jsa daily signing info

wjamie23
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello hope some one can help me.

as of monday just gone was told that i had to attend the jobcentre daily at different times to do a job search now been told this i had to go back to the JC the next day for 1:35 which then i was made to sign and was told since i had been up yesterday which was monday that he was going to do job search next time i come up. so after leaving the JC he forgot to give the new time which was for 1:00 for the following day when i got there he told me that and that it was his fault since he didn't tell me then was made to sign and no job search again. he gave me a new time for 9:35. to me they either can't be bothered to do the job search to help me find work or there just find it funny me turning up just to sign a bit of paper and give excuses. i do my job searching at home since i have my own computer and internet with a job match account and can't really see how making me go each day is making any difference especially when they have done nothing to help.

also can someone tell me if the distance from JC is too long that they can't expect you to go each day as i live 3.0 miles away. had some information that if you live within 2 miles then they can make you go each day and if 2-4 miles then they have to make to twice a week. just what i read up on the internet.

thanks in advance.

can someone tell me if the distance from JC is too long that they can't expect you to go each day as i live 3.0 miles away. had some information that if you live within 2 miles then they can make you go each day and if 2-4 miles then they have to make to twice a week. just what i read up on the internet.

Be wary of what you read on the internet. Even if you lived ten miles away from the nearest JCP office, they could still drag you in on a daily basis. Distance is not a factor that is taken in to consideration. However, they should make allowances for the availability of transport. So if there is only four buses, three days a week, appointment times must take this in to account. If you have a car, don't let on and use bus timetables to your advantage.

If you are using public transport to get to these daily signing on sessions, I hope you are reclaiming the cost (to which you are entitled).

As for "job searches" - I doubt the JCP has the staff or resources to manage these sessions for everyone they drag in on a daily basis. I would recommend you keep your job search diary up to date and take it in every time. If you get asked what you did the previous day, you can pull the diary out and give them an hour by hour account of your activities.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

This exercise is just to p you off and hope you will sign off.

Keep all your public transport costs (bus tickets) and each day you want a refund for the costs.

It use to be paid back in cash but now its a bank transfer to your bank account, Make a fuss and you will get

it paid back same day via faster transfer, I had to do that myself and now its on my record that payments must be same day.

I have no doubt that after 2 weeks at this you will end up going back to normal fortnightly signing as JCP can't afford £40 a fortnight

for travel costs for each claimant.

George

Yes, claim expenses for your travel. You can do so for every day you're expected to attend the Jobcentre except your normal fortnightly signing day.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.