PPC Signage & Website compliance with the Companies Act

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

New thread for discussing (possible) PPC signage and website non compliance with the Companies Act 2006.

I've asked that a couple of posts be moved here from another thread, and we can then continue the discussion without hijacking another thread :)

Edited by citizenB

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Following this thread, I took liberty of taking a few photos of the signage of a car park near me where they operate,

and it seems all of their signs are in breach of the companies act!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52626[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52627[/ATTACH]

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Following this thread, I took liberty of taking a few photos of the signage of a car park near me where they operate,

and it seems all of their signs are in breach of the companies act!!

I'd like to think so, but I'm not 100% sure that a geographic address needs to be displayed on signage. Though I am waiting for someone from Companies House to get back to me, so I shall ask the question.

If it does need to be on there, it will certainly make life interesting (and expensive) for the companies concerned, as while their signs might comply with the BPA/IPC codes of practice, they won't comply with the law. Open season on PPC's :D

Here's a pic I took yesterday for another matter. Different company, and there are apparently two companies operating in the car park. But one displays a full geographic address, while the other doesn't. Could be interesting times ahead ;)

As an aside.. UKPC, who are using an 0870 number, don't include details of the call tariff, which I think is a legal requirement, and Highview parking have their old address on all of the signage and seem to have two company numbers, one of which is exactly the same as UKPC.

IMG_0003.JPG

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

OK, I've heard back from the Companies House - Breaches team, and there's good news and bad.

The Good news is that Local Parking Security are about to get stamped on from a great height due to the fact that their website does not comply with the disclosure regulations in the Companies Act 2006. Shame :D

I'd bet it will soon lol

The bad news is that signage is not covered by the trading disclosures, so doesn't need to carry the full registered office address. However, I shall be reporting Highview Parking for the sign in my post above, as they appear to be using someone elses company number on their sign, and any other PPC websites that don't comply with the regulations.

So if you find any that don't have a full geographic address on them, please post the sites in this thread and I shall go and bother Companies House, and cost the PPC's a bit of cash into the bargain.

For clarity, the company website of a (registered) limited company should have the following information on it, which could be in the footer or on a contact us page.

The full address of the registered office. A PO Box doesn't comply unless it also has a geographic address included.

PO Box 123

Anytown

AB1 2CD

For instance, is no good.

PO Box 123

1 Any Road

Anytown

AB1 2CD

Is fine.

The website must include a contact email address and not just a contact form (I didn't know that)

The website must state where the company is registered. Just the company registration number isn't good enough. It must state Registered in England & Wales. Number 8923849 or similar, or Registered in Wales. Number 8923849 or similar, or Registered in Scotland. Number 8923849 or similar.

Get out there and get looking, between us I'm sure we can cost the industry a sizeable chunk of change in fees to have their websites redesigned :wink::violin:

And possibly even get the directors of the companies concerned up in court themselves.

Q. What can happen if the company fails to comply with the trading disclosure requirements?

A. The company and every one of its officers in default will be committing an offence and they may be liable to a fine.

Good stuff Dragonfly.

As a thread today was about these herberts, which country are they registered in? I can't find it?

http://www.ngpltd.com/home

They also tell blatant untruths...

Q. Is it true that the registered keeper need not give you any information about the driver of the vehicle at the time and date in question?

A.* No this is not true. *This was very true up until the changes in legislation on October 1st*2012 and there lies the problem. *That is why parking companies were reluctant to take people to court unless they had Photographic or video evidence clearly displaying the driver of the vehicle at the time and date in question.

Q. Do you take people to court?

A.*Yes, since the Protections of Freedoms Act (2012) came into force on 1st October 2012 a lot of the BPA approved parking companies are now pursuing people through the courts.

Thanks armadillo, I shall have pleasure in letting Companies House know. It's odd that they do include the required information (Registred in E&W) on their invoice, but not on their website. Bad NGP! :roll:

Unfortunately, I don't think they'll be all that interested in your second two points, but as long as we, on here, know the truth and continue to let others know, that's the main thing :)

Park Direct UK ( http://www.parkdirectuk.com/ ) reported to Companies House. I've never seen such a shambles of a website.

No registered office address at all, not even a PO Box.

No telephone number.

No email address.

CH are going to have a field day with this mob :D

Though I'm assuming that there's no law against it, I've also found something else rather 'interesting'...

Park Direct UK Limited.

Company Number: 06266347

Registered Address:

Unit 7, Tomo Estate

Packet Boat Lane

Uxbridge

UB8 2JP

Inc. Date: 01 Jun 2007

Directors (1): Mr Abraham Saliba

Park Direct UK Limited.

Company Number: 07437795

Registered Address:

1 Furzeground Way

Stockley Park East

Uxbridge

Middlesex

UB11 1BD

Inc. Date: 12 Nov 2010

Director(s) 1: Mr Abraham Saliba

2nd bite at the same cherry having found it too bitter the first time?

Interesting, but not at all surprising TBH...

Indicative of the whole sordid industry...exposing them is the only way to force them to play by the rules.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 weeks later...

I have today reported none other than ParkingEye to Companies House and OfCom (I'm sure that will raise a smile with some).

They have been reported to Companies House on the grounds of their breach of the Trading Disclosures Regulations. Namely.

1) Failing to disclose on their website their company number.

2) Failing to disclose on their website the region in which their company is registered. And

3) Failing to disclose on their website their registered office (geographic address)

They have further been reported to OfCom on the grounds of the fact that they only display an 0844 number, which can cost up to 41p a minute to call from a mobile, yet fail to warn people of the possible costs involved, or supply an alternative geographic telephone number in the 01 or 02 number ranges.

Should give them something to think about owned.gifw00t.gif