Mortgage Advice Bureau & Brightstar Financial - trying to get money back - help

Philbellwood78

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2674 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

In March 2014 we had an offer accepted on our property and a new place we wanted to put an offer on. We were slightly pressured into using a Mortgage Advice Bureau and thats when things went adrift.

I work for a company that i own over 25% of the shares in so i am classed as self employed. They decided to package up my mortgage with another financial company Brightstar Finance who deal with tricky cases.

We received a DIP and things started proceeding. we ended up paying £95 to the Mortgage Advice Bureau for their services and £644 to Brightstar.

We kept chasing and responses were slow after some time we were told that the original lender they had declined the mortgage and they had not responded as they were looking for another. They settled on GE Money.

Things started moving again and were contacted to O.K. the survey on the new property.

Then things went quiet. after a lot of back and forward we were eventually contacted on the 11th of July and told the mortgage had been declined.

With the delays the sale of our property also fell through.

We have contacted both parties about reimbursement of some money they are not willing to reimburse.

Has anybody else had any issues with mortgage bureau's or any advice?