Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2408 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have just received two 'notice of enforcement letters from Equity in respect of two amounts they claim I owe from 2010 and 2011. As far as I was aware, I was up to date with council tax. How can they suddenly start claiming amounts from 3/4 years ago. And they have applied the £75 enforcement fee to each. I am barely managing to pay my current council tax bill. There is no way I can afford to pay this.

I would be grateful for any help or advice. I have had dealings with these people in the past and managed to climb my way out of the debt and I feel sick at having to deal with them again.

Thanks

Ask the council for evidence and details of the liability orders issued.

You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:

1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you

2 - the dates they were obtained

3 - the addresses they were for

4 - the period of time each covers

5 - how much each one was for

6 - how much is still outstanding

7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement

8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Is this the first time you have heard from either the Council or Equita about these two alleged debts? If yes, have you moved address in the intervening years. Also you should check with the Council when these amounts were passed to the bailiffs as it may be that they should be charging you under the old regulations.