• Tweets

• Thanks for posting the CPR contents. i do wish you hadn't blanked out the dates and times since at times they can be relevant . Can you please repost including times and dates. They say that they sent a copy of  the original  PCN that they sent to the Hirer  along with your hire agreement documents. Did you receive them and if so can you please upload the original PCN without erasing dates and times. If they did include  all the paperwork they said, then that PCN is pretty near compliant except for their error with the discount time. In the Act it isn't actually specified but to offer a discount for 14 days from the OFFENCE is a joke. the offence occurred probably a couple of months prior to you receiving your Notice to Hirer.  Also the words in parentheses n the Act have been missed off. Section 14 [5][c] (c)warn the hirer that if, after the period of 21 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to hirer is given, the amount of unpaid parking charges referred to in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(f) or 9(2)(f) (as the case may be) has not been paid in full, the creditor will (if any applicable requirements are met) have the right to recover from the hirer so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Though it states "if any applicable ...." as opposed to "if all applicable......" in Section 8 or 9. Maybe the Site could explain what the difference between the two terms mean if there is a difference. Also on your claim form they keeper referring to you as the driver or the keeper.  You are the Hirer and only the Hirer is responsible for the charge EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T THE DRIVER. So they cannot pursue the driver and nowhere in the Hirer section of the Act is the hirer ever named as the keeper so NPC are pursuing the wrong person.  
    • This is simply a scam site.  It's been shown to be a scam in the national press and on national TV. Please fill in the the forum sticky and upload the invoice you've received. In fact what you have is an invoice, not a fine, a private company doesn't have the power to issue fines.  
    • Moved to the Private Parking forum.
    • Good afternoon, I am writing because I am very frustrated. I received a parking fine from MET Parking Services Ltd , ( Southgate park Stansted CM24 1PY) . We stopped for a quick meal in Mcdonalds and were there fir around 30 mins. We always do this after flights and never received a parking fine before.  Reason: The vehicle left in Southgate car park without payment made for parking and the occupants southgate premises. they took some pictures of us leaving the car. i did not try and appeal it yet as I came across many forums that this is a scam and I should leave it. But I keep getting threatening letters.  Incident happened : 23/10/2023 I did contact Mcdonalds and they said this:  Joylyn (McDonald’s Customer Services) 5 Apr 2024, 12:05 BST Dear Laura, Thank you for contacting McDonald’s Customer Services. I’m sorry to hear that you have received a Parking Charge Notice following your visit to our Stansted restaurant.   We've introduced parking restrictions at some of our restaurants to make sure there are always parking spaces available for customers.   We appreciate that some visits such as birthday parties or large group visits might take longer and the parking restrictions aren't intended to stop this. If you think your stay will exceed the stated maximum parking time then please speak to a manager in advance.   Your number plate is scanned by our Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system when you enter our car park, and then again when you leave. If you have overstayed the maximum time allowed, you will not be notified straight away- a Parking Charge Notice will be sent to you via the post.   If you feel that a Parking Charge Notice has been issued in error, please contact our approved contractors who issued the charge in order to appeal the charge. Unfortunately McDonald's are unable to revoke parking tickets- the outcome of the appeal is final and cannot be overturned by McDonald’s.   Many thanks for taking the time to contact McDonald’s Customer Services.   Can someone please help me out and suggest what I should do next?  Thank you 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Respondent demanding £800 by Monday

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've yet to read of anyone bringing a corporate to justice via e.t. if that is why you are doing this, stop now and save pain and cash.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

emmzzi, so you don't believe in ethics? So people should ignore white collar fraud or inappropriate behaviour? The mafia in Italy should have been allowed to overrun the judiciary? The first point of contact for workplace legal issues - aside from small sums of money owed - will be the e.t. For example, if you sustain a personal injury at work, the courts will expect your first stop to be the e.t.

In my case, I am also getting the regulators involved. The concept of justice is a very important one, if we are not to become little better than some third world corrupt regimes.

The ET only has jurisdiction to compensate the individual employee in a particular case for the losses suffered by that employee. It cannot order an employer to change its practices or make any general determination affecting the company's employees generally. It also cannot fine or take regulatory action against the employer.

The ET has no jurisdiction over personal injury claims. PI claims must be brought through court and only court.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Oh, OK. I must be thinking of something else. I thought PI could only be brought outside the e.t. if there was psychiatric injury involved.

It does change all the time, steampowered, as the e.t. now has power to refer a complaint to the appropriate authorities if the claimant ticks a box on the ET1 asking for this.

You don't report breaches just for money, surely? However, if it affects you, then you can claim if you suffer detriment and it is within the jurisdiction as a protected act.

I believe in looking after your own mental health before anything else, end of.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Oh, OK. I must be thinking of something else. I thought PI could only be brought outside the e.t. if there was psychiatric injury involved.

All PI claims go through the court system. You may be thinking of mediation, which is basically a process under which the claimant/defendant in a court process sit down to see if they can reach a settlement. This is encouraged by the court but is not mandatory.

It does change all the time, steampowered, as the e.t. now has power to refer a complaint to the appropriate authorities if the claimant ticks a box on the ET1 asking for this.
This checkbox only refers to 'whistleblowing' claims. This is a specific type of claim that only affects a small minority of cases. Even in whistleblowing cases all the ET staff might do is send the form on to the relevant regulator, the ET itself can't do anything.

You don't report breaches just for money, surely? However, if it affects you, then you can claim if you suffer detriment and it is within the jurisdiction as a protected act.
The ET is not a regulator. The ET is only a tribunal which acts like a civil court. In other words, it is only there to resolve disputes between two private parties.

If you want to report breaches so that the employer gets fined or punished, you would need to report them to the relevant regulator. For example, if it is a minimum wage issue, HMRC is responsible for that. If it is a health and safety issue, HSE are responsible.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the wise words, steampowered and emmzzi. It is a real maze.

Update to the issue. The Respondent applied to the ET as they threatened to strike out my case. Had a reply today. The Judge said they have been ordered to produce the bundle and to carry on with it. the issue of when I pay it by is nothing to do with him, he points out.

I have asked their lawyers for the breakdown of how they got to their figures and if it includes an hourly cost.

I want to concentrate on the actual case and not get sidetracked by peripheral issues, such as the cost of the bundle. Sheesh! Talk about stressed. I will of course contribute. The last thing I want is them turning up on my doorstep, with the sheriffs.

When I collated the copies of the documents I wanted for the bundle (about 200 pages) a very nice Western Union type shop charged me just £20 or so. Multiply that by six, it is still only £120.

In the meantime, they are refusing to release my copy of the bundle, which means it will be difficult for me to write up a decent witness statement with the documentary cross reference.

What shall I do next?

You should not be so scared about them turning up at your door. Sheriffs etc. cannot do anything without a court order/judgment saying you must pay a sum of money. The important thing is to understand the system.

I would be tempted to apply to the Tribunal for an order that (1) the copying costs you are required to pay are set at a particular amount (suggest a reasonable amount) and (2) that the Respondent releases the bundle to you within 7 days.

You can begin writing your witness statement just with blank cross-references. This is how it is done in practice ... you normally start writing your statement before the bundle has been finalised.

Update: They have now made an application challenging the judge's edict to carry on with the bundle on the grounds of why should we pay we didn't bring the case and it's not in our budget. They have a copy of the bundle for themselves to start writing their witness statement.

They want a ruling I cannot receive a copy until I pay some more money, even though I've paid some already and have volunteered regular contributions.

I sent an objection to say this. What should I do next?

I already asked for a £500 cap at the PH and he just wrote, "reasonable sum".

I don't want to fall into a trap of making lots of applications, as they are doing.

I can't see their request being successful and this all seems rather bizarre. It is common practice for the respondent to have to prepare the bundle and I think they are lucky in getting the Judge to agree to the Claimant having to contribute.

Have they indicated that they do not believe that the case has merit? Has there been a preliminary hearing to establish whether the case should proceed? It would be customary for the Respondent to apply for a costs order to recover the cost later rather than to risk the Judge's wrath at an early stage.

It might seem drastic, but if the judge has ordered the respondent to prepare the bundle, and the Orders set out a timetable for this, I would consider applying for an Unless order to say that either the bundle is prepared and released to you by the date previously ordered by the Judge, then he should consider striking out the defence.

This is clearly a further attempt to undermine your claim and get you to withdraw IMO

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

It's strong. Sent for listing from the outset. PH was to iron out issues and set timetable for hearing.

I'll see what the response is, first. It's my perception tribunals are loathe to strike out a defense as it's in the public interest to hear the explanation for the treatment. I think it would just be ignored if I requested strike out.

Soz, misread. The idea of an unless order is a good one, but do you know what, it makes me feel tired to go to that length just yet.

I expect they will be hoist by their own petard.

I don't think you should be worried about making too many applications. It seems to me that an application is genuinely needed to resolve this.

What really messes up the tribunal system is not the need to make minor orders like this, it is wastage of the tribunal calendar when trials have to be delayed or people do not have adequate time to prepare for hearings. You are much better off resolving this ASAP than risking it affecting the trial date.

If there is already an order for you to pay a 'reasonable sum', I would write to the Tribunal objecting to the application. This letter should mention what you have paid already, mention that the sum being requested is patently unreasonable and mention what you think a reasonable amount should be, and seek an order from the Tribunal confirming this. 500 sounds pretty high; why don't you suggest 100 in the first instance. You may seek an order that (for example) the bundle be released to you within 3 days.

• Haha 1

There is no order for me to pay. The judge pointed this out to the r's in his terse order to them to carry on with the bundle.

They will not succeed in delaying the hearing. I have a draft bundle (unpaginated) so I can get cracking on the Witness Statement shortly, with a good stock of post-it notes for page reference.

What I'll do is remit another amount today to show it is not won't, but can't, and preempt their application.

They have nothing to lose by behaving badly. I will just have to keep calm and not get involved in their strategy of trying to price me out.

I don't think sending them random amounts is the right approach. It will only encourage them to ask for more. The Tribunal will not care whether or not it is won't or can't. In law the only issue is whether you are legally required to do something or not required to do something, the underlying attitude is usually not important.

Thanks sp. I just want the bundle and to get on with it in time for the hearing without their having any good reason for delaying.

They are keen to restart COT3 negotiations. They have been sent a strong mesage by the tribunal, who must be aware how much it will cost them with their high band chambers barristers over four weeks. They did not even dare try for a no reasonable prospect of sucess application, as there is no hiding their blatant unfairness and victimisation. They had to admit to the tribunal they had no grounds for the cause of action, nor any evidence, so are now relying on well worn cliches about "breakdown of relations", smooth running of business and my "deep mistrust" of them...based on my querying their conduct and their statutory breaches.

As an example, I complained to the ICO about their refusal to tell me what their "allegations" were. They claim this is proof of my "mistrust". However, ICO backed me up and said under the DPA98 it was "unlikely" they had complied with DPA and, in their opinion, giving me the information I was entitled to, was the least I could expect.

This is just one of the procedural irregularities.

They have also revealed they have destroyed all interview notes so cannot disclose them to the tribunal.

I would certainly be looking to recover the amounts that you have paid if/hen successful at the full hearing - their behaviour seems completely unreasonable and it already sounds like the Judge might be receptive to a costs application

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

They have offered to repay the £2K as part of the settlement. However, I have had minimal costs apart from that.

The HR person they brought in, who is in a "Strategic Alliance" with the r's solicitors (their words) demanded I pay her £10 for SAR which she then pocketed and refused to give me SAR. The ICO was critical of this.

I had brought statutory, financial and internal controls breaches to their attention, which as a chartered accountant, I have a professional duty and obligation to do. The HR"consultant" claimed this was gross misconduct.

My father died suddenly as she was writing up her "investigation report". I was away 3 days on compassionate leave. When I returned, the woman who had demanded my suspension 3 years ago, which resulted in the firm being awarded compensation costs to me, sent me an email saying she had gone through my emails while I was away. I sent a polite one line reply asking if she had accessed the confidential e-mail from HR (under DPA you are entitled to privacy).

The HR consultant claimed this was me "bullying and harassing" this woman and that I should be disciplined for gross misconduct. She happened by coincidence to be finalising her report do was able to claim, "this was the straw that broke the camel's back", to strengthen her report. The woman claimed I had made the other person breakdown in tears and had to go home as she could not work with me any longer. They claimed I caused her shingles and psoriasis of the fingernail. However, when I asked for medical evidence at the PH, they withdrew this claim.

I discovered by pure chance that the woman had not gone home ill or in tears at all. She had already arranged to work from home on an intricate QAD report. Dozens of emails in the public folders showed she was perfectly happy and able to concentrate on the report. There was even banter that she wasn't feeling well but "must be a bug" as her uncle had the same thing.

They even forged documents in the bundle rather than be honest about why other staff had left.

The PIDA is about money laundering, white collar fraud and VAT fraud.

In the "investigation report" the HR consultant wrote in her introduction I was being investigated for having brought proceedings and "made this woman cry." (Yes, dear Reader, they spelt it out.)

The r's even tried to pursue me for £225K costs for the part of my claim not made out, citing the above as a reason. At the costs hearing in June, the barrister, legal team and r's were in a merry mood, laughing and joking as we were waiting to go in.

The judge threw out their application (on all 13 points, including the above) and in the written reasons heavily criticised the r's.

In effect, I was suddenly frogmarched out of my job with no pay or notice, for no genuine reason, on an automatically unfair reason, by their own account.

What is most unforgiveable I was in pieces over my father's passing and yet was informed, "you made Sue cry and made her ill so she had to go home."

The partner hearing my appeal was the same one who threatened to discipline me when I raised a query about Sue ordering me get unregistered junior staff to use her bank SMARTcard and PIN, when there was no justification for such an order that I could see. We had access to thousands of clients accounts. It was unreasonable, as it was easy enough to register a user.

The list of my misdemeanours includes looking at her with a blank face, asking her to put a document on my desk, and objecting to her searching through my desk, drawers and tray several times a day. This behaviour started immediately I was given a hearing date. She also insisted her waste paper basket filled with her food remains should be next to my chair. When I politely asked her to move it, she said each time the cleaning lady put it there.

Everybody else kept their bin under the desk.

Edited by BlindVision

Do you have legal help for this?

To be very franky with you, if there is no tribunal order requiring you to pay towards the bundle, then I think paying a single penny is very foolish and I am not sure why you are doing it. The normal position is that the claimant does not pay towards the bundle. Paying random small amounts is not going to get them to release the bundle. It seems to me that you are encouraging their behaviour.

If they are not releasing the bundle, go straight to the Tribunal to seek an order that they do so. I'm not sure why you are hesitating.

Hon, you are too emotionally involved. No one gives a stuff about where the bin is - not me and certainly not the judge.

Get your head out of the detail, look at what is important, use the financial regulators where required and make sure the ET is only about employment issues, and significant ones at that.

Otherwise, you sound like a rambling madman.

What are the two or three key matters you are raising? Get focused on them. More than that = mad and easy to discount.

emmzzi, the bin is not important at all, as illustrated in that I put up with it silently for months. However, it is indicative of the mentality.

What is serious is the attempt to conceal potential organised crime by wantonly discrediting anyone raising a query.

I did go to police as my name was used for apparent money laundering, who simply gave me a scrap of paper for the fraud online website. I went to the site, which said tax issues and money laundering issues should be reported to HMRC. I went to HMRC webpage and reported it. Also the Insolvency Service, who forwarded some of the issues to the regulators ICAE&W, who wrote to me requesting evidence, and they are now assessing the ethical and professional conduct and will let me know if they will investigate it as a disciplinary matter by end of August. HMRC said they cannot give me feedback as any investigation is confidential, but might need me for a witness statement if necessary.

The tribunal will assess whether I am protected from being disciplined for pointing out you cannot use VAT as a financial instrument, or a borrowing, especially in cash based accounting, which has the force of law. This woman deibetately ignored my advice about keeping proper VAT records. VAT repayments were coming in which I knew nothing about, and the VAT not recorded on the clients' records, except in retrospect.

One case had a loss of £50K. The lawyers acting for us sent us a VAT only invoice inthe sum of £50K, which was sent for a VAT repayment. I only knew about it when the receipt came in. I asked for the paperwork to record the transactions in the client cash book and was told that, "as it is now exactly a zero balance, it doesn't need to be recorded".

As this had the potential to be seen as fraudulent, and, frankly wrong not to keep a record of the transactions (VAT Act re record keeping) I approached the senior partner to ask that an auditor looked at it (we had no auditors or audit committee). I was brushed off.

When I was accused of "gross misconduct" in "bullying and harassing" this woman for raising statutory, compliance and internal control issues, through HR and the partners, I asked to discuss the matters with the regulators and was refused.

emmzzi, are you saying I should accept my punishment of summary dismissal with no pay or notice, or am I right to take it to tribunal? Is it really "crazy ramblings of a madman"?

I should just accept it, presumably.

What you would do in my position, emmzzi? I am curious.

Do you have legal help for this?

To be very franky with you, if there is no tribunal order requiring you to pay towards the bundle, then I think paying a single penny is very foolish and I am not sure why you are doing it. The normal position is that the claimant does not pay towards the bundle. Paying random small amounts is not going to get them to release the bundle. It seems to me that you are encouraging their behaviour.

If they are not releasing the bundle, go straight to the Tribunal to seek an order that they do so. I'm not sure why you are hesitating.

A truly brilliant barrister from a top chambers has given me pro bono help, and offered to help in the hearing. However, as the costs are prohibitive £1K per diem minimum for a hearing, bar pro bono cannot give more than three day's assistance.

CAB have been good, and FRU, but they do have very limited resources.

High street lawyers have been disappointing with little better knowledge of employment law than me.

I cannot afford a direct barrister just now.

emmzzi, are you saying I should accept my punishment of summary dismissal with no pay or notice, or am I right to take it to tribunal? Is it really "crazy ramblings of a madman"?

I should just accept it, presumably.

What you would do in my position, emmzzi? I am curious.

I'm not saying that. I'm saying focus on employment issues within the jurisdiction of the court, and stop writing about trivia. Make it easy for the judge to agree with you. Basic influencing skills!