Better Group Price Problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3545 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So on 01/08/14 my local gyms price went down to £19.95, yet I was still charged my original price of £29.95 on the same day. I have been told by customer services that they will not refund this.

On top of this, when I asked about the membership pricing update, I have been told that all members have to pay a £15 processing fee to get the price updated to the cheaper amount.

Just doesn't seem right to me, am I right in complaining about the £25?

It's probably scarcely worth complaining – it's such a small amount. However I do agree that it seems incredibly unfair and also to charge some sort of fee apparently to process a reduction is really quite absurd and you could only describe as a kind of rip-off.

Please can you give us the link to their website or at least tell us the exact name of the organisation

Thanks for your reply,

It is such a small amount, and the only reason why i now want the full amount back is because they tried it on with the £15 admin fee, which i said was quite ridiculous. I was willing to accept the £10 up until that point.

Just a quick update, they have acknowledged the £15 fee was incorrect and staff member was misinformed but the £29.95 charge will stand because that is what the original agreement was, and they cannot alter the agreement down to £19.95 because i haven't agreed to it, and all existing members will have to pay the higher amount for an extra month. Could this not be classed as discriminatory against existing members or am i clutching at straws? £10...is still £10 :)

http://www.better.org.uk/leisure/barnet-burnt-oak-leisure-centre

Hi Khy,

We see the same thing in all manner of products like mobile phone contracts, home phone and broadband contracts, car breakdown contracts, etc. You have to pay what you agreed at the start of your agreement even though others would be offered better deals to entice them into signing up.

You are stuck with the price you agreed for the minimum m/ship period of 6 or 12 months, unless you move away from the gym, you're made redundant or you cannot use the gym due to injury or illness. In any such event, the gym admin dep't would need proof of the reason for cancelling early.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)