to me not receiving a DN, Termination Notice or Notice of Assignement.

Although, I did ask Cabot for a copy of the NOA, which they emailed me.

Now, Cabot conducted a trace search on my CF on 03/03/2013 the NOA was sent on 06/03/2013.

Firstly, they had no need to conduct a trace search because Vanquis knew where I was living.

Secondly, I thought a trace search was to trace an individual?

They should have seen my current address on my CF,

so why did they send the NOA to my old address three days after the conducted a trace?

Sorry to go on, it makes me cross

Eagle

What you say here Eagle I think confirms my feeling that the documents being sent out are fabrications and cannot be relied upon, also there is far too many like this cropping up at the same time.

It stinks of wrong doing!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

What you say here Eagle I think confirms my feeling that the documents being sent out are fabrications and cannot be relied upon, also there is far too many like this cropping up at the same time.

It stinks of wrong doing!

I have a letter for Vanquis asking for a copy of the DN and TN. I'll be sending that recorded tomorrow. I'll see if there are any discrepancies with them. I'll keep you posted

Eagle

I have a letter for Vanquis asking for a copy of the DN and TN. I'll be sending that recorded tomorrow. I'll see if there are any discrepancies with them. I'll keep you posted

Eagle

Ok thanks.

Hi

I'm really confused on what I should do next in regards to this Vanquis situation.

I now have documented proof that Vanquis received and documented my request to change my address.

However, their reason for not updating my address was because they couldn't contact me via my mobile.

I also have the proof from Vanquis proving I never gave them/ or even had a mobile.

So how could they possibly call me on it!!

This then resulted in me NOT receiving a Default Notice,

Termination Notice or Notice of Assignment.

And subsequently being awarded a Default on my credit file.

Also, the debt consists of £600 default charges,

which I am in the process of claiming back.

They should be now in receipt of my financial report/request for a refund.

The CCA I received from Vanquis has NO tick box on it.

I have checked their online application procedure today via their website

and on step 6 it has a tick box and a date associated with it.

There is nothing on my CCA to indicate that I agreed to the terms.

Also, they have my home telephone number showing on their records as a company called (Advance Security Solutions) checked via the internet.

I certainly do not live at this companies office or have ever worked for them!

Secondly, they have a mobile number on their records. It's not mine as I do not own one,

so I called it. (And let's just say I have no idea who the person is)

My question is,

should I wait until I get the charges refunded,

then contact Vanquis or should I write to them explaining that they didn't update my address details despite me asking them to.

So I never received any DN resulting In me not having the opportunity to remedy the situation.

I really don't know how to play this at the moment, I just want the default removed.

Eagle

as you've explained it here

and with the evidence you have...

I'd be giving them 14 days to remove the default etc etc

before you escalate this to the FOS/ICO/FCA.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

as you've explained it here

and with the evidence you have...

I'd be giving them 14 days to remove the default etc etc

before you escalate this to the FOS/ICO/FCA.

dx

Hi Dx

Thanks for the reply.

I forgot to mention to, that on the so called CCA agreement they have my parents home phone number registered.

They claim that this so called CCA is what I completed when I applied for the card.

I had my own house when I applied, with my own home phone number.

I would have no reason to put my parents number on the application form,

I most certainly would use my own. Just another mistake they have made.

Aren't the FOS/ICO/FCA all in the pockets of these credit card companies and would in all probability side with them?

Eagle

well no not really

they are all their to regulate them.

people might fell some of their decisions are unfair

but in this instance theres to much there for these people to ignore if they so chose too me think.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well no not really

they are all their to regulate them.

people might fell some of their decisions are unfair

but in this instance theres to much there for these people to ignore if they so chose too me think.

dx

Ok,

I think I have a battle plan. I will compile a an assertive letter outlining the inconsistencies surrounding the default, including photocopies of the supporting evidence. Would it be best to send it to the CEO and bypass the trained chimpanzees in the Customer Action Team?

Eagle

IMHO yes

dx

and they

Hi

I'm really confused on what I should do next in regards to this Vanquis situation.

I now have documented proof that Vanquis received and documented my request to change my address.

However, their reason for not updating my address was because they couldn't contact me via my mobile.

I also have the proof from Vanquis proving I never gave them/ or even had a mobile.

So how could they possibly call me on it!!

This then resulted in me NOT receiving a Default Notice,

Termination Notice or Notice of Assignment.

And subsequently being awarded a Default on my credit file.

Also, the debt consists of £600 default charges,

which I am in the process of claiming back.

They should be now in receipt of my financial report/request for a refund.

The CCA I received from Vanquis has NO tick box on it.

I have checked their online application procedure today via their website

and on step 6 it has a tick box and a date associated with it.

There is nothing on my CCA to indicate that I agreed to the terms.

Also, they have my home telephone number showing on their records as a company called (Advance Security Solutions) checked via the internet.

I certainly do not live at this companies office or have ever worked for them!

Secondly, they have a mobile number on their records. It's not mine as I do not own one,

so I called it. (And let's just say I have no idea who the person is)

My question is,

should I wait until I get the charges refunded,

then contact Vanquis or should I write to them explaining that they didn't update my address details despite me asking them to.

So I never received any DN resulting In me not having the opportunity to remedy the situation.

I really don't know how to play this at the moment, I just want the default removed.

Eagle

Good morning Eagle,

I would raise a formal complaint with Peter Cook CEO of the Provident Group, lay out all the errors in the Vanquis data, this means that Vanquis must fully investigate and respond with in 56 days.

Just let the claim procedure run.

Good morning Eagle,

I would raise a formal complaint with Peter Cook CEO of the Provident Group, lay out all the errors in the Vanquis data, this means that Vanquis must fully investigate and respond with in 56 days.

Just let the claim procedure run.

Thanks brig

Thanks brig

I've began a draft letter to the CEO. It's 4 pages so far and appears to be just dribble! Any I ideas on the best approach to write this letter. It's taking me 3 hours and it just reads like complete tosh!!!!!

Please help

simply bullet point the issues you have in simple one line issues.

very brief

no waffle

dx

and they

I've began a draft letter to the CEO. It's 4 pages so far and appears to be just dribble! Any I ideas on the best approach to write this letter. It's taking me 3 hours and it just reads like complete tosh!!!!!

Please help

Yep dx is spot on!

Just a quick update. I have sent the complaint letter to Mr Crook via special delivery. Just a waiting game now.

I also found that on the so called CCA, under addresses, they had the address where I was living when I originally applied for the card. And my previous address. Which are correct. However, on the address when opened the account it shows me as living at the address for 0 years 7 months. And the previous address as 0 years and 0 months. Surely they cannot approve a credit facility with a mere 7 months of address history.

Eagle

Just a quick update. I have sent the complaint letter to Mr Crook via special delivery. Just a waiting game now.

I also found that on the so called CCA, under addresses, they had the address where I was living when I originally applied for the card. And my previous address. Which are correct. However, on the address when opened the account it shows me as living at the address for 0 years 7 months. And the previous address as 0 years and 0 months. Surely they cannot approve a credit facility with a mere 7 months of address history.

Eagle

Hi Eagle,

Sounds odd indeed!!

Irresponsible Lending??

I'm sorry to keep going on with this, but I've found another puzzling in-discrepancy.

Perhaps somebody can clarify this for me.

Vanquis, hold my old address on file despite them acknowledging my written request to update my address but failed to action it.

The default registered on my Credit File originally, placed there by Vanquis, but is now showing as Cabot is in fact registered at my current address!

So if Vanquis/ Cabot have been using my previous address and hold that address on record, how can they possibly register the default under my current address?

I might be clutching at straws, but is seems strange

Eagle

I'm sorry to keep going on with this, but I've found another puzzling in-discrepancy. Perhaps somebody can clarify this for me. Vanquis, hold my old address on file despite them acknowledging my written request to update my address but failed to action it. The default registered on my Credit File originally, placed there by Vanquis, but is now showing as Cabot is in fact registered at my current address!

So if Vanquis/ Cabot have been using my previous address and hold that address on record, how can they possibly register the default under my current address?

I might be clutching at straws, but is seems strange

Eagle

I suspect that the old address was the first one to come up when Vanquis was preparing the account for sale, later the new address has been found and the file has been corrected, don't think there is anything to challenge on that which will help you.

I suspect that the old address was the first one to come up when Vanquis was preparing the account for sale, later the new address has been found and the file has been corrected, don't think there is anything to challenge on that which will help you.

Hi Brig,

That was my initial thought to. However, Cabot completed a trace search on me. This, I would assume, should have proven that I was living at my current address. However, 3 days later they sent the NOA to my old address. Then later put the default on me at the correct address

Eagle

Hi Brig,

That was my initial thought to. However, Cabot completed a trace search on me. This, I would assume, should have proven that I was living at my current address. However, 3 days later they sent the NOA to my old address. Then later put the default on me at the correct address

Eagle

Hi Eagle no doubt I think this is a case of one incompetent desk jock not communicating with the next equally incompetent jock at the next desk.