Support Group Telephone Call Work Provider.

Lilly_Monroe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3542 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:Lilly_Monroe:

Soon as you were awarded employment n support with the support component your participation in the work programme became voluntary. Your provider can keep you on their books for the full two years, and can invite you to chat, but it's up to you whether you respond.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/work-programme-dwp-provider-guidance

(Page 6 of chapter 2)

Have they not noticed your changed status? Or are they trying to ignore it? Either way, even if you receive a correctly completed mandatory activity notice, followed by a 'good reason' letter, the decision maker should dismiss any referral for a sanction. And if s/he doesn't, a copy of your award letter will be an indisputable good reason.

Best wishes, Margaret.

Thanks for the replies.

Yes they know I am in the support group I rang to cancel an appointment that was scheduled and I spoke to my adviser and told her I had been placed in the support group.

She seemed pleased for me, but said they would keep in touch to see how I was doing and offer support if needed.

I did not think they meant like within the next two weeks.

Trouble is if I ignore and my money gets stopped whilst the DWP investigate I will be in real trouble, I cannot afford a break or deduction in money.

I am in the support group for MH reasons, this is some help the letter only came the other day and I am in bits.

Look at it from the view of the mercenary Work Provider; anyone formally assigned to them is a potential source of income for them, so they're going to 'suggest', 'encourage' and downright pester people - even if they have no actual power over them. For all you don't have to look for work, etc they'll still want to keep in touch because if you suddenly got better and landed a job they'd be in like a shot claiming it was all down to their wonderful help :)

Best to use the rules against them and come down like a ton of bricks if they fail to follow them. They know the guidance perfectly well by now but they'll try it on every time hoping you don't know it.

You can't get sanctioned. DWP will see that you're in the support group and don't have to attend.

I had similar issues. They claimed I was in WRAG and I told them I was in support group. I was then told they'd contact me in a few months time to see if I wanted support. Not heard from them since.