goodatresearch

sky tv, internet and landline problem

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1934 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Sorry if this is in wrong section, feel free to redirect.

My daughters having problems with Sky.

They agreed verbally that if she paid part of her monthly bill that if she paid part of her bill they wouldn't cut her off

and she could make the difference up in the next bill.

She therefore reversed part of her card payment leaving approx £63 with the Sky and £25 reverting back to her bank account.

Sky insists the whole £88 was returned to her bank and her bank insists that only £25 was returned to her account.

Sky cut her TV etc off for non payment and she's now getting threats from a DCA on behalf of Sky.

Neither Sky or the bank will alter their position.

She stopped paying them altogether as far as she's concerned they're in breach of contract for cutting her off and mislaying her money.

I intend to make a complaint to the communication ombudsman but not sure what else can be done if both the bank or Sky are adament of their position.

Any suggestions?

so does she have a bank statement providing this?

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

so does she have a bank statement providing this?

dx

Yes she does and her bank has looked into the matter and confirmed that only £25 was reversed.

Told Sky this but their not interested.

Then tell her to ignore the DCA,s and join Virgin...as Sky state themselves " Believe in better ":madgrin:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Ask your Daughter to check her Credit File in-case Sky have placed either a late payment marker and/or a Default onto her Credit Reference File.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Then tell her to ignore the DCA,s and join Virgin...as Sky state themselves " Believe in better ":madgrin:

Already joined Sky but that doesn't alter the fact they have £63 of her money for a service they cut off and are chasing her for cancellation fees.

Already joined Sky but that doesn't alter the fact they have £63 of her money for a service they cut off and are chasing her for cancellation fees.

Well that's the service you get from sky..reverse the rest and warn them if they add any adverse data you will inform and complain to the ICO and possibly litigate.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Well that's the service you get from sky..reverse the rest and warn them if they add any adverse data you will inform and complain to the ICO and possibly litigate.

Meant already joined virgin.

If she attempts to reverse the £63, they'll just argue there's nothing to reverse as the whole £88 went back to her account.

You get the bank to reverse it. Dont listen to what sky says.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D